Police: Man punched, shoved teen girls dressed as zombies promoting dance production

• Impartial7 DRAPER, UT
    Oct. 22, 2018 1:39 p.m.

Forget the slap on the wrist penalties. Put him in a cell for 24 hours. With the Dads of the girls that he assaulted.

• hbeckett Colfax, CA
    Oct. 22, 2018 11:10 a.m.

when he recovers from seeing real zombies in jail maybe he will know what appropriate behavior really is

• The Great Helmsman Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 22, 2018 10:43 a.m.

AZ Blue & Red - Gilbert, AZ:

"What lessons did he just teach his daughter?"

I know what lesson he taught her. And so does everyone else reading this article.

• AZ Blue & Red Gilbert, AZ
    Oct. 22, 2018 10:24 a.m.

I can see being annoyed and telling them to back off or get lost. Even if he shoved one to get out of the way (not acceptable) he then physically hurt them which is way beyond acceptable. Then he proceeded to assault not just the one but went after all 5.

What lessons did he just teach his daughter? Based on the fact that he went after all 5 girls says more than just being annoyed. And I agree that even if scary these zombies would not be very large zombies. This guy has issues.

Huge fine, some jail time and I sure hope his employer is taking note. Would not what this guy working for me or with me.

• The Great Helmsman Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 22, 2018 9:54 a.m.

RiDal - Sandy, UT:

I do agree with you that when someone wears a mask you do not know who it is. But the 13 year old girls I know are barely 5'4" and only weigh 100 pounds soaking wet. You cannot convince me anyone that size poses a threat to a grown man.

Try again to justify this unwarranted assault.

• RiDal Sandy, UT
    Oct. 22, 2018 7:34 a.m.

When someone in a Zombie mask jumps out at you, how do you know it is just a teenage girl ?
    I think the lesson here should be that you should be very wary of trying to "scare" strangers because you think it is all in good fun. Some people are simply not in the mood to be scared, and they have a right to walk public places unmolested.

• Chessermesser West Valley City, UT
    Oct. 22, 2018 4:50 a.m.

Physical violence in public must indicate other troubling issues. If he does not apologize to the girls and show major contrition then charge him with multiple Class A assaults and give him a little jail time to improve his interaction with the public.

• cjb Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 11:45 p.m.

This is why society has jails.

We don't think about jails much, but when used correctly they enhance the quality of life.

• Leester utah, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 9:42 p.m.

The article doesn't mention whether or not the zombies touched (assaulted) his daughter and that caused him to defend her.

• I M LDS 2 Provo, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 8:43 p.m.

Lock him up!

• shamrock Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 5:06 p.m.

Nothing says "tough guy" like punching out a bunch of little girls.

• Irowco Henderson, NV
    Oct. 21, 2018 1:10 p.m.

Wow! Unless he believed they were REAL zombies (in which case, this person would have other troubling issues), I have a difficult time believing that this person truly believed he was in a dangerous and threatening situation.

It seems more believable that he overacted to a situation in which he felt annoyed, in which case he certainly would not be justified in taking such a violent response.