Gloriana Tilleman-Dick: Behold, the First Millennial

• CMTM , 00
    Oct. 3, 2018 10:00 a.m.

2. Think critically Christ was educated. He had a deep knowledge and respect of scripture and the history contained therein. E.g..,

Jesus “before Abraham was born, I=(*ego eimi)= am!” at this, they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus was hidden and went out of the temple area.…(John 8:58-59) The Jews understood that Jesus was making himself equal to God and wanted to stone him for blasphemy. "An early rock party."

God said to Moses, "I *AM WHO* I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"(Ex 3:14).

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word(Jesus) was God.John 1:1

• LidB Aurora, CO
    Oct. 3, 2018 4:31 a.m.

Wonderful! I think we have a lot of trouble grasping the truth that Jesus was a person and specifically for the purpose of being able to set this example. This simple breakdown puts him into perspective as the perfect exemplar.

• RedStateLady Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 2, 2018 7:45 p.m.

Love this. Beautifully articulated, meaningful counsel for millennials, and everyone else, too. I would add: seek and share truth.

• CorbanTD Denver, CO
    Oct. 2, 2018 7:16 p.m.

This is terrific. I wish more people could come back to these basic truths of who Christ was and how He lived. Thanks

• lsbingham Rawlins, WY
    Oct. 2, 2018 1:59 p.m.

There seems to be an enormous amount of youth that worry about being labeled as a millennial, which in my estimation is extremely secondary to being labeled as a child of God. It worries me that so many of us take an interest in what labels the world has for us when the one and only concern we should have is that we are and should be labeled what we truly are Children of God.
    If we are living the gospel the best we can, showing the concern for our relationship to Christ, all other things should not matter.
    No matter which generation we were born in the only label we should concern ourselves with is are we a follower of Christ, trying to find and learn his will for our lives. It is too easy to be caught up in what the world thinks then struggle to put away those childish things and concentrate on what really matters. If we are open and totally honest in our efforts to communicate across the generations of those we interact with then we will see individuals for what they truly are and invite them to share thoughts, feelings, fears and concerns that we might come to an understanding of the real truths for which we are striving to learn, know, and live.

• Gildas LOGAN, UT
    Oct. 2, 2018 12:30 p.m.

I've been around quite a while and have heard of Jesus Christ described as a hippy and other things he was not. This is a little different but I must say we don't know anything about his "education" and I would say that he obviously read the scriptures and conversed with angels such as Moses and Elijah. Someone, I assume, taught him to read, but maybe, like Nephi, it was his father. Anyhow he didn't promote any of the wisdom of men in his own time but rejected it.

He loved everyone; heaven even wept over the fall of Lucifer, but the Man did not avoid rebuking the wicked to be at peace with everyone; he drove the money changers out of the temple twice, and he called the respected scribes and pharisees "Hypocrites!" delineating their sins without disguise, which is a part why they hated him and sought to kill him.