Are 2 church fires in St. George connected?

• BlueHusky Saratoga Springs, UT
    Feb. 9, 2019 1:40 p.m.

A compulsive arsonist likes to watch fires. Period.

This guy seems to have something against religion. Or at least a hater of someone else's religion.

• Ranch Here, UT
    Feb. 9, 2019 11:09 a.m.

Whoever started the fires, I hope they're caught soon.

• Fullypresent Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 8, 2019 8:01 p.m.

Whatever people's beliefs they should be respectful of other people's right to worship and to have houses of worship. Hope they catch whoever started these fires.

• bikeboy Boise, ID
    Feb. 8, 2019 4:40 p.m.

DogsBarking: You are right! And by "a stretch," I certainly didn't mean the notion is preposterous, and I'll be interested to see what other facts emerge. The experts can determine if a "propellant" was used in either or both, etc., etc. Arson can be anything from a very deliberate motivated action... or punk kids playing with fire. (I speak from experience on that second scenario... thankfully my antics many years ago didn't result in property damage, by some stroke of luck.)

It would be nice to live in a world where somebody isn't out there deliberately burning houses of worship!

• DogsBarking Utah/outside of Utah, UT
    Feb. 8, 2019 2:12 p.m.

@bikeboy You honestly feel it’s a stretch to see a connection because one is inside and one outside? A fire is a fire to a pyromaniac. It’s a matter of opportunity and where they can get in to start it without being seen. Being during the same month, both at churches in the same area is beyond coincidence but suspicious.

• bikeboy Boise, ID
    Feb. 8, 2019 12:51 p.m.

Vanceone, the "Episcobal" [sic] fire happened a couple weeks before the LDS fire, according to the article. And based on the details (the Episcopal fire originating inside, near the "pulpit and podium," the LDS fire outside), to me it seems a bit of a stretch that they may be connected.

In any case, I can confidently declare that "Democrat party officials" are almost certainly not involved! (I'm FAR from being a Democrat, but to make such a partisan statement is just as reprehensible as suggesting that Republican officials are responsible for some nut-case shooting up an abortion clinic.)

• FightingbigC Houston, Texas
    Feb. 8, 2019 12:49 p.m.

Wow, the comments.

• bamafone Salem, UT
    Feb. 8, 2019 11:39 a.m.

Whoever is is, it’s time for you to get nervous, because they will eventually get you.