Bench Tyler Huntley? Utah fans react on Twitter to Utes' rough first half against Northern Illinois

• UU Provo, UT
    Sept. 9, 2018 7:32 p.m.

UteinIdaho,

Huntley had 19 rushes for -9 yards.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Sept. 9, 2018 4:27 p.m.

@london_josh

Utah has amazing special teams and a top defense.

Punt on 1st or 2nd, pin them back and fight with your defense.

I honestly think Utah might actually score more points that way.

----

A BYU "fan" mocking Utah's offense?

Maybe BYU should try your advise, I honestly think BYU can win 5 games if they do.

• at long last. . . Kirksville , MO
    Sept. 9, 2018 2:20 p.m.

Boris- PAC 12 overrated? Compared to what? Perhaps a tds that hasn't done well at all against the PAC 12? I think Nebraska and Michigan state were chanting that earlier on Saturday. How did your team do against a weaker team in the PAC 12 last night?

• UteinIdaho Sandpoint, ID
    Sept. 9, 2018 1:15 p.m.

I imagine all the fans upset about the read option and Huntley running the ball so much are old school fans that want the McBride style power run offense back. I could not disagree with you fans more. The read option offense is highly effective, if it's run right. The way to run it right is to have the QB keep it a decent amount of times.

I am perfectly fine with, and encourage Huntley to utilize his running ability. What I find discouraging is the fact that, this far, he looks no better than last year with his passing ability. Probably worse thus far.

I also don't get the play calling last night. The offense never got in a groove, especially Moss, because the play calling was so sporadic.

As for benching Huntley, as a guy that's been a huge fan of him, I get why fans would like a look at Shelley. He has a ton of potential, and Huntley has been disappointing thus far. It's natural for fans to want to get a look at the intriguing backup. It's not gonna happen though.

Lastly, what is the deal with the O line??!???? Atrocious.

• UteinIdaho Sandpoint, ID
    Sept. 9, 2018 1:14 p.m.

Lastly, what is the deal with the O line??!???? Atrocious.

• london_josh Lincoln, CA
    Sept. 9, 2018 1:04 p.m.

Utah has amazing special teams and a top defense.

Punt on 1st or 2nd, pin them back and fight with your defense.

I honestly think Utah might actually score more points that way.

• soulkracker Kansas City, MO
    Sept. 9, 2018 9:23 a.m.

One of the problems is our expectations after Coach Whitt and Troy Taylor gushed all spring and fall camp about how more mature, physically stronger, better mechanics, better decision making etc etc that Hundley possessed. I really do like the Man, no doubt, but to be honest, about the same as last year. It's a big difference from practice field to game play. The offensive line play is horrendous, and not helping his cause. I imagine improvement is in the cards as it would be hard to watch more of this. The defense however is lights out! Go Utes!

• UU Provo, UT
    Sept. 9, 2018 7:42 a.m.

Why is Huntley running the ball 19 times?

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Sept. 9, 2018 12:27 a.m.

Utah won't bench Huntley and he will continue to carry the ball way too much. Lip service on taking less hits is mindless babble.

Last year I took heavy criticism to start the season when I said Utah would be better with Williams.

I don't see growth as a player with Huntley but the O-line has to get much better. Today was a joke.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Sept. 8, 2018 11:57 p.m.

No need to bech Huntley, but he can't get 19 carries when Moss has only 16.

Moss had 41 yards in the first, 2nd quarter he had two carries.

Hope Moss is healthy, we need a big game from him next week.

• UteMiguel Go Utes, CA
    Sept. 8, 2018 10:59 p.m.

20-31 for 286 yards and no interceptions. Not awesome but not that bad. The problem was he was sacked 6 times and had a bunch of other carries for virtually no gain. Need to abandon read option and go to power run.

• southpaw 2 Kaysville, UT
    Sept. 8, 2018 9:40 p.m.

I'm feeling that we are no better than last year in the QB decision making. Lets try Shelley and see if it is any better. Tuttle could use a little opportunity also. Things haven't changed from last year.

• Mr. Boris Layton, UT