Utah State Aggies ready to take on hungry Washington Huskies in NCAA Tournament

• cjd1 Draper, UT
    March 23, 2019 11:43 a.m.

PAC12 basketball underrated.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    March 22, 2019 11:36 p.m.

"I can hardly wait to hear all you Utah fans excuses after the game today."

BYwhoSU:

Sad! You just may want to bag the wait.

• BYUSU , 00
    March 22, 2019 3:56 p.m.

@bemorefair
    MW ranked 15th in conferences. Where did this come from? I can hardly wait to hear all you Utah fans excuses after the game today.
    Go AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• water rocket , 00
    March 22, 2019 2:39 p.m.

I know the score before the game even starts. The title of the story says the Aggies are taking on the "hungry" Huskies. What makes you think the Aggies aren't just as hungry? Oh ya', the score before the game starts is zero to zero. The Aggies progressed by leaps and bounds over the course of the season. To top it off, they have 6 freshmen on this team (that is half of their team). These Aggies are going to be good for years to come.

• portlander Arlington, WA
    March 22, 2019 1:38 p.m.

I have never been a Washington Husky fan, unless they were playing against Oregon or the Utes. So, I certainly hope that USU puts on a great show of skill and willpower against the Dawgs for a first round win.Can they do it? Here's hoping that they can!

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    March 22, 2019 12:05 p.m.

It is amusing how some will try to judge the Aggies on how they played at the beginning of the season. This is one of the youngest teams in the NCAA whose starting line up includes 2 freshmen and a sophomore. One freshmen is having his first year in the USA. A new coach with a new system.

It is remarkable how they have progressed throughout the season as they got to know each other. Much much better team then they were a couple of months ago.

Go Big Blue!!!

• ???? Salt Lake City, UT
    March 22, 2019 12:01 p.m.

The mighty Aggies have no chance. C'mon this is a P-5 program they are taking on and it won the Conference of Champions regular season title. USU gets the good job you over achieved now get out of the way award. How long till this coach bounces?

• BYU Sports Nut Heber City, UT
    March 22, 2019 10:35 a.m.

It was super fun beating Utah State earlier in the year but I think Utah State is well deserving of their ranking, their seeding and have a great shot to advance today. Merrill is the real deal and watching him pass to Able Porter a few weeks ago for the winning shot was awesome. Best wishes to the Utah State Aggies. You were by far the most consistent team in the state this year and got better with every game. I cannot say the same for BYU or Utah.

• AlwaysAnAggie Hyrum, UT
    March 22, 2019 10:22 a.m.

@bemorefair-Too bad no other team from Utah got the chance to dance around as their name was called. If this article is a fair evaluation, it should be a great game, sounds like both teams are evenally matched. The thing I like about the NCAA playoff is it is a great measuring stick for where you team is. How my Ags going to match up against one of the few quality PAC 12 teams?I think they will be fine, both teams are regular season champs, both lost a few games they should have won, both won some games they should have lost. To those posters whose team did not make either the NIT or NCAA your negative drivel has no effect on the enthusiasm generated by having your team in the NCAA playoffs.

• bemorefair , 00
    March 22, 2019 10:00 a.m.

@Den Den

I hate to break this to you, but the MWC is a cream puff. They are ranked as the 15th best conference. To give you perspective, the WCC was ranked 8th, .003 points behind the PAC-12. (Actually, the WCC had a better head-to-head record against the PAC-12 this year.)

I mean, even BYU beat USU this year. Ouch.

I'm sorry that no one respects the Mountain West conference, but it's a reputation that has been earned, unfortunately.

Incidentally, it was funny for me to watch as USU jumped around all excited and Selection Sunday when their name was read off only to collectively groan as their opponent's name was mentioned. Too funny.

• Den Den West Jordan, UT
    March 22, 2019 8:30 a.m.

I hope they do!

I thought for sure that Nevada would show up and defeat their first round challenge and show the country that the Mountain West was a force to be dealt with for Men's Basketball.

• CV Storm Hyrum, UT
    March 22, 2019 8:08 a.m.

It will be a fun game to watch. I think my Aggies will beat those pesky huskies. It is our year, baby!

• emb Pleasant Grove, UT
    March 22, 2019 6:06 a.m.

Thrilled for Utah and Utah State University

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    March 22, 2019 4:19 a.m.

S/B a typical 8-9 matchup, going down to the wire....Hopefully, UW’s D wins out....Here’s to hoping PAC-12 sweeps their games today!

Go PAC-12!

Go Utes!

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    March 21, 2019 10:54 p.m.

Can't wait for tip-off. Aggies have flown under the radar all year. Should be a great game. Go Big Blue!!!

• cjd1 Draper, UT
    March 21, 2019 9:23 p.m.

PAC12 Washington will beat USU. Its inevitable.