New theory says 'When Calls the Heart' could kill off Lori Loughlin's character Abigail Stanton

• Klaus2012 Rexburg, ID
    April 2, 2019 9:02 a.m.

I do not watch this show. However, it is time to move on. Denying someone gainful employment is not a way to punish. If she is found guilty, fine her. It is time for all of us to move onto the next issue on Morality Mountain. (Not my term...although it does alliterate nicely.)

• senior mom Tyler, TX
    March 30, 2019 7:02 p.m.

I say let her stay with the series. I have always loved her and yes what she did was not right or legal, one might look at especially the men that have done worse and gone on with their career. I am sure that she is humiliated and sorry for what she has done. The Hallmark Channel is my favorite channel to watch because I enjoy the clean movies that they show.

• egr_riv Ogden, UT
    March 30, 2019 4:38 p.m.

I personally feel that what she did has nothing to do with the show she plays a big part on the show and removing her would be an injustice to the show.
    I understand what was done was wrong but I also understand that as a parent you would do anything to help your children go further in life she acted as any other would...the difference is she has money to do it with and people like you and me dont sometimes our children are just as talented and smart as those with money but because we dont have it our children lose out just as many of us have....I wasnt born with a silver spoon nor the means to have it I came from a culture that looked down at me as a women that said education didnt matter because I had to have babies and marry....and I still have dreams at my age but like then no means to fulfill them.....I think her humiliation is enough why take away from the show I love her role and wouldnt like to see her lose it from a women who has lost alot...2 sons and a daughter who has been legally missing for 15 yrs and who doesnt have a nickel in her pocket to rub..
    I say leave her on the show!!

• Mamahopp9600 Dixon, IL
    March 30, 2019 10:21 a.m.

Kill her off. She was a character that wasn’t in the books and was only supposed to be in one episode. The story was always about Jack and Elizabeth. Their love story. This show should have ended with their wedding. It’s boring now. Only way to save it now is to bring Dan Lissing back. #bringjackback #missinglissing #savewcth

• Puckerup South Zanesville, OH
    March 30, 2019 10:03 a.m.

Hallmark has a way of teaching life lessons and encouraging people to right.
    Based on that premise, Abagail should have run away during the night after receiving news that her past was catching up and too embarrassed and afraid to let the town find out.
    She can leave a note for Elizabeth, asking her to cate for her adopted son.
    Use this awful reality as a true teaching moment for the audience.
    The Sheriff would receive word of her fate, tha t she'd been caught and would face a future that would never allow her to return to the Valley.
    Write this into the story and let's get The Valley back on air. 😉
    Sincerely Daniel Jones

• SurpriseCat Surprise, AZ
    March 30, 2019 6:27 a.m.

Hi Glory,

The universities were not shut down, but then again, the universities themselves didn't take the money. Specific people at the universities did. And yes, a large number of them have been fired (already; even without a trial) and even more will be. As for Ms. Loughlin and Ms. Huffman, well, when you do something wrong, there are consequences. In both cases, they've earned millions of dollars, so I'll save my compassion for those who are truly in need.

• Glorybusa Caldwell, TX
    March 29, 2019 7:38 p.m.

I feel that before Halmark removes Lori that they should get some fan feed back. I think a lot of people believe in forgiveness and would welcome her to stay. I dont feel she should be removed for this. Yes it was wrong, but it was also wrong for the College or University to take the money also. What will we do, shut down the Colleges or Universities that have or will take money illegally?? Lori and her husband are not the only 2 people that have ever done this. If all the actors were pulled from their jobs, the tv and movie business would suffer. I ask that Halmark please reconsider and let Lori stay on their Network. I really love her. She doesnt do raunchy sexy shows. She does family shows that can be watched by any age. That is one of the qualities that I personally love about her and her career. Again I ask, please let the fans vote on her fate with the Network. Dont just dismiss her completely. Thank you.

• arcticzone2 Tulare, CA
    March 29, 2019 3:47 p.m.

I love Lori Laughlin on the show and would like to see her stay... she was one of my favorites but if she has to go I would like to see her character stay even if played by someone else...just my 2 cents...thanks.

• Forgiven Greenville, KY
    March 29, 2019 1:39 p.m.

What is wrong with forgiveness! We all make mistakes! I have always enjoyed watching the Hallmark channel until recently. I'm reminded of a Bible scripture, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

• Twettylegs52 Eagle Mountain, UT
    March 29, 2019 12:34 p.m.

I agree with innocent until proven guilty.
    Also, everyone makes mistakes I thought this was a Christian channel , but there is no forgiveness or even a waiting time to find out what happens. I am very disappointed I. Hallmark !
    I think they should just cancel where the heart is , don’t want to watch it anymore .
    The garage sale mysteries were my favorite , and now because of their decision it’s gone now. Just not a hallmark fan anymore. She was tried and hung Before she got to court.

• PhoenixAZ phoenix, AZ
    March 29, 2019 12:27 p.m.

Best thing for the show is to kill her off.

• RiDal Sandy, UT
    March 29, 2019 11:34 a.m.

Lose her job ?
    Not likely.
    Did Jussie Smollett lose his job?
    She will likely be praised as a hero, and all the publicity will increase to popularity of the sho

• Weston Jurney West Jordan, UT
    March 29, 2019 9:02 a.m.

@ GentleBreeze

"Innocent until proven guilty" IN A COURT OF LAW. She cannot be fined or imprisoned by a court of law until/unless she is proven guilty. That doesn't mean that a TV channel can't make a creative decision about a performer who may have tainted her show.

• Gentlebreeze La Porte, IN
    March 29, 2019 8:03 a.m.

I believe the law states that people are "innocent until PROVEN guilty." Hallmark has done nothing but kick Laughlin out to save face. It could prove a legal nightmare should she be acquitted.

Hallmark should have run the episodes and decided what to do AFTER her guilt or innocence was determined.

Regardless, Hearties are being punished for her alleged misdeeds.

Again, Laughlin has not been convicted in a court of law by a jury of her peers, nor has she pled guilty or taken a plea deal.

We live in a day where people will believe the worst rumors of a woman while ignoring the worst FACTS about a man.

• Marjidoll Baden, PA
    March 29, 2019 6:56 a.m.

Jack is dead, Abigail is gone, sadly I think it’s time to end the show. I haven’t watched past Elizabeth and Jack’s wedding.

• JD Las Vegas, NV
    March 29, 2019 12:34 a.m.

Please, please, please let the "powers that be" on When Calls The Heart eliminate Lori Laughlin's character. We all know that Jack Wagner who plays opposite of Lori Laughlin, should be paired with the mother of his real life children and ex-wife Kristina Wagner from ABC's General Hospital. While Kristina frequented the set often in the first few seasons of When Calls The Heart, they let her fade away due to Laughlin's character being linked to Jack Wagner. Anybody who knows the Frisco-Felicia saga from many years on General Hospital, fully supports uniting these two power house individuals. The chemistry they share is golden, and they are a bona fide power couple that can easily replace Lori Laughlin in the lead role. Kristina is stunning and absolutely gorgeous, she can carry the show MAKE IT HAPPEN, please!