BYU announces future games against UNLV, North Alabama

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 11, 2018 10:49 p.m.

On the contrary, they fit U to a “T”.

You’re so obsessed with belittling BYU, that you’ve become blind to your obsession.

———

Huh?

What are you even talking about, Sunshine?

Where do people like you come from, seriously?

Go Utes!

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 11, 2018 10:35 p.m.

“U have 19 days until kickoff...focus on that and not my life history.”

Actually, so long as you continue to “belittle” my Alma Mater & prance around here w/an air of superiority, then your “life history”/faux UGA fandom [100% why you feel you can behave arrogantly] are 100% relevant, period.

And are you seriously referencing truth machine as your “back-up” support?

Bwhahahahaha

Go Utes!

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 9:50 p.m.

Azute:
    "You may have others on these threads fooled, but you don’t even remotely fool me for a second, period."

Nope. Everyone who's been on these threads has known me as "Cougsndawgs" for a very long time and unfortunately UGA hasn't been much of a "bandwagon" in most of those years (until last year the last SEC title we won was in 2005...thank heaven for Kirby).

So no, I'm not fooling "others on these threads", they just don't care. It seems only an insecure Ute fan would care that I cheer for the program of my faith, and the for the program where I lived (though I must say Ute fans that know me don't care either). I've been between the hedges, tailgated, high-fived the Spike Squad, and heard the roar of Sanford Stadium on many occasions. I'm looking forward to Sept 29th when me and my sons head down to watch the Dawgs v Vols. But while that's all very exciting to me, frankly my fan history just isn't that interesting to most people, except you apparently.

Your obsession was funny at first, but now it's tired. Time Machine sees your obsession like everyone else at this point. U have 19 days until kickoff...focus on that and not my life history.

Go Cougs! Go Dawgs! ATD!

• Truth Machine Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 8:50 a.m.

Cougsndawgs: “Honestly, your whole post speaks to obvious insecurity and obsession...and that my friend is ‘hysterical, pathetic, and priceless’.”

azute1: “Please.....Insecurity/obsession don’t even remotely describe me,...”

On the contrary, they fit U to a “T”.

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 11, 2018 7:37 a.m.

Honestly, your whole post speaks to obvious insecurity and obsession...and that my friend is "hysterical, pathetic, and priceless".

———

Please.....Insecurity/obsession don’t even remotely describe me, but they do in fact describe you to a T.

Your blatant arrogance in behaving around here w/an air of superiority merely because you’ve hopped onto the bandwagon of an up & comer, to whom you have zero connection other than living in GA for a couple of years as a kid, & act as if you’re the supreme expert on everything, as a result.....Please.

What you are in reality is a byu fan through-&-through who’s attempting to evade their obvious downward-spiral by proclaiming faux fandom of another school as a back-up plan.

Then you strutt around here making vain attempts to “belittle” us as if you’re smarter than/superior to us.....Please.

Then you stick perfectly to your MO by parroting me in concluding your ridiculous comment.

You’re obviously a rookie @ this stuff, Sunshine.

Go Utes!

p.s. How come I never see you on Sltrib’s website?

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    Aug. 11, 2018 12:25 a.m.

Utemythology:
    "...#1, September, Provo Airport celebrations say otherwise."

So we're still talking about a celebration that happened almost a decade ago? When are U folks going to move on already...but it's BYU fans that are stuck in the past right? Riiiiiight.

I'm still a little confused as to why fans showing up for their boys in the middle of the night for an impromptu pep rally after a big win is a bad thing. U act as if other fanbases never do that...they do (including Utah Jazz fans). And they're often more crazy than any celebrations at Provo Municipal.

Look just because U fans don't show up and support your team at the airport after a big upset, doesn't mean BYU fans shouldn't. It actually just calls into question your laziness or actual allegiance to your team or even both. If I were Azute, I'd ask for ID, or some pictures, or evidence that you're actually a U fan. Lol

• LonestarRunner Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 10, 2018 11:46 p.m.

utemythology

“Amusing is printing 50,000 "quest" t-shirts in August, only for your rival to accomplish your "quest" in January.”

Amusing is U thinking that BYU’s “quest” was to finish a distant 2nd in one poll.

Only a jealous Ute would whine about a few hundred fans showing up at the airport to welcome home their team that had just beaten the then #3 ranked team in the country.

Utah has never beaten a true blueblood team ranked #3 in the country on the road in September so you don’t have a clue how Utah fans would celebrate in a similar situation.

