'Unplanned': Meet the mom of 7 behind the anti-abortion film

• Marriage & Morality Advocate Cottonwood Heights, UT
    June 3, 2019 8:49 a.m.

Why is it so difficult only a couple of months after the movie originally came out to find a theater to go see the move?

• Back Talk Federal Way, WA
    May 20, 2019 10:51 a.m.

The extreme positions on both sides is crazy. Personhood at conception. Women can kill an infant at the last moment of birth. Unbelievable.

I would hope that people can see that "human life" deserves respect. At some point that "respect" for human life even outweighs the womans "reproductive right" .

The question is , where is that point?

It may be hard to define but adopting liberal Frances position of no abortions after 3 months might be a good compromise. The Supreme Court will not overturn Roe vs Wade but I fully expect them to add more restrictions.

We will see what happens but the old insults and characterizations of each side doesnt help.

• bemorefair , 00
    May 20, 2019 10:48 a.m.

@The Atheist - Provo, UT

Historical precedents are reversed once better information comes along. Slavery was once legal, but it shouldn't have been.

Abortion is currently legal, but it shouldn't be. And one day, hopefully, it won't be legal beyond certain exceptions (rape, incest, life of the mother, etc.) The 98% of abortions performed for the mother's convenience will hopefully become a thing of the past (just like slavery).

• sashabill , CA
    May 17, 2019 9:26 p.m.

BYUalum,

I also saw "Unplanned" (twice). I can heartily "second" the recommendation to go and see it. Take a friend or neighbor, take your teenagers.

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    May 17, 2019 8:24 p.m.

I have not seen "Unplanned," but I certainly commend Abby Johnson and all others who have been a part of its production and promotion.

I am not in support of extreme bills that have been passed or may be passed in certain states. They are beyond reasonable and sensible. However, I am certainly glad that that there is a movement to make abortion much more restrictive. There should be exceptions, but they should be few and far between.

The right to live does not need to include universal health care or other guarantees of a certain standard of living. Some of the most accomplished and compassionate humans have grown up in adverse circumstances, including limited health care, education and other benefits that are great to have, but which cannot be handed out equally in humanity. I have just met a young woman who was placed in a Chinese orphanage because of physical attributes, but who grew and progressed anyway, and is at a university learning skills to become an adoption placement worker.

Again, I appreciate all who have been advocates for the unborn, in whatever capacity they have taken that role.

• The Atheist Provo, UT
    May 17, 2019 6:03 p.m.

All mothers deserve the fundamental parental rights and right to privacy, especially about their healthcare and information, required by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, as interpreted by the Supreme Court in numerous cases since 1973.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    May 17, 2019 3:11 p.m.

I saw this movie, "Unplanned" when it first came out. I didn't want to, but I heard it reviewed very positively on talk-radio. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and as such do not go to or view "R" rated movies. I made an exception for this one because of the reviews, and I was not disappointed. I think everyone, Pro-Life or Pro-Abortion, should see this movie. It is a true story and portrayed in a very believable down-to-earth fashion. It will give you plenty to think about forever after! I have seen sex crimes and violence shown on my tv set and on Netflix 100x worse than this film portrayed. They rated it R to keep people like me away.

I'm so glad I saw "Unplanned", and I encourage everyone to see this, the important movie of our time!

• Arkpears Bella Vista, AR
    May 17, 2019 2:08 p.m.

The talk heard from many of the pro-choice proponents sound eerily like the pro-slavery and Holocaust supporters. It could be rationally argued that anybody who treats another human being as a thing and not as a fellow child of God is what is meant by the sign of the beast.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    May 17, 2019 1:38 p.m.

@flip phone

Then they must also deserve the right to continue living past birth, right? So be a proponent of mandatory vaccinations, universal healthcare, and sin taxes.

Since all lives are sacred to you, I can count on you to support those things, can't I?

• FargoUT Salt Lake City, UT
    May 17, 2019 1:28 p.m.

"I don’t think the irony was lost on anyone that (in some states) a 15-year-old girl can go get an abortion without her parents’ consent but cannot see a film about abortion without her parents’ consent."

This is a rather poor attempt at irony. For one, a 15-year-old girl can see this film. The MPAA rating system is just a guideline. If the girl sees the movie without her parents, she isn't going to be arrested, the theater owners won't be charged, and the producers won't be criminally liable.

Banning abortion will levy criminal liabilities on women and providers. They aren't even in the same wheelhouse.

• Flipphone , 00
    May 17, 2019 1:01 p.m.

All unborn babies deserve the right to be born.