Key dates to watch for the Utah Jazz during the offseason

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    May 1, 2019 5:23 p.m.

Old Basketball.......
    If the Jazz were wanting to be a championship type team, they would keep Gobert and Mitchell and maybe Ingles as starters and go find an upgrade at the PG and PF positions in the starting lineup. Unfortunately, that would require them to sign two huge contracts in Kemba Walker and Tobias Harris which won't happen. The best they can hope for is Grayson Allen morphs into an all-world PG next season and Favors shoots 38% from three. OK, bad fantasy....next year's team will be the same.

• ed Los Olivos, CA
    May 1, 2019 1:33 p.m.

Favors and Rubio were both major contributors to a good year. And both are high quality guys. I would like to see them both back.

• Hugh G. Hayter Salt Lake City, UT
    May 1, 2019 10:56 a.m.

Forget horse trading and the draft- nothing impactful will happen.

I want to see Niang, Mitrou-long, and Bradley on the team and being developed. The summer league games were eye opening for some of them but it didn't translate into regular season development. I would like to see Allen come back as a solid scoring threat too.

• oldbasketball Draper, UT
    April 30, 2019 10:17 a.m.

The article says that Lindsey has done well drafting late in the first round but only mentions Rodney Hood who was traded to Cleveland and then traded by the Cavs to Portland where he plays sparingly. I was watching that draft and all of the commentators said that Hood was the best available player still on the board. That pick wasn't a stroke of genius. Who else has Lindsey come up with late in the first round? Until he really manages to really get a great pick, sign a big time free agent or pull of a blockbuster trade, I still say he is just a very average GM. All we have to show for his 7 years of draft picks is Gobert and Mitchell. Plus he managed to let Hayward get away after the Jazz had spent years developing him. And if anyone thinks we are a better team without Hayward, they don't know much about basketball. So that means a net gain of one player in 7 years of draft picks. What kind of a track record is that?

• utahcountyaggie_19 Saratoga Springs, UT
    April 30, 2019 8:22 a.m.

Wow, I am so pumped for the off-season. I've always been an NBA Draft junkie regardless of where the Jazz pick. I am actually pretty stoked to see what the Jazz do with the 23rd Pick, because as was stated in the article, Lindsey does well with late picks. If I was management I would draft a PG and trade Exum somewhere else. I do want Favors to be back. Rubio however, I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He's a good guy and a decent player, but also wildly inconsistent. Summer League should be interesting to see how some of our younger guys have improved and changed their game. I think the Jazz should guarantee Neto's contract and Korver's contract as well, should he choose to come back. Hopefully, the Jazz can find a way to land a big name free agent and keep Favors. The only way I see this is to trade Exum somewhere for a 2nd Rounder and a salary dump type of player. Go Jazz!

• PaperTrail Orem, UT
    April 29, 2019 10:14 p.m.

There are many people who hope Rubio and Favors will be part of the Jazz next season. We may not be quite as vocal but we're hoping the Jazz management does everything to keep them. They are both quality players who are an integral part of the Jazz team.

• water rocket , 00
    April 29, 2019 8:31 p.m.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Jazz head offices to see what they plan to do. I do see most of this team coming back, including Favors, but I don't see Korver anywhere in the future plans of the Jazz. I also see Exum being jettisoned some how, as he simply can't (or won't) stay healthy ( I sure wish I could get paid millions for simply limping around). I am not sure Allen showed enough to stay, but I hope he does get at least one more year. For being only in his second year, Mitchell appears to still be growing into a star player, and Gobert has improved his offensive game. As likeable as Rubio is (and he does lead this team in assists) his offense is great one night and miserable for the next few games (is that a matter of not being focused?). One thing is for sure, and that is how the Jazz will not only look for talent, but for character as well.