TBT's SLC regional features Dave Rose-coached Team Fredette

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    June 13, 2019 1:50 p.m.

Pete - Queen Creek, AZ
    June 11, 2019 3:15 p.m.
    I was recently at the Jazz/ Suns game in Phoenix and I will tell you that Jimmer had a louder greeting than any of the other Suns players... just saying... fan base is everywhere.

-------

Kardashian's have a fanbase everywhere, what they lack is talent.

June 12, 2019 12:51 p.m.

Having Dave Rose as the coach for Team Fredette will make James Taft Fredette feel as though he is finally "home." Rose will say this.........."Okay kiddos, Jimmer has the ball at all times, no need to play any defense at all, just surround the basket after Jimmer shoots, get the rebound, kick-it back out to Fredette's clapping hands, let him launch it again and again..........now, fellas, I'll scream at the refs all game long!"

June 12, 2019 11:20 a.m.

James Taft Fredette is headed back to Utah because he has to. He will be fielding many social events in Utah County this summer hoping for huge donations to his "charitable" foundation? Donald Trump also had a "charitable foundation" a while back as well. I'd love to see the factual financial structure of Fredette's "charity."

June 12, 2019 10:26 a.m.

@ Rockwell,

I know U are angry with me. I didn't wanna rain on your parade dear soul, but I obviously did. Fredette was a fluke-flash-flood back then and is now water-under-the-bridge as it stands today.

Try to smile more often pards!!!

June 12, 2019 10:21 a.m.

@ Phoenix,

You accuse me of "spin" dear saint? What I stated about the struggling PHX Suns giving James Taft Fredette a 10-day contract wasn't a pure economic ploy to sell tickets because there is a high-density Mormon population there......?..... of course it was. Sir, that is pure "economics," and I earned a MBA from a real school in that exact subject. Is that okay by U?

I don't care about Fredette's old college box scores in Tucson pal......old, meaningless news....if that?

• Rockwell Baltimore, MD
    June 12, 2019 10:09 a.m.

Utah-Hawaii Alum

"I'm equating Rudy to Fredette as it relates to JTF's current/last NBA stint."

A desperate apples-to-oranges comparison.

Jimmer was Consensus National Player of the Year in college and played several seasons in the NBA.

Rudy barely played in college and didn't even get a sniff at playing in the pros.

Jimmer's appeal to the crowd in Phoenix had absolutely NOTHING to do with Jimmer being an underdog, but everything to do with BYU fans rooting for a former BYU player.

It's obvious that you're still having nightmares from Jimmer's utter destruction of the rundown utes in his last game in the Huntsman.

June 12, 2019 9:56 a.m.

@ Rockwell,

You are spot on! However, I'm equating Rudy to Fredette as it relates to JTF's current/last NBA stint. As I stated......"everyone cheers for the underdog." And yes, Fredette was the "Rudy" for the PHX Suns this spring......I'm sure you agree with me now. All the best to U sir.

• phoenix Gilbert, AZ
    June 12, 2019 9:55 a.m.

Utah-Hawaii Alum

"Just remember a true fact as it relates to the greater PHX area...........Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler, some other small areas as well, are high density LDS enclaves."

LOL at your spin.

After Arizona was pasted 69-99 by BYU at McKale Center, Arizona fans gave Jimmer a standing ovation when he left the game after scoring 49 points, a new McKale Center record.

Jimmer's box score:

16/23 FG, 9/13 3PT, 8/9 FT, 7 Reb, 9 Ast, 2 Stl

Jimmer was, quite frankly, UNSTOPPABLE that night and even the home Arizona crowd appreciated his brilliant play.

June 12, 2019 9:49 a.m.

Oh my goodness.......the BYu-LDS brethren are coming on strong this morning indeed. Gosh, I'm so sorry that I don't share the same "spirit" about y'all's historic hero.....James Taft Fredette. He just cannot play basketball unless he is the SOLE ball hog.

"You people" try to keep your chins up! I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

• Rockwell Baltimore, MD
    June 12, 2019 9:33 a.m.

Utah-Hawaii Alum

"Folks always cheer for the underdog. Did you ever watch the movie "Rudy?" He was a walk-on kicker for Notre Dame decades ago and was a crowd fave like Fredette."

Just another example of your delusional fantasies.

Jimmer was Consensus National Player of the Year.

Rudy was strictly a practice squad player who only dressed and got onto the field ONCE during his entire collegiate career.

• Swoop Salt Lake City, UT
    June 12, 2019 9:25 a.m.

ut-HAW

"We Utes don't care at all what JTF did.......