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    Aug. 10, 2018 11:04 a.m.

Azute:

Really? That whole rant and you didn't even address my point about Ute fans' hypocrisy toward BYU fans' preseason hype?

And why do you care that I cheer for and donate to a program outside the one that represents my faith? I suppose you'll be demanding "evidence" that SoonerUte is really a Sooner fan as well (and neither of his allegiances have to do with his faith...at least I assume)? I also don't "look down" on your Alma Mater. I happen to think the U is a fine institution, and runs a great program considering they're relatively new at this.

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 9, 2018 1:17 p.m.

“(3. Georgia)
    6. Washington
    14. Stanford
    17. USC
    21. Boise State
    24. Oregon"

There, I fixed it for you.”

It’s hysterical how byu fans always seem to have a back-up team [preferrably a SEC team, correct?], due to the embarrassment of their only team in reality.

This tripe about you living in GA as a kid thus making you a “die-hard” UGA fan is beyond comical.

And spare me your false bravado demanding I & everybody else recognize you as something other than a dejected byu fan who’s hopped onto the bandwagon of a more successful program.....Pathetic, really.

Hey, guess what everybody, I lived in Alabama as a kid thus making me a die-hard ‘Bama fan & therefore superior to all of you! 😂

This false bravado of yours & faux UGA fandom is precisely the sole reason you feel you can justify “looking down” upon my Alma Mater.....Hilarious.

You were neither born there nor ever set foot on their campus as a student.....If this assumption is inaccurate, then provide evidence to the contrary.....Otherwise, you’re just yet another typical byu fan, period.

Priceless.

Who’s your Daddy?

Go Utes!

p.s. Multiple other sources have us Top-25 ranked.

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    Aug. 9, 2018 9:51 a.m.

Azute:

"@Chip_Patterson’s CBS Preseason 1-129

(3. Georgia)
    6. Washington
    14. Stanford
    17. USC
    21. Boise State
    24. Oregon"

There, I fixed it for you. No one cares about anyone outside the top 25. If you're happy with 27th and want to brag about that (especially when a single game hasn't been played), than U do U man...don't let anyone put a damper on your elation my friend.

I thought you and some of your cronies (or probably just voices in your head under another screen name) said preseason hubris was strictly a "BYU-P thing". And yet here U are, beating your chest about being 27th according to one poll in the 1st week of August. Lol

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 9, 2018 12:40 a.m.

Aunty Mythology - Monrovia, CA
    Aug. 8, 2018 11:59 a.m.
    utemythology

“Your 50,000 Quest for a "championship" t-shirts in August and and we're #1, September, Provo Airport celebrations say otherwise

Your lack of understanding of the word “quest” and your distorted interpretation of a spontaneous celebration are amusing.

-----------------

No other program in the history of college football broke out in "spontaneous" celebrations after week one.

"People danced in the streets. They hugged perfect strangers. They lit off fireworks. And in general, they celebrated and celebrated and celebrated... several hundred of them showed up at the Provo Municipal Airport to welcome home the team when it landed at 1:45 in the morning."

• london_josh Lincoln, CA
    Aug. 8, 2018 3:45 p.m.

"I'll bet the folks can't wait to get their tickets to that 11/21 game to sit in the cold and watch the cougs beat (maybe?) the powerhouse from N Alabama. Good stuff!"

Home games are:

Michigan State
    Utah State (rivalry)
    Missouri
    Houston
    SDSU (rivalry)
    and Northern Alabama

Road games are:
    Utah
    ASU
    Minnesota
    Northern Illinois
    Boise
    stanford

If you have a problem with this schedule you're not a real football fan.

• Aunty Mythology Monrovia, CA
    Aug. 8, 2018 11:59 a.m.

utemythology

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 8, 2018 5:28 a.m.

TrollPolice - Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 10:31 p.m.
    azute1

“Where did I predict championships for us? That’s an exclusively BYU thing.”

Nope, that’s nothing but Utah-SLC fan folklore.

------

Your 50,000 Quest for a "championship" t-shirts in August and and we're #1, September, Provo Airport celebrations say otherwise.

• london_josh Lincoln, CA
    Aug. 8, 2018 2:43 a.m.

Articles like this separate the football fans from the trolls.

BYU has a great schedule in 2020 - wise to schedule games like these.

• TrollPolice Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 10:31 p.m.

azute1

“Where did I predict championships for us? That’s an exclusively BYU thing.”

Nope, that’s nothing but Utah-SLC fan folklore.

