Two Ute defensive players ejected for targeting in loss to Washington

• london_josh Lincoln, CA
    Sept. 16, 2018 10:59 p.m.

"Next man up"

Awesome saying - and appropriate on defense where everybody seems good.

On offense Utah has a RB, WR and QB who account for nearly everything, Utah doesn't have the ability to say "next man up".

Wish they did, they don't.

• rhodger Cedar City, UT
    Sept. 16, 2018 12:07 p.m.

This targeting rule needs some work.

• JimmyDeester West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 16, 2018 9:07 a.m.

Juice box

This probably is the best team the hill has ever fielded.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Sept. 16, 2018 7:27 a.m.

MOSS HAMPERED: Zack Moss ran the ball just 13 times for 67 yards, but Whittingham said he wasn’t at full strength because of a sore ankle.

“We’re trying to get the most out of him that we can with what he has to give,” he said. “But he’s still not ready.”

------------

Next man up, use Shyne. I rather see him carry the ball than Huntley with the read-option.

Huntley was touted as being much improved over fall camp. So far he looks incapable of running the offense. I haven't seen anything to suggest he can beat Washington State or Stanford on the road.

• Rockarolla West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 16, 2018 1:10 a.m.

The Utes played pretty good defense tonight. The offense was awful. As far as the targeting, the first call was a no brainer, the second one was a tough call. I think that the rules are going a little too far.
    One last thing. I think that Britton Covey needs to hang it up. He's really going to get hurt. I know that it is his choice to play but I am really worried for him. He's just too small and slightly built. I hope I'm wrong but I think he's headed for disaster.

• Juice Box Eureka, UT
    Sept. 15, 2018 11:29 p.m.

I thought this was going to be one of the best football teams that Utah has ever fielded? And how last year was a rebuilding year for this year?

What an absolute joke of an offense I have witnessed so far this season. They are going to get slaughtered this year.

Whittingham needs to go, his teams go nowhere.