Morning links: Chicago Bears invite Jim McMahon for 100-year celebration

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    June 7, 2019 2:02 p.m.

1979, My freshman year, Marc Wilson was the QB and he was a goo one.
    1980 & 81, Jim McMahon, he was so dang good. Jim was ticked when he was given 5th in Heisman vote.
    1981-1983, Steve young was good. I remember when Jim M. got hurt in this Colorado game in Boulder, CO. Steve Young took over with few yards to go and Steve ran right in the middle for a easy TD. Steve Young ran too much but he did well with his left throwing arm. 2nd place Heisman Trophy
    1987-1991, Ty Detmer was the only player who was far better than most qb at BYU during his playing time.

I say Jim McMahon was my favorite and yeah he had to wait his turn to take over the qb job at the Y. I didn't realize that he was a kicker during his freshman year and he was a baseball player too.

• bamafone Salem, UT
    June 6, 2019 9:07 a.m.

Has it been one hundred years already since McMahon played. Where does the time go.

• matman Provo, UT
    June 5, 2019 3:17 p.m.

Jake Heaps was the best BYU QB

• yodak Dallas, TX
    June 5, 2019 11:38 a.m.

Yes, you could argue that McMahon was BYU's best ever QB, but I think it is Detmer. McMahon had one great year, but Detmer had three great years. Plus Detmer won the Heisman and played against better competition than McMahon. Detmer's best-ever season was better than McMahon's too.

McMahon had a better NFL career than Detmer, but while they played for BYU, I believe Detmer was better.

• skywalker Palo Alto, CA
    June 5, 2019 10:47 a.m.

Steve Young and Ty Detmer are close seconds,

but Jim McMahon is my all-time favorite BYU QB.

• Mowgli54 Granite Bay, CA
    June 5, 2019 9:13 a.m.

You can make a good argument that Jim McMahon was BYU’s best quarterback ever. He had the arm, legs and mostly the attitude.