• UtahBruin Eagle Mountain, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 3:49 p.m.

@LoneStarRunner

Was there a point?

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 7, 2018 3:17 p.m.

“#27 Utah will be much lower
    #83 BYU will be much, much higher”

Bwhahahahaha

“enjoy your preseason division, conference and national championships...”

Where did I predict championships for us? That’s an exclusively byu-p thing.

Do we have that potential? Unequivocally, but would have to 1st navigate an absolutely BRUTAL SOS.

“that’s the closest you’ll get”

The mere fact we have a legitimate shot @ it absolutely 100% makes you byu-p fans so insecure.....Priceless.

Go Utes!

• Swoop Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 2:57 p.m.

azute1

by season’s end...

#27 Utah will be much lower
    #83 BYU will be much, much higher

enjoy your preseason division, conference and national championships...

that’s the closest you’ll get

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ

117. NM
    122. Hawaii
    123. SJSU

• LonestarRunner Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 1:06 p.m.

UtahBruin

With Tennessee, Minnesota, Michigan State, Wisconsin, USC, and Stanford on the schedule, as well as some very good G5’s, scheduling a couple of breathers like UNLV and No Alabama, won’t make one bit of difference.

• evansrichdm West Jordan, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 12:26 p.m.

I am a little late to the party, but UofU fans need to realize BYU is independent and will stay independent for the time being. I am glad since I can watch the games win or lose. Plus with the PC culture going around the high education halls it is good for BYU to be independent so other school cannot tell BYU what to do, how to run it's school and what to believe.

• UtahBruin Eagle Mountain, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 12:18 p.m.

@Chamberlain

I don't know why you are so on the defensive. Sure you have some decent schools on there. It will be great to play Tennessee, Minnesota, Michigan State, Wisconsin, USC, Stanford, etc. Probably all losses in my opinion. But if you are trying to let people know who you are which BYU is trying to do, to impress conferences, etc. You can't play UNLV, 4 winning season since 1984, Liberty, Georgia Southern *Which you might lose as well, North Alabama, etc. They just need to try and schedule tougher opponents is all.

As for Notre Dame, you can't use Ball St. which is the only school you can use on their schedule. Every other team on their schedule is a potential loss or a team who may have beaten them before. Not even a close comparison.

As for UCLA, we like everyone else is entitled to the presumed "cup cake." I wish we played others instead of UNLV also. This year we play Cincy, Oklahoma, and Fresno in our non-conf. Oklahoma is a loss most likely, Cincy is hopefully a win, and Fresno can always be a tough one. I wish it was Oklahoma, Fresno and Michigan, probably much like Utah fans wish they could fill Weber with someone else.

As for UCLA,

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Aug. 7, 2018 11:55 a.m.

Scheduling these teams make sense especially when you look at who's already on the 2020 & 2023 schedules. I have no issue with it what so ever. You have to balance your schedules and that's gotta be difficult when you are an Independent.

• Chamberlain Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 11:01 a.m.

SeattleAggie

“When we play on 10/5, I'd almost be willing to bet vegas will have the Ags as favorites in provo.”

Don’t bet the ranch on the Aggies actually winning the game; we’d hate to see you homeless with winter coming on.

• SeattleAggie Maple Valley, WA
    Aug. 7, 2018 10:25 a.m.

@FACTcheck-
    The Ags beat the cougs one time from '84-09.
    From '10-'17 the Ags beat them 3 times. So it's pretty easy to see that between the two programs it's trending in the favor of USU.

When we play on 10/5, I'd almost be willing to bet vegas will have the Ags as favorites in provo. I'm almost sure that has not happened in my lifetime. THAT will be confirmation that our places in the football world have changed. Enjoy your slide, I know I will.

• Chamberlain Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 10:07 a.m.

UtahBruin

Have you even looked at who BYU already has scheduled for 2020 and 2023?

Even the Fighting Irish include a couple of breathers on their schedule - see Ball St, which won 2 games last season and hasn’t had a winning season since 2013.

btw, UCLA also has a home-and-home scheduled with UNLV.

• UtahBruin Eagle Mountain, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 9:43 a.m.

I am not sure this is noteworthy. UNLV and North Alabama. It would have been better if it were the Nevada Wolfpack and University of Alabama Birmingham, and they had to restore their football program. Either way, this is just sad.

UNLV had just four winning seasons since 1984.
    North Alabama has had its fair share of winning seasons, but at the D2 level.

