Utah football: Four-star quarterback recruit Jayden Daniels talks Utah visit, 'It is a different vibe, but I like it.'

• Not Much of a Fan Irvine, CA
    Oct. 22, 2018 12:54 a.m.

Did the visit soften Puka Nacua's verbal commitment to SC?

• Rightasrain Heber City, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 6:42 p.m.

I would simply ask young Daniels, do you want to be cool or do you want to be a Ute?

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 6:26 p.m.

Can't really take these guys' comments after the OV too seriously. They all say the same thing..."it was great, I really like the other players and coaches, great atmosphere, blah blah blah". He's going to say all the right things, but the experts are putting Utah on their CBs...that's what you watch (it's not a hundred percent, but usually pretty good indicator of where a kid is leaning).

Great game for Utah, and JD got to see Utah's offense finally clicking with a DT QB currently at QB1. Barring any unforeseen issues or problems, I'd be surprised if JD isn't all red when he signs his LOI.

• top of the world ,
    Oct. 21, 2018 6:05 p.m.

Co Ute is right on, from my perspective. The rest of the way isn't a cake walk, but win the rest of the regular season games and the future looks very, very bright for the Utes.

In the mean time, I'm working on all the magic I can muster for my Cougs to upset the wagon during the final game. Certainly not likely, but I can dream with the best of them. Problem is, it could likely turn out to be a nightmare.

• Clinton Ute , KY
    Oct. 21, 2018 3:15 p.m.

Well being at the game you could tell Jayden and the other recruits were loving the game. They even showed him and Aaron Lowe (current commit) and other recruits up in the stands cheering and throwing up the U hand sign. That game was one of the most electric games I've been to in years, definitely had a positive impact on these kids in my opinion.

Go Utes!!!

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 12:37 p.m.

"A trio of NFL scouts were on hand to watch the Utes and the Trojans, including Chris McGaha with the Indianapolis Colts, Terry Wooden with the New Orleans Saints and Shepley Heard with the Atlanta Falcons." and "There were also representatives from two bowls on hand, including John Chalker (Holiday Bowl), Bill Coon and Bernie Olivas (Sun Bowl)."

Surprised it was so few scouts. Coach Whit recently said there were a record number of scouts watch one of the Ute's recent practices. (I believe the number was just under 20!)

Don't know if they were there primarily to watch Utah or USC; however, it really doesn't matter. With the Ute's showing I can guess which team's players they were watching the most. And this is just one of the advantages of playing in a P-5 conference.

If Utah defeats Oregon at RES in 3 weeks watch for more impressive bowls to be in attendance. Utes, make it happen!

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Oct. 21, 2018 11:50 a.m.

“Daniel's comment has me worried. If he commits somewhere else, losing Tuttle will be even more catastrophic.”

I came away w/the opposite impression.....JD palpably enjoyed himself & was obviously impressed.

CB currently has us favored to land him.

Go Utes!

• Stringer Bell Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 11:13 a.m.

CentralCoastUte: "Daniel's comment has me worried...."

Reading the biased headline, I was too. After reading it in context, not so much. We'll see.

• redfeather Palo Alto, CA
    Oct. 21, 2018 10:57 a.m.

Not much excitement in Daniel’s comment; I wouldn’t put much stock in him coming to Utah until he actually signs an LOI.

• 10CC Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 10:40 a.m.

Hey Jayden Daniels - you saw the atmosphere at Utah. We sell out games, players come from all over America to be part of this solid-and-rising program.

If current juniors Tyler Huntley, Zach Moss and Demari Simpkins are the "Hallendale Trio" from Miami, why not join Ute commit WR Darren Jones and bring RB/WR Daniel Fortune with you from high school to form the "Cajon Trio"?

You've experienced the family vibe that extends throughout the fans, you saw how that impacts results on the field. Make the Cajon Trio a reality!

• CentralcoastUte San luis obispo , CA
    Oct. 21, 2018 9:21 a.m.

• 81Ute Central, UT
    Oct. 21, 2018 9:00 a.m.

@CO Ute

The reality of Nov. 24 has finally settled in.

• at long last. . . Kirksville , MO
    Oct. 21, 2018 7:32 a.m.

If this domination of USC didn't impress the recruits visiting, I don't know what will. . .

• CO Ute Chandler, AZ
    Oct. 20, 2018 10:39 p.m.

Go Utes!

Had Utah lost, the comments would be overflowing but not much chatter from those predicting a loss.

Get focused for a quick trip to LA and hopefully a win over UCLA. Utes control their own destiny in the South but have to win 3 on the road and beat the Ducks at home. Going to be a rough patch with little room for error.