'Eight would be great': Utes return four starters on O-line but Whitt wants four more

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 9, 2018 10:23 p.m.

“Stringer,

I could care less about the game. I'm a Utah fan.”

How much less could you care about the game?

And you’re as much a U fan as I’m a byu-p fan.

Go Utes!

• Juice Box Eureka, UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 7:52 p.m.

I'd like to believe that Brave SirRobin, but Utah has struggled mightily against a bad BYU team for 2 years in a row (with their starters). I get what you're saying, though. I understand that Utah wasn't all that great those years either, but I would expect it to be a close game.

Stringer,

I could care less about the game. I'm a Utah fan.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 1:41 p.m.

Pride goeth before the fall. It would be so hilarious to see the . . . . Utes LOSE to BYU, at home."

NoDuh95:

What's REALLY hilarious is the special kind of empty pride it takes to make such comments over and over, only to be disappointed, again and again.

• Stringer Bell Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 9:55 a.m.

Juice Box: "IF Utah can get to the PAC 12 Championship game and will have to face BYU before that, I would bet money that Whittingham would NOT play many of the key players in the game."

Further evidence that this game is of no value to Utah. It may be your "Super Bowl", but it's a State-legislated meaningless game to us.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Aug. 9, 2018 9:33 a.m.

@Juice Box

"If this scenario is true, I would think BYU has an even better chance to beat Utah this year."

If Utah is good enough to get to the PAC12 championship game, then BYU-P will have no chance at winning the game, no matter who Utah rests. Most everyone recognizes that BYU-P is likely an average or below average G5 team, and any team that is good enough to win a division of the PAC12 will be ranked in the top 15 and isn't going to lose a home game to a team like that. Sorry, that's just the truth.

• Juice Box Eureka, UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 8:56 a.m.

ND95CA,

IF Utah can get to the PAC 12 Championship game and will have to face BYU before that, I would bet money that Whittingham would NOT play many of the key players in the game. If this scenario is true, I would think BYU has an even better chance to beat Utah this year.

Why would you play key players for a rough rivalry game the week before you play for a meaningful championship game that could springboard you into a NY6 Bowl or Playoff game? That just wouldn't make sense. I would just play backups and get the depth a little more developed. Win or lose, you're going to the CCG- the game that matters.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Aug. 9, 2018 8:36 a.m.

@Y>U

"Of course with Utah, which counts spring scrimmages and wins against their own Alumni in their record..."

Oh please do explain (I can't wait to hear this)...

• byronbca Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 8, 2018 11:34 p.m.

Glad to Enis’ name popping up as a new standout. Utah desperately needs some WRs to step up, or the offense will have a rough year.

• ND95CA Lincoln Park, IL
    Aug. 8, 2018 10:30 p.m.

Simpleton

Pride goeth before the fall.

It would be so hilarious to see the newly crowned PAC South champion Utes

LOSE to BYU, at home,

on their way to their first CCG.

Impossible U say?

That’s what the fans of every overwhelming favorite say right before the impossible happens.

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 8, 2018 10:09 p.m.

Our O-Line is going to be absolutely SICK this year & it’s really quite the story about TF Daniels.....I’m also stoked about Ford!

All of these kids are cross-trained to one extent or another, particularly Ford, who was also getting a bunch of reps @ C earlier.....This is absolutely crucial!

Go Utes!

• SIMPLICITY Denver, CO
    Aug. 8, 2018 9:47 p.m.

@ U>Y

Whit does want 8 offensive linemen starters on the roster, correct.

Whit will have 8 consecutive wins in a row, correct.

Joy, happiness, sheer domination...

• Y>U Anaheim, CA
    Aug. 8, 2018 9:17 p.m.

"Utes return four starters on O-line but Whitt wants four more"

The only way Whitt is getting four more starters is to recruit former starters from bygone seasons.

anything is possible.