Letter: How about some actual representation?

• HaHaHaHa Othello, WA
    Aug. 13, 2018 12:06 p.m.

Speaking of moving...I hear the air and water is great in China, Brazil, Mexico, India, and about a dozen other countries. And they will likely be far more eager to have you come in and impose your "good" ideas and good will on them, then anywhere in landlocked Utah.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Aug. 12, 2018 9:15 a.m.

Talking to a politician reminds me of an old twangy country song lyric..."If you've got the money, honey, I've got the time..."
    I know it's cynical to think so but I believe moneyed interests have pretty much pushed you and I to the periphery of politics. The port will be built, the jail will be built, the health care system eroded. Someone with money wants it that way.

• embarrassed Utahn! Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 1:59 p.m.

Spot-on letter! There are many of us who are disgusted, but unfortunately lock – step voting seems 100% inevitable. Party over clean air and everything else.

• one old man Ogden, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 1:24 p.m.

If the hundreds of thousands of Utahns who don't vote because they think their vote wouldn't count, I have a question.

What might happen if you DID get out and vote?

I'll bet that if you would, we could hand the power players a YUGE surprise. We could actually make changes for the better.

• Roland Kayser Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 9:04 a.m.

Our legislature represents the "donor class". If you want representation, you need to pony up some large "donations".

• Happy Valley Heretic Orem, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 8:59 a.m.

Not in Utah, where your "representative" thinks he's your "father" and knows best.

• ConservativeCommonTater West Valley City, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 8:36 a.m.

"But good Republicans that we are, we will sustain in office those representatives destructive of our best interests."

"If there is a movement out there that says "no" to the inland port, sign me up."

Philip, how did you vote on the caucus issue?

If you're upset with the Republican lock on Utah politics, why do you vote for Republicans.

There is a way to change things you disagree with...VOTE! And convince your friends, relatives and neighbors that you can be a good Mormon and a Democrat...if that's in your best interests. If you just want to complain, keep voting the "R".

• Impartial7 DRAPER, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 8:10 a.m.

Nope. The Utah Republican Legislature is involved. It's a done deal, no matter what voters want.