Utes coach Krystkowiak believed 'something crazy' was going to happen and Parker Van Dyke delivered

• Rockarolla West Jordan, UT
    Feb. 13, 2019 5:20 p.m.

What happened was cool but it was one horrible team beating another horrible team.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 6:23 p.m.

“expecting anything less than continued ‘disdain’ was too much to hope for”

Jello Scold:

Ahh, you reap what you sew.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Feb. 11, 2019 5:10 p.m.

deductive reasoning - Arlington, VA
    Feb. 11, 2019 9:12 a.m.
    Jello

“To come back 22 points in less than 10 minutes even against a stiff is an unbelievable feat.”

True, it was an impressive comeback, even against a team that has lost 6 of its last 8.

------------------

Down 57-56 lates, BYU was also had an impressive comeback against a team that lost 8 of its last 11.

In fact BYU squeaked out a 3 point win the first time they played Pacific.

• Jello is Good ,
    Feb. 11, 2019 4:59 p.m.

Ahh, Saint John,

I guess expecting anything less than continued”disdain” was too much to hope for. Obviously our conversations are too much for you and it can’t just be for entertainment. And so I bid you farewell and wish you the best in life. Keep that closet BYU infatuation going.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 4:42 p.m.

"the difference is this is entertainment for me. For you, a disease that gnaws at you and permeates every part of your life"

jelly:

Nah. For it to be a disease, I'd have to use multiple screen names, obsessively call out every BYU-P fan that posts on a Utah story--while posting on every BYU-P story, pontificate with pop psychology, and generally act holier-than-thou.

No, I'll leave that stuff to My Rash is Red, Squirtle, Fear the Turtle, etc.

• Jello is Good ,
    Feb. 11, 2019 3:48 p.m.

@Johnni

“Admit it, 54-10 and 8-in-a-row got to you.”

Not a bit my friend. You see, the difference is this is entertainment for me. For you, a disease that gnaws at you and permeates every part of your life. The church is still true my friend. And what happens on Sunday mornings between those four brick walls is eternally more important than anything that happens Saturdays between the lines. Discipleship is a far greater goal than the National Championship.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 3:02 p.m.

"And you did say "disdain" which sounds like hate to me"

Jello:

And, so did you ("never felt disdain or anger other than that one time"). For me, it's more than one time.

Admit it, 54-10 and 8-in-a-row got to you.

• Jello is Good ,
    Feb. 11, 2019 2:00 p.m.

@JohnInSLC

"I'm curious, what is the source of this disdain?"

"Nice deflection.

Funny you mentioned your disdain for Coach K. The other side of the coin exemplifies why I don't like (didn't say hate) most BYU-P athletics and fans.

Coach Rose's handing of Nick Emery, then and now, is typical. That Emery was reinstated, despite NCAA sanctions that left a stain on the school sponsored by my church. Add to that the hubris that BYU-P took into their talks with the Big12, and the way the athletic department handled the Miami Beach Brawl. These are just a few examples. Then you've got coog fans offering excuses for all this and acting like it's great for church exposure.

I'm just tired of it, and have been for a long time.

Now, what's your excuse for the constant stream of Utah shade?"

-----------

No deflection. And you did say "disdain" which sounds like hate to me. I like and am a fan of Utah as a school and their teams with the one exception mentioned. I throw shade at a very vocal and small minority of their fans and enjoy the sport. I wouldn't call it a constant stream, more like an annoying trickle.

Hey, just embrace your fandom of BYU. You'll feel better!

• Jello is Good ,
    Feb. 11, 2019 1:52 p.m.

@Wasatch Al - South Jordan, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 1:24 p.m.
    "So Utah beat UCLA. Great! And which alphabet soup school did BYU deafeat last week? LMU, SDU, PSU? See any difference?"

Yes! Both Utah and UCLA have 4 letters. right?

• Wasatch Al South Jordan, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 1:24 p.m.

• Sweater In Rafters Franklin, IN
    Feb. 11, 2019 1:11 p.m.

There are no rules to tossing insults at your rival. My thoughts however are:

1. Utah lost to BYUP in 2018. We own it. We have to take our whipping this season.

2. Utah is playing well in the PAC12. PAC12 May suck...but they may not.

3. BYUP plays in the WCC. Nationally produced stats suggest that the WCC is an easier conference to win in, than the PAC12 is.

