Utah Jazz fall to Magic in first-ever regular season game in Mexico City behind ‘unacceptable’ fourth quarter

• ed Los Olivos, CA
    Dec. 17, 2018 3:34 p.m.

The entire league has abandoned offense rebounds, as a price to getting back on defense. It is no secret. All the coaches are doing it.

• Quietwalker , 00
    Dec. 16, 2018 5:17 p.m.

The business of rebounding continues to befuddle me! Shot goes up and every one runs the other way! Stop the fast break is now a rather well worn joke! Rebounding on the defense is a team and effort proposition! This is becoming rather an ingrained problem! Make layups !

• rhodger Cedar City, UT
    Dec. 16, 2018 3:27 p.m.

I don't know that any quarter of that game was acceptable. It's that old Jekyll and Hyde thing again.

• No Longer a Fan Evans, GA
    Dec. 16, 2018 3:05 a.m.

I have missed watching many games this year, but what I've noticed this year is a lack of AGGRESSIVE rebounding.
    I've not kept any sort of stats, but it seems to me that there is no effort 65-70% of the times we (Jazz) take a shot 10' or more from the basket.
    I wonder if a reporter might ask Quin if that translates to "thinking" the shot will be made at that percentage rate.
    I know spacing is very important to increasing the chances of a made shot, but as one that remembers the game as a "non-contact sport" with THE best athletes (overall) in the world, I find myself dismayed by the lack of energy expended by our guys for the potential offensive rebound when a shot is taken.
    I wonder ........ "how far down the priority list is offensive rebounding?"

• 69pontiac Mountain View, WY
    Dec. 16, 2018 1:07 a.m.

Had to listen to the game today on the radio. From I heard was The jazz had so many many shots. They just weren't going down.

Pratice should be only shoot arounds. They were getting the wide open shots.????? Are they really suffering from bad shooters . Weird?

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    Dec. 15, 2018 11:58 p.m.

Got gassed in the middle of the third and stopped playing d throughout the 4th.

• Oh Really? Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 15, 2018 11:38 p.m.

I Jazz needed a short, volume-shooting 2-guard that doesn’t play defense, why didn’t they just sign Jimmer?

• Newlin Sandy, UT
    Dec. 15, 2018 9:46 p.m.

If I want to see shooting this bad, I can just go over to my local stake center on Thursday nights and watch it for free.

If you didn’t notice, Derrick, the Magic were playing at the same altitude as you. And I suppose the 41+ “conditioning” games the Jazz play every year at 4200 feet don’t help against a team that plays the same number of games at sea level...