Video: Chris Pratt says 'nothing fills my soul more than' to talk about religion and faith

• GingerMarshall Brooklyn, OH
    Sept. 21, 2018 12:39 p.m.

@Observer3: "There is no evidence that deity does not exist."

Why stop at one deity? I have solid, active, ongoing relationships with several deities in the Celtic pantheon, the Tuatha DÈ Danann. I also acknowledge several from other pantheons, and I have friends who honor gods and goddesses from all around the world.

Why stop at one? Reality is much richer than black-and-white, there is an infinite rainbow!

Meanwhile, Chris Pratt is amusing, but he plays the same character in every movie and show. I prefer range in actors.

• Observer3 Chandler, AZ
    Sept. 20, 2018 9:03 p.m.

Yes, really. Please cite the evidence that deity does not exist. It seems to me it requires a great deal more faith to believe in no Higher Power than to believe in nothing. Even Trey Parker of South Park agrees with that statement.

• The Atheist Provo, UT
    Sept. 20, 2018 8:49 p.m.

"There is no evidence that deity does not exist."

Really? Do logic and reason have no place at all in the believing mind? Is faith still so irrational and absurd?

• NoNamesAccepted St. George, UT
    Sept. 20, 2018 8:45 p.m.

The first couple of spite filled comments remind me of the old saw:

"How do you know who the atheist in the room is?"

"Don't worry, he'll tell you."

That is not a compliment to the social decorum of the anti-theists who mistakenly call themselves "a-theists".

If a guy felt compelled to speak about good health, or ending sexual assault, or even social justice, it would be simple enough to either ignore, or to agree or disagree in civil terms. Take a knee during the pledge or National Anthem to protest injustice or police brutality or racism or who knows what else, and some will stridently defend against all criticism, going so far as to claim that any criticism of the message is, in fact, an UnAmerican assault on free speech.

But these same folks feel compelled, compelled, to use derogatory terms like "superstitions" or "crazy beliefs" to describe what others hold peacefully sacred. Others imply that a failed marriage renders a man unqualified to speak of God or his relationship with God.

These same folks will harp constantly on the incivility of Pres. Trump.

Trump is certainly a boor. But some anti-religious posters are every bit as bad in their smaller ponds.

Congrats.

• Observer3 Chandler, AZ
    Sept. 20, 2018 8:18 p.m.

No evidence of deity actually existing? There is no evidence that deity does not exist. All things denote the existence of a Creator.

• yankees27 Heber, Utah
    Sept. 20, 2018 5:08 p.m.

Airnaut- judge much?
    Since you quoted a mormon leader, are you possibly suggesting that those of that faith don't fail in the home? I'm sure they're as fallible as the rest of us.

• Thomas Jefferson Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 20, 2018 2:18 p.m.

I think Chris Pratt is one of the most humorously creative people out there right now. You can watch the outtakes from Parks and Recreation for some serious belly laughs.
    OTOH I think he is simply wrong to believe in a deity for which there is no evidence of actually existing.
    Lucky for me I dont have to hate him for having crazy beliefs. I get to love what he does and disagree with his superstitions.

• airnaut Everett, WA
    Sept. 20, 2018 1:54 p.m.

Perhaps Mr. Pratt should have spent more time talking with his (ex) wife and son.

[No other success can compensate for failure in the home ~ Pres. David O McKay]