I am not a BYU fan, but I admit I root for you over Utah. But man this is not anything y'all can argue. This is terrible. You have to sit and take your lumps from Utah fans on this one. Sure it will be two wins. One of which will not count towards bowl eligibility because they are D2.

How does Holmoe ever think he is going to climb into a top tier conference, be someone to talk about in independence, or even get back into a conference with schedules like this.

A Indy Schedule needs to be put together like this........i.e Notre Dame Sched.

Michigan
    Ball State
    Vanderbilt
    Wake Forest
    Stanford
    Virginia Tech
    Pitt
    Navy
    Northwestern
    Florida State
    Syracuse
    USC

Want to play with and expect to be treated like the big boys, well, you gotta act like one. Here is to hoping. This is the only way you will attract big players.

• No playoff for U Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 9:38 a.m.

Conrad

“The difference in the two teams scheduling UNLV is the Rebels are a tune up game for Utah.”

No, the real difference is Utah fans are so totally obsessed with BYU’s schedule that they’re totally oblivious to the fact that UNLV hasn’t even scheduled a game with the Utes.

• FACTchequer Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 9:32 a.m.

SeattleAggie

“What part of 2 programs headed in opposite directions do you not understand?”

LOL at your clueless spin 🤣

Since 2005, BYU has had ONE losing season.

Since 2005, Utah St has had NINE losing seasons,

including 3-9 in 2016.

The Aggies haven’t had a winning season since 2014.

• ConradGurch Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 7, 2018 9:13 a.m.

@skywalker - Palo Alto, CA

The difference in the two teams scheduling UNLV is the Rebels are a tune up game for Utah. The UNLV game for BYU is uncertain at best.

• Just Wondering... Gilbert, AZ
    Aug. 7, 2018 9:11 a.m.

@Wallbanger:

"btw, what in the world does Utah getting shut out 0-27 by UNLV over 10 seasons ago have to do with today?"

That's probably what Crimson Tide fans are saying about a Sugar Bowl they played in 10 years ago that is not irrelevant and preceded several National Championship seasons. 2004 and 2008 have nothing to do with today.

So funny Ute fan is accusing BYU of living in the past! (BTW, this article is about the how interesting the 2020 schedule in the FUTURE will be??)

And just for good measure...how can anyone say that an MWC schedule would bring more interesting teams than what is on the Cougar's slate for 2018, 19 and now 20??

• Lone*Star Austin, TX
    Aug. 7, 2018 8:22 a.m.

Nothing screams little brother like fans obsessing about big brother scheduling a couple of games next decade.

• SeattleAggie Maple Valley, WA
    Aug. 7, 2018 8:18 a.m.

Sportscenter- What part of 2 programs headed in opposite directions do you not understand?

• ND95CA Lincoln Park, IL
    Aug. 7, 2018 7:57 a.m.

azute1

“Go back merely a few years earlier & you’ll see BYU accomplished something we never have...”

Sorry to burst your crimson bubble, but Utah accomplished something in 2007, that never has and never will accomplish...

getting SHUTOUT by a 10-loss UNLV team whose only other win was over 10-loss Utah St.

BYU beat UNLV 24-14 on the same field.

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    Aug. 7, 2018 7:46 a.m.

Weak SOS.

• JustGordon Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 7, 2018 6:32 a.m.

Adding these two teams is a wonderful addition to their schedule...it beats scheduling Savannah State and Wagner, but not by much! Good to see that our little blue brothers have ended their scheduling slide.

• Tomahawk Red Miami Beach, FL
    Aug. 7, 2018 6:21 a.m.

talkinsports - Gilbert, AZ
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:17 p.m.

----------

LOL

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 6, 2018 10:39 p.m.

“btw, didn't Utah get shut out 0-27 by UNLV the year before their best season EVER?”

Go back merely a few years earlier & you’ll see byu-p accomplished something we never have—They lost to UNLV @ home.....TWICE [‘02/‘04]!

In fact, byu-p has lost once more to UNLV than we ever have, 3-2, ALL 3 @ home!

“.....a team that even the mighty weak Utes weren’t capable of beating.”

What you’re omitting is the fact we beat byu-p that year head-to-head.

7 straight & counting, 12/15, 17/25 & the insurmountable overall record, 60-34-4 = Owned.

Go Utes!

• SportsCenter Olympus Cove, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2018 10:09 p.m.

SeattleAggie

What part of still having a losing record versus BYU, even during your heyday, do you not understand?