- LOL! You're obsessed with ALL things BYU.

"We are in the PAC my friend.......feels good indeed."

yawn

Your rundown utes have been DOMINATED by the BYU COUGARS for a decade and a half:

14 of 20, most by double digits, including THREE 20-point blowouts.

Utah hasn't beaten BYU by 20+ points THIS CENTURY!

• ND95CA Lincoln Park, IL
    June 12, 2019 9:18 a.m.

Utah-Hawaii Alum

@Pete "Are you even remotely suggesting that others, like I, in fact, have not accomplished things much more impressive on the world stage than James Taft Fredette has? If so, then U are sadly mistaken."

It's not a suggestion, it's an absolute FACT!

Except for constantly spamming sports blogs with a steady stream of inane, BYU-hating comments, what have you ever accomplished on the "world stage"?

• Marked it Down Park City, UT
    June 12, 2019 9:15 a.m.

Utah-Hawaii Alum

"Of course James Taft Fredette is QUICKLY headed back to milk his tiny fan base."

Just another example of your rival-obsessed hatred of all things BYU...

living in your head, rent free, 24x7.

• jjarseneau Salt Lake, UT
    June 12, 2019 9:02 a.m.

Does the author not know that if you have an NBA contract, you cannot play in this tournament? I thought Jimmer was still under contract with Phoenix. That would be the reason he is listed as a coach.

• Striker Omaha, NE
    June 11, 2019 8:32 p.m.

I love that Jimmer and his empire of China, international college fan base, fans in Arizona, and many, many little red brothers absolutely are thrilled Jimmer keeps getting these great summer leagues to play in to keep us all interested in what he's up to. Keeps us busy these summer months when some of us are stuck in dad's basement working contracted customer service jobs. Thanks for living Jimmer! Looking forward to a fun summer!

June 11, 2019 3:44 p.m.

@ Pete,

Just remember a true fact as it relates to the greater PHX area...........Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler, some other small areas as well, are high density LDS enclaves. So, you are correct about fans cheering loudly @ PHX. I watched that game on tv and saw all the Mormons sitting in the rafters at that venue. James Taft Fredette was signed at the end of the season by the struggling Suns to sell tickets, which he did......not that many however.

I'm happy for U Pete! Y'all adore your heroes.

June 11, 2019 3:33 p.m.

@ Pete,

You are 100% correct! Folks always cheer for the underdog. Did you ever watch the movie "Rudy?" He was a walk-on kicker for Notre Dame decades ago and was a crowd fave like Fredette. Folks wanted to see Rudy do well....... a fair comparison to U?

• Pete Queen Creek, AZ
    June 11, 2019 3:15 p.m.

• Cougar_Trojan_Spurs_Fan San Diego, CA
    June 11, 2019 3:09 p.m.

@Utah-Hawaii Alum - CA, 00
    June 11, 2019 2:51 p.m.
    You wrote:

"@ Pete,

Please regale us of these tales of your "much more vast and impressive accomplishments" on the world stage.

We'll wait.....

I won't hold my breath.

June 11, 2019 3:06 p.m.

@ Pete,

So what........? We Utes don't care at all what JTF did.......We are in the PAC my friend.......feels good indeed.

June 11, 2019 3:04 p.m.

@ VA Texas,

Utah hoops was a dumpster fire back then. Fredette was a ball hog all his life is it. He is in the top 20 all-time NBA Draft busts. We all saw his unfortunate effort in PHX this spring. I'm old, but I can play far better D than that poser.

• Pete Queen Creek, AZ
    June 11, 2019 3:01 p.m.

The Utes did get scorched a few times by Jimmer

• V.A from Texas denton, TX
    June 11, 2019 2:53 p.m.

Utah-Hawaii Alum sounds like a guy whose team got thumped a few time by Fredette.

June 11, 2019 2:51 p.m.

@ Pete,

Fredette played basketball kinda not very good at the pro level is all. Don't speak for others kind sir.

• Pete Queen Creek, AZ
    June 11, 2019 2:19 p.m.

I love it when people say that somebody is no good and cannot play. Makes me wonder how many NBA games they have played in or how many fans they have.

June 11, 2019 12:43 p.m.

Does Fredette even have a contract with the Shanghai Sharks now? That guy cannot play......

June 11, 2019 12:36 p.m.

Of course James Taft Fredette is QUICKLY headed back to milk his tiny fan base. Even he knows now that he cannot play basketball at all after his unfortunate NBA fiasco in PHX this spring. Even a goldfish, in a quart jar. could go 0 for 13 from beyond the arc in the NBA. The "lonely master" sure did.