For BYUP to make fun of Utah for rallying to beat UCLA at Pauley Pavillion, seems like a reach to me.

My thoughts

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 1:01 p.m.

"I'm curious, what is the source of this disdain?"

Take a Squirtle:

Nice deflection.

Coach Rose's handing of Nick Emery, then and now, is typical. He acts like Emery did nothing wrong, then or now. That Emery was reinstated, despite NCAA sanctions that left a stain on the school sponsored by my church, beggars belief. Add to that the hubris that BYU-P took into their initial talks with the Big12, which ended any chance of ever receiving an invite, and the shameful way the athletic department handled the Miami Beach Brawl. These are just a few examples. Then you've got coog fans offering excuses for all this and acting like it's great for church exposure.

I'm just tired of it, and have been for a long time.

Now, what's your excuse for the constant stream of Utah shade?

• Jello is Good ,
    Feb. 11, 2019 12:14 p.m.

@ Go to the John

"Hahahaha! At least I'm open about my disdain for most BYU-P athletics (not the school), and most coog fans."

I'm curious, what is the source of this disdain?

For example when I think back to Utah, the teams, (Not the focal minority of their troll fans) I can only think of one time they irritated me: Crisco canceling the game because his temper couldn't deal with the series. In 50 years of watching BYU games, many against Utah teams, I may have been disappointed in a loss, but never felt disdain or anger other than that one time. When they went to the Sugar Bowl, I hosted a party and we cheered for the win. When they were invited to the PAC, I was disappointed BYU didn't get an invite, but never felt Utah didn't deserve and earn theirs.

But you show and admit a hate and disdain for BYU's teams and their fans. Is it stil PTSD from the 70's and 80's? That was a long time ago.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 11:35 a.m.

"The difference between you and I is that I am open about following Utah."

jello-squirtle:

That's just pretextual lip-service to camoflauge your obsession with the Utes. You may follow Utah as a disguised hater, but nobody is buying that you are a fan.

"You are still in the closet with your BYU love."

• 65TossPowerTrap Salmon, ID
    Feb. 11, 2019 11:10 a.m.

So Utah lost to BYU who lost to Illinois State who lost to Belmont. Wow - Belmont must be really good.

• Jello is Good ,
    Feb. 11, 2019 11:02 a.m.

John John

The difference between you and I is that I am open about following Utah. You are still in the closet with your BYU love.

It’s just a few of the fans that irritate me. We have them too. But it’s kind of like a family reunion with your crazy uncle Bill. He might be an idiot, but you put up with it because he’s your idiot.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 10:36 a.m.

“BYU did lose to Illinois State and Belmont beat them”

red-jello:

Good to know at least one coog fan here knows his team’s history before posting snark on Utah’s win. I would expect no less from one with an avid, passive-aggressive ‘support’ of the Utes.

• 65TossPowerTrap Salmon, ID
    Feb. 11, 2019 9:35 a.m.

I'm calling my shot right here - Eric Musselman - the soon-to-be new coach of UCLA.

• deductive reasoning Arlington, VA
    Feb. 11, 2019 9:12 a.m.

Jello

• Jello is Good ,
    Feb. 11, 2019 8:57 a.m.

@JohnInSLC - Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 6:13 a.m.
    "Utah now joins powerhouse basketball programs Belmont and Liberty in defeated the Bruins."

"curtacoog:

Which is much better than losing to a team that Belmont also defeated."

---------------

Good research Johnny. BYU did lose to Illinois State and Belmont beat them. I would expect nothing less from such an avid BYU supporter.

Seriously though, anybody throwing shade at Utah's comeback has never played above the rec league level. To come back 22 points in less than 10 minutes even against a stiff is an unbelievable feat. Utah has talent, they just lack consistency. Keep in mind you can make a 22 point comeback unless you get down by 22 to begin with. Good win.

• 65TossPowerTrap Salmon, ID
    Feb. 11, 2019 8:37 a.m.

Is Utah that good or is UCLA that bad? Either way, that is a great win for the Utes.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 6:13 a.m.

curtacoog:

Which is much better than losing to a team that Belmont also defeated.

• Million Riverton, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 5:27 a.m.

Even my relatives who don't ever watch sports were talking about the comeback and the last shot for the win.

• Curtaco Monroe, UT