• SeattleAggie Maple Valley, WA
    Aug. 6, 2018 9:51 p.m.

Lonestar- wow, yep, if the Ags have won 3 of 8, um, sure enough, that means byu-p has won 5. Glad to see the school in Provo is keeping their students sharp as tacks!

• Snack PAC Olympus Cove, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2018 9:46 p.m.

KimmyP

“I love how when the blue faithful try talking smack, it always begins with
    Remember when...”

I love how the crimson faithful desperately try to pretend that college football history didn’t begin until 2004... because they have absolutely nothing to
    Remember when...

• NightOwlAmerica SALEM, OR
    Aug. 6, 2018 9:40 p.m.

agarrett - PROVO, UT

Said:
    "I like it! The 2020 schedule looks like BYU's best ever. North Alabama will be a much needed rest-up game at the end of the season after SDSU and before the big finish at Stanford. I personally like the November rest-up game--Alabama does it, so they must be doing something right."

Yeah, just take your magic beans and emulate Alabama.
    Cougee fans are unreal, LOL! Just what are you resting up for? LOL!

• KimmyP Grantsville, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 9:38 p.m.

I love how when the blue faithful try talking smack, it always begins with
    Remember when... 😹

• LonestarRunner Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 9:15 p.m.

SeattleAggie

“The Ags beat the Cougs one time in the 26 years from ‘84 to ‘09. Now they’ve won 3 of the last 8. If it wasn’t for Riley’s miracle we’d be even.”

BYU has won 5 of the last 8, including beating the best Utah St team since the 1960’s, a team that even the mighty weak Utes weren’t capable of beating.

• SeattleAggie Maple Valley, WA
    Aug. 6, 2018 8:57 p.m.

Byu-p fans love to talk about the past. Fine, have it. The past is all you have, or ever will have. The Ags beat the cougs one time in the 26 years from ‘84 to ‘09. Now they’ve won 3 of the last 8. If it wasn’t for Riley’s miracle we’d be even. The tables are turning. Enjoy it, I know I will

• BYU > USU > utah Anaheim, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 8:51 p.m.

Jonny boy

“Which team of the three was the last to win a conference championship?”

Which of the three was the last to win back-to-back conference championships?

Which of the three is the only team to have back-to-back, Top 15 ranked conference champions?

• ExDixieIte Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 8:47 p.m.

@CG - Can you show where Utah has scheduled UNLV? I can't find it on any of their future schedules nor can I remember playing UNLV since leaving the MWC.

And yes, in 2007 Utah lost to UNLV 27-0. Every team occasionally has that loss it can't explain. This was one of them.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 8:33 p.m.

BYU < USU < Utah:

Cute, but you left out the most important question:
    Which team of the three was the last to win a conference championship?

Take your time.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2018 8:32 p.m.

CG - Provo, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 5:47 p.m.
    utemythology

"Yes if you think watching "two high school" teams play in a NFL stadium in September is fun."

----

Yes Utah is padding it's schedule with high school team.

Since 2014, Utah has lost to 3 6-loss P12 teams, 5 top 25. Which why Utah is #24 in the nation since.

Yes in 2007 Utah lost at UNLV, since then we have ZERO loses to a un-ranked G5 teams.

BYU has 11 such loses:
    4-8 UMass ( 2017) at home, 3-9 ECU, 6-7 Utah State and Boise, UCF, Nevada, Air Force, San Diego...

• BYU > USU > utah Anaheim, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 8:27 p.m.

Seattle Aggie

“So I guess the Ags have played in a conference championship game more recently than anyone else in the state. Any other questions?”

Just three:

Which Utah team is the last to actually win a CCG?

Answer: BYU

Which Utah team is the last to lose a CCG?

Answer: USU

Which Utah team has never even played in a CCG?

Answer: Utah

• SeattleAggie Maple Valley, WA
    Aug. 6, 2018 8:03 p.m.

BC- we’ll, let’s see, the Aggies made the MWC championship game (remember, I said championship implications) in 2013, so 5 years ago. So I guess the Ags have played in a conference championship game more recently than anyone else in the state. Any other questions?

• Wallbanger Spanish Fork, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 7:59 p.m.

Snack WAC:

“2008 is no more relevant today than 2007.”

Kind of like 1984 huh? Oops, the “LaVell Years” are all you guys got! Sorry buddy!
    Hopefully your team can get out of the bottom ten this year. With many, many moral victories! Go cougs!!!

• B C Park City, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 7:39 p.m.

