American Airlines flight attendant spills a drink on the airline's CEO, has basically the worst day ever

• EmmanuelGoldstein1984 Salt Lake City, UT
    April 11, 2019 6:04 p.m.

@ Brave Sir Robin:
    Somehow, since it's been around for more than a century, human flight no longer seems like such a "miracle"!
    And where did I say anything about reclining seats?? My gripe is about how commercial flight continues to deteriorate in general -- simply to further enrich corporate executives and investors at the expense of ordinary citizens.

• Impartial7 DRAPER, UT
    April 11, 2019 3:17 p.m.

@EmmanuelGoldstein1984 - Salt Lake City, UT
    April 11, 2019 1:55 p.m.
    He responded well, more credit to him.
    But why was he sitting in first class in the first place? A really good CEO would sit in coach along with most everyone else, so as to get a real-life sense of what us ordinary peons have to put up with."

We usually agree on most things. However, I give him credit. Many CEO's and most Airline CEO's fly private. American, Delta, United, all have their own General Av jets as well as charters. I book my flights to destinations, based on listed equipment. If you don't like the platform for a certain route, you can book an different flight or even a different carrier.

• Million Riverton, UT
    April 11, 2019 3:10 p.m.

I would take a spilled drink over the way American Airlines shafted me. I was flying to Richmond on a Saturday morning early. Before I went to bed I checked my email and had an email that evening from American Airlines saying they cancelled the flight for no particular reason and could not get me to Richmond until Monday. After non-stop web searching (American Airlines phone lines were non-stop busy) I was able to get a late night flight Saturday night. There were no weather related issues to stop the flight.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    April 11, 2019 2:11 p.m.

@emmanuel

Ok then, don't fly. Take the train or the bus.

Honestly, I get so tired of people complaining about airlines. You're participating in the miracle of human flight - just think about that for a second.

You're sitting in a chair that's going 500 mph 6 miles off the ground, and all you can think is "but it doesn't recline far enough. Waaaaaah!"

• BlueHusky Saratoga Springs, UT
    April 11, 2019 1:57 p.m.

Lucky it was the boss. A regular first class customer would have sued the airline.

• EmmanuelGoldstein1984 Salt Lake City, UT
    April 11, 2019 1:55 p.m.

He responded well, more credit to him.

I speak from very recent personal experience, having just endured a 3-hr flight on that same airline. The coach section was so cramped I couldn't even go to the back and stretch my legs. There was only one lavatory for peons, about 18 inches wide -- smallest I've ever seen on a commercial airliner. There was no rear galley for the flight attendants and only one small folding seat. All this just so that same CEO and his fellow executives can make even more millions than they would otherwise.

• lost in DC West Jordan, UT
    April 11, 2019 11:37 a.m.

Despite being hit with beer, I’m glad he could “keep his shirt on”.

• Impartial7 DRAPER, UT
    April 11, 2019 11:32 a.m.

@2 bits - Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 11, 2019 10:46 a.m.
    Stuff happens... we all know that. Even CEOs know that."

That's casting a wide net. A lot of CEO's are egotistical tyrants. I can just imagine if this same scenario happened on another airlines. Like Trump Shuttle.

• 2 bits Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 11, 2019 10:46 a.m.

Stuff happens... we all know that. Even CEOs know that.

I don't know why she would expect her CEO to act any different than any other passenger. Seems to be a pretty cool guy.

I think he knew she didn't do it on purpose and that accidents happen.

• Flashback Kearns, UT
    April 11, 2019 10:35 a.m.

Excellent.

• Boyd in Provo , 00
    April 11, 2019 8:58 a.m.

What a story and what a boss!