Hardnett provides big lift off bench for BYU in road win over Pacific; Cougars set to visit Saint Mary's

• payara OREM, UT
    Jan. 5, 2019 4:33 p.m.

Rose just needs to retire. Loaded with 4 star recruits, he under coaches, has for many years since the Jimmer years. Time for Pope to lead.

BYU will be lucky to place 4th in the WCC and will not hit 20 wins

• Six Corona, CA
    Jan. 5, 2019 3:17 p.m.

I found the new starting 5 very capable on defense and played with intensity and passion. Perhaps it was because of the added height. It was exhilarating to see so many three point shots completed along with rebounds, passing, and a real team effort on defense during much of the first half. But for some inexplicable reason that initial chemistry began to falter. Hardnett coming off the bench seem to reignite the effort and commitment. Hopefully the team can sustain their success tonight playing St Marys. Go Cougars and make your free throws please!!

• Tudedude Heber City, UT
    Jan. 5, 2019 2:16 p.m.

I love to read the comments on the BYU boards. Some of my Ute brethren love to go out and try to stir the pot but it really doesn't work. It is good for basketball in Utah to have strong local teams. BYU is a local team and is loaded with 4 star athletes. It is time for them to come together, play as a team, nail some threes and take the WCC. They have had the talent in the past to do so but have underachieved.
    As for Utah... Well, go Utes. That is really all I can say about it.

• BlueCoug Provo, UT
    Jan. 5, 2019 2:12 p.m.

Real Ute - Dallas, TX
    Jan. 5, 2019 9:29 a.m.

See mirror for disaster in the making.

• Eastern CO Coug Elizabeth, CO
    Jan. 5, 2019 12:31 p.m.

Got to like Mr. Haw's comments- we had two 3 loss streaks and responded well each time sort of thing. Says it all for this team.

• gridlockisbetter Enterprise, UT
    Jan. 5, 2019 11:15 a.m.

Thanks for the love, Real Ute. We're cheering for U too. LOL

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Jan. 5, 2019 10:30 a.m.

“I think I'll enjoy where BYU finishes in the WCC this season. They are a "true" disaster in the making.”

Speaking of disasters, I couldn’t care less where Utah finishes in the PAthetiC-12 this season.

• Sanefan Wellsville, UT
    Jan. 5, 2019 10:23 a.m.

Instead of "benching" Hardnett, perhaps Holmoe should "bench" Rose. Permanently! Rose obviously lacks the passion to be a HC, He's just hanging on and dragging the program down with him.

• Real Ute Dallas, TX