Original 'Studio C' cast members announce their new project: 'You couldn’t escape us if you tried'

• axle Riverton, UT
    Sept. 14, 2018 7:39 a.m.

These guys needed to move on. They are getting a little old to be continually relevant to the college age audience that studio c seemed to target. Hope they are able to branch out and cater to a wider audience with the new content.

• Real Ute Dallas, TX
    Sept. 13, 2018 4:18 p.m.

Studio C is pointlessly goofy, certainly not funny or entertaining.

• loveryan Gorst, WA
    Sept. 12, 2018 10:50 p.m.

I expected a sitcom, and I think they could pull it off. My biggest fear was that they would try to dump the whole cast in one show's first season and not give time for us to get to know a few main characters. Hopefully with the other network projects they will have stuff for everyone to do that doesn't involve bloating a single sitcom.

It seems like 5 to 10 minute web series don't last that many episodes. I would like to see them push one show to the 20 minute mark.

Anyway interesting news. I'll check it out and hope they do well.

• junkgeek Agua Dulce, TX
    Sept. 12, 2018 7:47 p.m.

Pretty sure I'll be able to escape them, without trying too hard.

• UtahPaul Pleasant Grove, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 7:49 p.m.

I hope it works out.
    My children are the ones who got me watching Studio C. I like less than half the episodes, but the ones I like, I love. I even forward the links to other people.
    As soon as I told my children about the change, they said, "I guess we won't watch any more." :(
    That said, I hope the new shows are easy to find and the have the same creativity and variety of the original Studio C. We have come to love the characters, creativity and personalities of the original cast. My wish is that we are wrong with our pessimism and we will come to anticipate and watch whatever the new product is.

• I M LDS 2 Provo, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 6:52 p.m.

I always found their comedy to be barely mildly amusing, about on the level of the skits we did in scouts.

I think professionals should be at the next level. Here's hoping!

• MJH2 St. George, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 5:46 p.m.

I made an account just so I could comment on this!!! Whooooooooop!!!!! Can't wait!!

• Bria Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 4:42 p.m.

I am so excited for your new show, guy's! I just can't wait. I also agree with bassoonlady about the contest for the general public. I think that would be fantastic! Also, quick, random question, what are your guy's favorite books? I need new reading suggestions. Hope you can get back to me. Break a leg!

• Bria Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 4:39 p.m.

I am so super excited! I think you guys should do what bassoonlady recommended, with the contest for the general public. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! Also, seeing you guys live in Provo with my cousin and Young Women camp director was the twilight of my summer! You guys are going to do so well!😁

• rogerdpack Orem, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 3:35 p.m.

They should do a full version of that one movie trailer they did :)

• bassoonlady OREM, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 3:29 p.m.

I for one think the sitcoms are a great idea. For me, one of the things studio c struggled with most was when to end the joke, continuing the story past the end of the joke, but that shouldn't be as much of a problem in a sitcom style setting. I also hope for less screaming.

Another idea for them, should they keep doing sketch comedy as well:
    have a contest for the general public to write funny sketches. The show gets to keep and use any material submitted (giving credit to the author of course), and the winner gets to have lunch with the cast, or be in a sketch, or something like that.

• VegasJazzFan ,
    Sept. 12, 2018 2:07 p.m.

Looking forward to good, family-friendly entertainment. Who knows, maybe they will eventually get bought out by Apple and get their big payday!

• jthomas27 Forest Park, IL
    Sept. 12, 2018 12:17 p.m.

Can't wait to see what they bring us! No doubt it'll be amazing!

• Another Thought... ,
    Sept. 12, 2018 12:07 p.m.

I certainly hope that Scott Sterling makes an appearance. There are so many sports left for him to master.

• Hsteph Minneapolis, MN
    Sept. 12, 2018 11:38 a.m.

Excited to see all the new content!

• Hsteph Minneapolis, MN
    Sept. 12, 2018 11:36 a.m.

Can’t wait to see the new content!

• baerman Draper, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 11:14 a.m.

Studio C is wonderful! We sat down with our whole family on Monday night to watch the premiere and it was so nice to have "appointment TV" again that everyone in the family can enjoy.

Excited for more from JK! Studios.

My guess is the team saw more of the "upside" by starting their own network than if they stayed with BYUTV. Good for them for leaving on good terms and for going out to capture that exposure and upside.

And I think Studio C will continue to be great. I like what I see from the new actors there and excited to see even more talent and even more family friendly content!

• Johnny Triumph Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 10:53 a.m.

JK will need to bring more than we saw on Studio C, that content got stale at the end. Here's hoping they have more to give!

• Vanceone Provo, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 10:39 a.m.

If I may: Studio C did a "ER: vet division" or something that looked really, really hysterical. I wish you guys would do that as an actual show. Watching a camel stalking Mallory, I think it was, was gut-busting.

• Amberjoy23 Provo, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 10:16 a.m.

So excited for their new shows!!!

• Adam Berg Provo, UT
    Sept. 12, 2018 10:01 a.m.

So excited for everyone to see our JK! Studios shows! :]