BYU grad and former NASA engineer goes viral for creating a glitter bomb to catch Amazon package thieves

• bachelors of science Brigham City, UT
    Dec. 20, 2018 1:04 p.m.

Awesome video and great engineering.

I wish the cops had the ability to catch these kinds of thieves.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Dec. 18, 2018 10:59 p.m.

This is awesome! I would love to see him add an exploding ink pack like the banks use in bundles of money. Something that would stain the skin, preferably the face, of the thief, making it easier to catch them

• Y Ask Y Provo, UT
    Dec. 18, 2018 9:21 p.m.

I hate bad people. Good revenge engineering here!

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 18, 2018 9:07 p.m.

Great idea and very impressive execution.

I hope the police are able to do with this evidence what they failed to do with only the porch video.

It would be **TERRIFIC** if there were a followup YouTube showing the mug shots and IDs of the perps.

• bluesman503 Riverton, UT
    Dec. 18, 2018 7:42 p.m.

I love it. The only change I would make is adding itch powder and tear gas to the glitter. He should also post the id's of any perps he can accurately identify along with their addresses.

• Leester utah, UT
    Dec. 18, 2018 6:52 p.m.

As fun as this is it's called vandalism and assault. there is case law supporting these charges for these types of activities. Not a good idea.

• Chris Miasnik Bluffdale, UT
    Dec. 18, 2018 5:00 p.m.

Fantastic! Genius.

• Palmetto Bug Columbia, SC
    Dec. 18, 2018 4:05 p.m.

I love Rober's videos and this was his best yet.

Even though this was an expensive project he'll no doubt recoup the physical costs with all the youtube views (~14m at the time of this comment). And the time spent working on the project would be rewarded with every thief's reaction caught on film. I just wish he included another dozen people caught on tape.

• Impartial7 DRAPER, UT
    Dec. 18, 2018 1:40 p.m.

I saw that video yesterday. The guy's got 4 phones uploading to a cloud in his device. It's probably a $2,500 gizmo. Very well engineered, very well built, but expensive to replace if a thief runs it over or throws it in a river or out of a tall building. Pretty creative though. Not sure the videos are legit.