Gordon Hayward mercilessly booed in return to Utah as Jazz cruise to win over Boston Celtics

• Wasatch Al South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 1:21 p.m.

Is Boston’s $30 million per year investment in Hayward paying off? Not yet and maybe never.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 12:02 p.m.

Let it go! Let it go!

Not worth the effort. It doesn't change anything!

• Oh Really? Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 11:35 a.m.

Hayward knew where he was going long before the season ended. He could’ve told the Jazz so, ala Paul George, and the Jazz could’ve gotten some value. I don’t begrudge him going where he wanted to go, I begrudge Hayward being disingenuous. I also believe Stevens colluded with him.

• rhodger Cedar City, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 11:25 a.m.

Hayward had it coming, but I had hoped that the fans at the house would have a little more class.

• Old ball coach Sandy, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 10:59 a.m.

Not a huge Jazz fan, but from what I have seen the Jazz are better without said ex-Jazz man.

Look, Jazz fans are very loyal. Ex-Jazz man was loyal to former coach and money.

Every Jazz fan paid top dollar to attend last nights game, which gives the right to boo said ex-Jazz man.

Ex-Jazz man is an adult, and a professional. Ex-Jazz man shlould be able to handle the pressure, which I am sure after the introduction....didn’t bother him all night.

Don’t feel bad about how ex-Jazz man feels today... he is where he wants to be!

Fight on!

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    Nov. 10, 2018 10:33 a.m.

@boring guy
    “Hayward had the boos coming, and if he can't handle it, he should find another line of work -- perhaps chess or cricket”

I tend to think Mr. Hayward can handle his line of work. But how about the part where the ESPN announcers pointed out that his families safety had been threatened (1st quarter of the game)? You cool with that part as well? Little kids and such? If so, maybe Being a Jazz fan is a little bit too “personal” and “emotional” for you.

• Utahkoke South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 10:31 a.m.

Is not about that he wanted to play for Boston. It is the way he did, he was classless.
    I'm glad he is gone.
    We have A TEAM, he is just an individual, a classless player.

• BoringGuy Holladay, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 9:58 a.m.

@xert

Sorry, but sports fandom is very personal and emotional. Fans should get mad when a player waits to announce several days into the free agency period leaving their team high and dry to find a replacement.

Hayward had the boos coming, and if he can't handle it, he should find another line of work -- perhaps chess or cricket.

• EightOhOne St. George, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 9:35 a.m.

Waaaahhhh!! Someone made a decision for themselves, rather than do what I want them to do, waaaaahhhh!!!

• BoringGuy Holladay, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 9:33 a.m.

@ConradGurch

Yes, he wanted to play for his college coach. But more so, he wanted to stick it to the Jazz and the State of Utah.

He showed this when he delayed his announcement and didn't even call Gail.

• loyal-tothe-royal Panguitch, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 9:32 a.m.

Heaven forbid that a man changes jobs for a better salary and move locations, completely unheard of and uncalled for. How dare you Gordon Hayward aspire to go for a better opportunity, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. I'll bet you regret leaving behind such a beautiful fan base.

• BoringGuy Holladay, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 9:31 a.m.

Gordon Hayward's a narcissist who took pleasure in damaging the Jazz by waiting several days into the free agency period. He wanted to leave a trail of tears and destruction behind.

But his worst offense of all, he didn't bother to give Gail a courtesy call.

Wow. Just wow.

• JBs Logan, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 9:22 a.m.

He's a good young man who didn't owe us anything. Booing is classless. Winning was the way to do it. Congrats, Jazz!

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    Nov. 10, 2018 9:13 a.m.

The ESPN announcers pointed out that Hayward has really only been upset by some threats of harm made to his family. If you want to be counted among that crowd, Mr. and Ms. Diehard Jazz fan—be my guest. I’ve been watching the Jazz since the John Bagley-Danny Shayes years, but hearing that was the only time I’ve ever been ashamed to be a Jazz fan. I wish Gordon nothing but the best in coming back from his injury and I do not feel that his leaving is any of my business, or a slap in the face to me or any other fan—in any way. To think that there are grown adults out there who are encouraging their kids and grandkids to behave this way is kind of pathetic. Proud of the Jazz last night. Ashamed of many in the crowd at the same time.

• ConradGurch Salt Lake City, Utah
    Nov. 10, 2018 8:40 a.m.

Jazz fans need to grow up and have some class. So he wanted to play for his college coach, big deal.

• There You Go Again St George, UT
    Nov. 10, 2018 8:36 a.m.

Gordon Who?

From hero to zero.

From role model to just another money grubbing professional basketball player.

C'est la vie.

• AZJazzFan Gold Canyon, az
    Nov. 10, 2018 1:57 a.m.

Great Jazz win over Boston and that guy. Amazing to think he was paid millions each year for 7 years, had the keys to the city, he was the most popular guy in town, and now he is just one of the many guys sharing a small piece of the big spotlight in Boston. To the 14 year old girl: you may care about him, but he can care less about you. Go Jazz!