President Eyring paints to capture memories of his wife, who is in failing health

• observator east of the snake river, ID
    Nov. 14, 2018 7:39 a.m.

" I love his one titled "Campfire at Sunset" It's very pretty and I love the connection made in that talk."

Not to knock your experience or the painting, but "Sunset" was painted by Elder Richard G. Scott, not Pres. Eyring. Elder Gong brought it up during his talk when he talked about his experience painting with Elder Scott some years ago. "Sunset" is an oil, whereas Eyring's paintings are all watercolors.

• Josephshumway20 Elwood, UT
    Nov. 9, 2018 5:12 p.m.

I love this story! His watercolors are awesome. I didn't even know President Eyring water colored until this past general conference. I love his one titled "Campfire at Sunset" It's very pretty and I love the connection made in that talk. Our faith in our Heavenly Father and in His Only Begotten Son can be our campfire that keeps us warm and gives us light during our dark nights. It reminds us that Christ is constant with us "through our darkest hour, stronger than our weakness" as Jenny Phillips puts it in her song "Blessed Be His Name" I am so grateful for our Savior!

• hbeckett Colfax, CA
    Nov. 9, 2018 9:56 a.m.

this exhibit would be exciting to really see to be an artist and put your thoughts down in print I do not have that gift of creation thank you President iring we love you

• 1Reader Alpine, UT
    Nov. 8, 2018 8:50 p.m.

That's beautiful! What an inspiring person.

• Elsleuith Eagle Mountain, UT
    Nov. 8, 2018 5:49 p.m.

President Eyring, you are an inspiration. I love the idea of a visual journal.

• shamrock Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2018 3:49 p.m.

Water color is a challenging medium and President Eyring's work is really impressive.

• Thomas Thompson Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2018 2:00 p.m.

These watercolors are simply beautiful and quite competently painted. I wonder what sort of training in art Elder Eyring has? He's certainly very, very talented. One would hope that some of these might be for sale . . . but I'm guessing not.

• Golden Rules Okay, OK
    Nov. 8, 2018 11:37 a.m.

These men are so blessed to receive so much support and love from the church membership as they face the challenges of life.

• marxist Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2018 10:52 a.m.

This is a wonderful and inspiring thing. Dealing with the failing health of a spouse with dignity is a challenge many of us face. Thanks for this.