Church President Russell M. Nelson writes in Arizona Republic prior to addressing State Farm Stadium crowd

• NoNamesAccepted St. George, UT
    Feb. 13, 2019 7:28 p.m.

@THEREALND: "I just didn't expect it to come in the form of an opinion piece in the Arizona Republic."

Turns out the same people who rejected John the Baptist for being too austere turned around and rejected Jesus for not being strict enough as they saw him eating with publicans and sinners. Jesus himself called out these people and made clear that those who want to reject the truth will always find a reason, and feel no need to be consistent in what reason they give today vs what reason they gave yesterday.

Is there anything at all amis with a well written, humble, and clear witness of the Savior and invitation to come closer to Him being printed in a newspaper?

• CougarBlue Heber City, UT
    Feb. 11, 2019 8:30 a.m.

This wonderful Prophet is certainly not standing still and challenging us to step up to the plate. As I read the article I could feel his spirit and words touch my heart. When he was sustained I saw the tears in his eyes. What a blessing he is to us.

I have been alive during the tenure of 12 Prophets. Each one special. Each one for our time.

Time to turn off the TV, turn of the phone and move forward in every aspect of our lives.

• 1covey Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 10, 2019 7:59 p.m.

@ Orson 'to stand with him, yes. To keep up with him - now, that's the challenge.

• OC Fan Orange County, CA
    Feb. 10, 2019 4:36 p.m.

George of the Jungle:

I don't know what you're referring to or trying to express, but I'd welcome an explanation of your comment.

Jesus who is written about in the New Testament moved around a bit, so whether He's referred to by his birthplace or the place where he spent his formative years or the place where he was crucified, died, and resurrected, it doesn't matter if He is accepted as our Savior, Jesus the Christ.

• george of the jungle goshen, UT
    Feb. 10, 2019 2:48 p.m.

When most than one person has the same neme, the place where the specific person is from would identify Him, Jesus of Nazareth. Not the Jesus of Jerusalem. Two different people.

• THEREALND Mishawaka, IN
    Feb. 10, 2019 2:01 p.m.

@Orson- "It is a powerful yet humbling thing to see the senior apostle of God on earth act in his sacred calling to stand before mankind and invite them to come unto Jesus, to leave hopeless secularism, and to be saved in the kingdom of God."

I agree completely. I just didn't expect it to come in the form of an opinion piece in the Arizona Republic.

• Orson Woods Cross, UT
    Feb. 10, 2019 9:24 a.m.

It is a powerful yet humbling thing to see the senior apostle of God on earth act in his sacred calling to stand before mankind and invite them to come unto Jesus, to leave hopeless secularism, and to be saved in the kingdom of God. I am proud to stand with him and be a member of the Church they preside over.