Morning links: Watch the Saints score with Taysom Hill lined up as QB; soft-spoken Star Lotulelei ready to 'just do my job' with Buffalo Bills

• Vanceone Provo, UT
    Sept. 11, 2018 1:45 p.m.

Ute pain, Ute agony, Ute Anguish.

Ute Misery. All because of the school they claim they don't care at all about. But they are obsessive with it.

I mean, Weber State is a nice school, pretty good sports team. Most people in the State don't care for them, and comments on Weber State articles and usually by fans of Weber State. That's what not caring about a team is like... not bitter, angry, obsessive "fans" of Utah that can only post on BYU articles.

• NORCALUTE Modesto, CA
    Sept. 11, 2018 10:41 a.m.

wow...how exciting watching and reading about Tysom Hill handing the ball to some guy...wow...just keep these incredible intellectual articles coming DN. - News Flash...nobody watches the NFL anymore.

• Maximus Meridius Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 11, 2018 8:40 a.m.

Taysom handing off is more exciting than Smith passing for touchdowns. Keep the articles coming.

• london_josh Lincoln, CA
    Sept. 10, 2018 7:35 p.m.

" I sure hope we don't get updates on every single play that Hill has on offense throughout his career."

Why do you read the articles?

For example I am completely indifferent about the RSL team - so I don't comment on it's articles talking about how I'm indifferent.

Also, when you read an article you don't like DNews sees views - and that tells them to keep on writing.

• wyoming cougar Green River, WY
    Sept. 10, 2018 6:36 p.m.

Love the angst!

Here's a thought- if you don't want to hear about Taysom or other BYU players, then don't click on the articles. My daughter and I had the opportunity to meet Taysom at a doctor's office following his surgery for his Lis Franc and my daughter's foot surgery. He was extremely nice and cordial to her, asking about her surgery, her future plans for college (she was a high school senior at the time), etc. We love reading about his successes, along with his challenges and disappointments, and we wish him well.

Thanks Deseret News- Keep the information coming (as we don't watch the NFL).

• SoonerUte Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 10, 2018 5:46 p.m.

Congratulations to Alex Smith who handed the ball to a guy that scored a touchdown.
    That's on top of throwing 2 touchdown passes as well.

• CO Ute Chandler, AZ
    Sept. 10, 2018 12:45 p.m.

Posted twice in the pre season that Hill would make the roster as a utility player and emergency QB. Also predicted they would develop a wildcat package for him. While I doubt he will ever be a starting QB, the kid is a super athlete and is a legitimate NFL player. If the Saints could turn him into a TE he would be very hard to defend.

For the record, not all U fans are anti Hill or anti Jimmer, but many of us recognize their skill set AND their limitations.

• ArizonaUte SLC, UT
    Sept. 10, 2018 11:57 a.m.

@Sports Nutz - Smithfield, UT

You can count on every single play Taysom is in on, being cataloged and reported on. Both special teams tackles last yr. (yes, two special teams tackles) were the subject of their own article last yr.

• Sports Nutz Smithfield, UT
    Sept. 10, 2018 11:30 a.m.

london,

I am pretty sure that is exactly what the Saints were looking for. The Bucs were probably not too worried about Brees running a slant into the endzone. I sure hope we don't get updates on every single play that Hill has on offense throughout his career.

• london_josh Lincoln, CA
    Sept. 10, 2018 10:05 a.m.

Drew as a WR with Taysom behind center - that's a bit hard to defend, handing off to the rb isn't the option that they likely looked for.

Star - smile dude. My mom bought me some church sweaters that caused the same expression on me as a kid.