All 10 original cast members are leaving 'Studio C'

• junkgeek Agua Dulce, TX
    Aug. 11, 2018 7:21 p.m.

Let's hope they do something more worthy than hyping Vidangel.

• 1Reader Alpine, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 6:31 p.m.

Yeah, between Divine Comedy, et al (like Comedy Sports and the old Garrins and more), there should be some talent somewhere. Or even Marco Lui from Italy.
    The massive failure here--considering that BYUtv only has a few successful programs--is that they allowed the original crew to remain static for so long. They should have been incubating a pipeline of talent continually for years, and attracting and developing new people for the cast. They are now in position of enormous risk, while they should have been building deep talent and continuity.

• Grandma Kitties Vernal, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 9:57 a.m.

Thanks cast members, for the memories. I never did watch every episode, but my Vernal grandkids did. Even my son would watch with the kids and I would have to watch, too. It has always been a good family program. My wishes for a successful future for each of you.

• ClarkGriswold Las Vegas, NV
    Aug. 10, 2018 1:31 p.m.

Studio C is horribly unfunny and painful to watch.

• Marxi$t Plymouth, NC
    Aug. 10, 2018 12:21 p.m.

Studio C was awesome, but i can see how they would be ready to move on to other projects. Divine Comedy has many talented performers, and I am sure we will see some of them in the next iteration. Part of life is moving on.

It is good to have more family-friendly media, as their new venture will likely be. Look forward to seeing it. As church members, it is vital that we support family-friendly media to help preserve a culture that is under increasing attack and censorship. It would be prudent for readers to go see "Death of a Nation" to help preserve cultural heritage, teach the children truths about the United States they won't learn about in public schools, and make sure that quality content is available in the future and safe from leftist censors.

• mominthetrenches South Jordan, UT
    Aug. 10, 2018 12:21 p.m.

Good luck to the Studio C troupe! They are fun, talented, clean and already family friendly...I, too, have wondered how long they would be sustaining the show, since they have all clearly graduated by now. Cant to see what is next for them.

• Zabilde Riverdale, UT
    Aug. 10, 2018 2:20 a.m.

A great comedy troupe, a great cast and a great show. Very rare is the sketch that just doesn't work. Clean funny sketch comedy. Proving that you don't have to go to the crass or the obscene or political to get laughs.

This crew will be missed, but looking forward to what new talent can bring us. And looking forward to one last Matt Sterling sketch!

• I M LDS 2 Provo, UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 10:43 p.m.

Family friendly comedy.

Well, the got the family-friendly part!

• water rocket Magna, UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 7:23 p.m.

I always wondered why the cast never changed, since BYU is the production venue, and BYU is a school, where students graduate, and go on to bigger and better things. so, does this mean that the cast is finally graduating? Will freshmen be allowed to try out? Will they turn to the football program for recruits, like the basketball team did a couple of years ago? Will future episodes include family skits, including marriage and children?Last, but not least, will studio C get outside of the studio for some of their episodes, and if so, will they call those episodes "Neighborhood C"?

I forgot to mention that in the beginning, they had Christopher Lloyd, a proven star, in their early productions. Will they dare bring in such actors on a guest appearance basis, or will they continue to go with lower costing "no name" actors?

• NeifyT Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 5:42 p.m.

Maybe they will get better people... or is it the programming itself that needs to be better.

I watched two episodes of "Studio C" and it was the worst acting and material I have ever seen. Even the worst episodes of (picking the closet matching TV programming I know) Carol Burnett and Friends was better than the two episodes of Studio C that I saw.

And while Carol Burnett would sometimes get quite crass... something I presume Studio C didn't do ever do; even then it was better; and I really don't dig crass programming.

• a_voice_of_reason Woods Cross, UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 3:09 p.m.

I love Studio C, I love the original cast. I look forward to seeing what both have in store!