Police arrest 5 in weekend Fashion Place mall shooting

Those suspected of firing the weapons still at large, police say

• morpunkt Glendora, CA
    Jan. 19, 2019 8:40 a.m.

This seems ironic to me. The reason being is that there have been so many people who I know, who have moved-out of my area to this area, in order get away from this type of crime activity.
    I think I will stay put.
    On a per capita basis, I doubt L.A. County is any worse. Or am I wrong?

• DarthMaul Vernal, UT
    Jan. 18, 2019 7:31 p.m.

A normal unaware Citizen doesn't usually take time to read more about gangs or the Crime Report Index so maybe it might be a great idea to do an article on the latest movements and FYI on gangs in Utah.

• Chessermesser West Valley City, UT
    Jan. 18, 2019 5:33 p.m.

Gangs are organized crime. If there isn’t a law about it being a felony to belong to violent gang, there should be. Each such gang wear tattoos showing their membership. If you wear it, you should go to prison.

It is interesting that there are no old gang members. There are reasons and they all point to the stupidity of being in violent gangs.

• DN Subscriber Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Jan. 18, 2019 2:53 p.m.

How ling have these people lived in Utah? Is this a problem with gang members being recruited in our communities, or are they coming here from somewhere else?

What are their prior criminal histories?

To fix the problem you have to find out what it is. It may be more anti-gang programs in our schools, or it may be securing the border, but we won't know unless we find all the facts.

• Fitness Freak Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 18, 2019 1:26 p.m.

Since this is a "news" story, the DN might have identified how many convictions they already had, or even, possibly, their immigration status.

However I think we all know the answers even if the DN WON'T say!

• Fullypresent Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 18, 2019 1:31 p.m.

These are the people no one needs in our country.

• Zidane Palm Coast, FL
    Jan. 18, 2019 12:36 p.m.

Bad hombre.

• water rocket , 00
    Jan. 18, 2019 11:59 a.m.

Someone made the comment that it is time for more action than just having each city fighting gang violence in their communities. I agree, it is time for a state wide task force to coordinate efforts to stop gang activity, including preemptive work to discourage gang involvement in the first place.