McDonald's is dropping these sandwiches from its menu

• Herbert Gravy Salinas, CA
    April 22, 2019 11:51 p.m.

@hakuna

I think "wild idea" is a better option than Ted Turner.

Ted certainly doesn't need the money and I think Wild Idea is probably more eco-friendly.

They also work closely with Native Americans whose history is intricately intertwined with that of the buffalo/bison, as we all know.

• rickmac37 , 00
    April 22, 2019 6:45 p.m.

I stopped eating their hamburgs yrs ago and switched to their mc chicken love them a little spicy but great for me. Should try them

• "Hakuna Matata" Vernal, UT
    April 22, 2019 1:47 p.m.

Add the MacBison quarter pounder to the menu. LOL!

Check with Ted Turner on his ranch in Montana where he owns the largest herd in the country and I understand that he serve Bison meat in his own restaurant chain in the general area.

• Bountiful Guy Bountiful, UT
    April 22, 2019 11:22 a.m.

I won't miss them at all. I haven't eaten at McDonalds in over 30 years and I am still alive, likely healthier. To each his own.

• Mazate365 Phoenix, AZ
    April 22, 2019 10:29 a.m.

The real question is why can’t McDonalds call their hamburgers hamburgers instead of sandwiches?

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    April 22, 2019 10:00 a.m.

Thank you for the photo! I think that this is the first picture I've ever seen of a Quarter Pounder that actually and honestly represents what the burger really looks like when you unwrap it. Not sparkly charcoal grilly, crispy juicy delicious like in the ads, but sort of gray and rubbery looking, with some melted cheese on top. Do you know the ones that actually sort of DO look like the ones in the ads when they serve them to you. In and Out baby. In and Out.

• NeifyT Salt Lake City, UT
    April 22, 2019 9:41 a.m.

"Robert Derrington, a senior restaurant analyst at the Telsey Advisory Group, told USA Today that McDonald’s added non-frozen meat in its Quarter Pounders recently."

Hmm, does this mean that they will eventually allow me to order a Big Mac (or other hamburger) in the morning. I have been burned before by McDonalds; going there before 2:00 p.m. and being told that they only serve breakfast. That a hamburger would take too long to make because they have to thaw out the meet (from frozen); and they don't do that until after 2:00 p.m.

Kind of turned me off to McDonalds; when they won't serve their main product for half their opened hours. That would be like going to Starbucks and being told you can't get a cup of coffee after 4:00 p.m. because they do't want to keep anyone awake at night.

And, yet, ironically enough; can get breakfast all hours of the day at McDonalds, just not hamburgers.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    April 22, 2019 7:59 a.m.

Not impressed with McD's fresh burger either.

How can a 'fresh' McD burger taste so awful to what I can make at home with real 80/20 ground beef?

"Where's the Beef?"

• Capsaicin Salt Lake City, UT
    April 22, 2019 4:32 a.m.

Mcdonalds used to have good fries...until they switched to whatever horrible "healthy" fry oil they use now. It's beyond gross.