Donny and Marie Osmond to call it quits in 2019

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    Nov. 1, 2018 3:50 p.m.

You know....nobody is perfect no matter what they do in life. The Osmonds have had many great years...they are fantastic and good, down-to-earth people. They are not perfect as we are not perfect and I don't believe they deserve to be talked down to. I would love to go to one of their shows but have been unable to do that. You go Osmonds...I think you are the very best!!!!!

• Tumbleweed Centerville, UT
    Nov. 1, 2018 3:41 p.m.

At age 60 w/ millions of net worth, maybe they want to take some time to enjoy their kids and grandkids. Nothing wrong with that.

• Enough is enough! Saint George, UT
    Oct. 29, 2018 6:17 p.m.

@Go Big Blue. I'm sorry to hear you've had that experience, since the D & M show is amazing. Perhaps if you contacted the hotel they might be able to provide some complimentary tickets for you, especially if you had proof of the cancellations. Go Aggies!

@Weston Jurney. I was going to respond to your rude comments with rude comments, but after reading @top of the world, I feel he/she said it best. Why do you have to downgrade some very good performers when they aren't on your play list? I would't pay to see Moody Blues but don't want to trash talk them.

• top of the world ,
    Oct. 29, 2018 4:45 p.m.

My wife and I and our daughter and her husband attended their show a year ago. We will try to go again before they end their engagement. It's just a great evening to listen to talented singers who don't feel the need to throw out a lot of political bias or foul language.

There are other talented performers who offer up fine performances throughout the year in Las Vegas. Moody Blues would be a terrific evening. They offer up a unique twist to soul music and they are talented...and how! They have a long list of hits, three of which would be "Nights in White Satin", "Emily's Song" and "I'm Just A Singer In a Rock and Roll Band". They began way back in 1964, which was a year or two after Donnie's career began at five years old. And yes, I would certainly walk across the street to hear Moody Blues perform.

I would never demean the excellence and outstanding careers of Donnie and Marie, any more than I would toward Moody Blues. Or Celine. Or any other of the talented artists of our day.

We all have tastes in music that are peculiar to ourselves. Stretch and try to enjoy each of them, even while we zero in on our favorites.

Thanks for the article, DN.

• Red Smith American Fork, UT
    Oct. 28, 2018 9:09 a.m.

Donny and Marie had a lot of fun, did a lot of good, and made the world a better place.

Thank you, Donny and Marie.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 27, 2018 8:54 a.m.

Two different years I bought tickets for their show and booked a flight and room to take my wife to see Donny and Marie for my wife's birthday. Both times the show was cancelled just before the show. I will be glad when the run is over so that I don't feel guilty about not trying to take my wife to their show ever again.

• utah cornhusker Norfolk, NE
    Oct. 26, 2018 10:16 p.m.

I wouldn’t see them as their tickets are so expensive. I saw Marie in Iowa several years ago and she put on a wonderful concert. Only thing bad about it was that there were thunderstorms in progress. She did a great job.

• Ronnie W. Layton, UT
    Oct. 26, 2018 5:05 p.m.

@Weston Jurney

Thanks for taking the time to comment on a duo you "apparently" don't care about it.

• Rogue4 Hagerstown, MD
    Oct. 26, 2018 12:36 p.m.

A class act. I've enjoyed them on TV in the 70's. Marie is my age so it's about time to retire.

• Weston Jurney West Jordan, UT
    Oct. 26, 2018 11:43 a.m.

I recently drove all the way to Vegas to see the Moody Blues. For Donny and Marie I wouldn't walk across the street.