Should you go into debt for a new iPhone? Yes, according to 28 million Americans

• Thomas Jefferson Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 11, 2018 3:11 p.m.

While I find it foolish to go into debt for anything other than a home, I do think that 'choose between iphone and healthcare' was one of the most idiotic things chaffetzz ever said.

• Ranch Here, UT
    Sept. 11, 2018 11:31 a.m.

No, according to RanchHand; I can think of 1000's of better users for one's money.

• GingerMarshall Brooklyn, OH
    Sept. 11, 2018 10:51 a.m.

While I am not sure about going into debt, I do know that my iPhone, with Blue Tooth Keyboard and apps like Pages and Numbers and Documents and Evernote has completely replaced by home computer.

I used my computer for taxes, and have not turned it on since.

So spending money for memory and portability and usability on a iPhone saves me money by not needing a less convenient computer.

I get why they are doing it, and for some it makes sense. A cheap $100 "smart phone" doesn't offer the usability that I need.

• NoNamesAccepted St. George, UT
    Sept. 11, 2018 9:02 a.m.

I wonder how many of these 28 million Americans "can't afford" healthcare, or complain about the high cost of housing?

Going into debt for a cell phone? smh

• shamrock Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 11, 2018 8:48 a.m.

This just goes to show that millions of Americans are clueless about how to manage their money. You can buy a perfectly adequate smart phone for under $100. Going into debt for an iPhone is incontrovertibly foolish, a great way to end up eating PB&J for dinner every night during your golden years.

• RiDal Sandy, UT
    Sept. 11, 2018 7:58 a.m.

"In total, the study found 187 million Americans trusted Google and Apple with their personal data over the government."
    Naivete' is a blissful existence, until stuff happens that you don't like. Then, you can blame "the Russians".