Should Santa be 'rebranded' as a female? New survey reveals how Americans would change Santa Claus

• Kings Court Alpine, UT
    Dec. 20, 2018 3:53 p.m.

It sure seems like a lot of to do about nothing, especially since Santa Claus isn't even real and especially since this is only a survey. To take matters further, Santa was female in my house growing up. The role of Santa was played by mom putting presents under the tree on Christmas Eve while us little ones were sleeping.

• RedShirtUofU Andoria, UT
    Dec. 20, 2018 2:04 p.m.

I am still trying to figure out how you make Santa gender neutral.

• Seldom Seen Smith Orcutt, CA
    Dec. 17, 2018 9:12 p.m.

Our country has no cultural norms, no glue to hold it together, America is disintegrating.

• No One Of Consequence West Jordan, UT
    Dec. 17, 2018 5:41 p.m.

Some people are determined to create social chaos.

• cjb Bountiful, UT
    Dec. 17, 2018 3:00 p.m.

Would she have a beard?

Having the beard makes it rather difficult.

• AzPete Mesa, AZ
    Dec. 17, 2018 2:58 p.m.

If the bearded lady at the circus were to consider a career change . . . . . . . ?

• robin138 springfield, VA
    Dec. 17, 2018 1:39 p.m.

• NeifyT Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 15, 2018 10:51 a.m.

Santa is already female; and Santa is also male. Most people no longer believe in Santa... but that is because they do not know Santa.

I am a 42 year old man, and I believe in Santa. How could I not believe in Santa, because I am Santa, to pretend Santa doesn't exist would be to disbelieving in myself. I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am. And I would be willing to bet anyone reading my words here is Santa as well.

Santa is not just one person; but rather Santa is a symbol of gift giving as a language of love. If you have ever given a gift to someone as a sign of your love, you are Santa. St. Nick's love in this case being agape (not eros--we can leave eros for St. Valentine).

• NeifyT Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 15, 2018 10:48 a.m.

• eigerjoe Sandy, UT
    Dec. 15, 2018 8:53 a.m.

Liberal PC gone completely insane! Please give us a break!

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    Dec. 15, 2018 8:48 a.m.

What would it have been like to live in a time when nearly everyone was so occupied with providing a modest, even drafty and old, home, food for the family, help for those in need and a bit of Christmas cheer, that folks didn't have time to worry about gender changes? They also didn't have time and energy to want to change anything that seem quite politically correct. I think our whole political and social view (as presented by the media) is on such a serious tilt, we may all fall off.

• Flat foot , 00
    Dec. 15, 2018 5:52 a.m.

First it was Christmas Trees -"rebranded" to "Holiday Tree" - this years wailing is over a 1940's song "Baby it's cold outside" and the cherry on top is now targeting Santa.

Get over it people - leave things alone!

• David Centerville, UT
    Dec. 15, 2018 12:04 a.m.

Oh my...

• Pugman Tremonton, UT
    Dec. 14, 2018 8:19 p.m.

Knock it off.

• majmajor Layton, UT
    Dec. 14, 2018 6:55 p.m.

Depends on how one rates the presents...

Well... Grandmas, and Moms usually provide most of the presents (if one counts clothes....)

But the really cool presents come from GRANDPAs!

• worf McAllen, TX
    Dec. 14, 2018 6:35 p.m.

Who comes up with these things?

• Kaladin Northern, CO