SeattleAggie

“When Nov rolls around we’ll be playing games w conference championship implications...”

Remind us the last time the Aggies actually won a MWC championship.

• SeattleAggie Maple Valley, WA
    Aug. 6, 2018 7:15 p.m.

Redfeather-
    “An Aggie fan mocking BYU’s schedule”

Yes, we can. See, we have that luxury. When Nov rolls around we’ll be playing games w conference championship implications while byu-p will be playing games that mean nothing. Make sense?

• Snack PAC Olympus Cove, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2018 7:06 p.m.

headbanger

“btw, what in the world does Utah getting shut out 0-27 by UNLV over 10 seasons ago have to do with today?”

Hasn’t it been 10 seasons since Utah had an 11+ win, Top 15 season?

2008 is no more relevant today than 2007.

• Wallbanger Spanish Fork, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 6:54 p.m.

Can’t Get out of bottom ten:

“So, you're admitting that Utah is now scheduling high school teams to pad their schedule before losing to 6-loss teams in the PAC 12?”

Is that like losing to an 8 loss team AT HOME on senior night? We did manage to “pad” our schedule with one specific game at the end of November this year.

btw, what in the world does Utah getting shut out 0-27 by UNLV over 10 seasons ago have to do with today? A bad loss, but not quite as embarrassing as printing “quest for perfect” t-shirts, only to have big brother actually complete that quest, or as embarrassing as finishing in the bottom 10. Good luck against AZ, you’re gonna need it!

• CG Provo, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 5:47 p.m.

utemythology

• SportsFan Provo, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 5:44 p.m.

timid sparrow

"The difference is, Utah-SLC scheduled UNLV because they need a break. BYU scheduled UNLV because they need a challenge."

LOL!

In 2023, BYU already has games scheduled against Tennessee, Virginia, Houston, Boise St, USC, and Stanford.

Like BYU's 2020 schedule

Utah, Mich St, ASU, Utah St, Missouri, Houston, No Illinois, Boise St, SDSU, No Alabama, and Stanford

UNLV could easily end up being the 10th or 11th easiest opponent on BYU's 2023 schedule.

Besides, the Utes always play their MWC opponents within the first three games of the season, so why would the Utes need a "break" to recover from playing a Big Sky opponent so early in the season?

• uterebel50 Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 5:42 p.m.

Skywalker: I just checked the future Ute football schedules on the University of Utah website, and UNLV does not appear anywhere on it.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2018 5:10 p.m.

talkinsports - Gilbert, AZ
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:17 p.m.

------

Personally, I prefer the postseason like Utah vs Alabama.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2018 4:59 p.m.

Remember a few years back when they showed a BYU fan with the sign that read, "We want Bama!"

Baby steps, South Alabama will be tough at LES.

• mjkkjk Nowhere, 00
    Aug. 6, 2018 4:37 p.m.

Thank you to all of the Ute fans who help fund BYU articles by their MANY clicks.

Seriously though, thank you to the good Ute fans (e.g. daddy Ute) who help to police their own. BYU fans should do the same

• Cougarbib2 Moorpark, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 4:32 p.m.

Both programs are on the rise. N. Alabama moving up to a conference. No powerhouse, obviously, but rising up.

UNLV will soon be playing in a nrand new NFL stadium. That should improve recruiting. There is plenty of time for them to improve.

Fills the rest of the schedule out nicely.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 4:32 p.m.

@Skywalker

"Didn’t the mighty weak Utes schedule a home and home with UNLV just a few months ago?"

The difference is, Utah scheduled UNLV because they need a break. BYU-P scheduled UNLV because they need a challenge.

• cdchat5855 Meridian, ID
    Aug. 6, 2018 3:51 p.m.

When is BYU going to get enough guts to get back in the Mt. West Conference so they can get some decent games throughout the season. This is where they should be in all of their sports. Just my take.

• Jello is Good ,
    Aug. 6, 2018 3:45 p.m.

Well, it would appear that MWC tams don’t hate the Y so much that they won’t continue to schedule games with them. I wouldn’t be surprised if BYU worked out scheduling agreements with the MWC and the AAC as part of the next ESPN contract. Good for the Y’s October and November schedule and good for these two conferences back pocket.

• agarrett PROVO, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 3:09 p.m.

• Daddyute Saratoga Springs, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 3:06 p.m.

@ Real Ute?
    As a crimson club/season ticket holder I would prefer U not speak for The University as a whole or the entirety of ute nation, your comments are a bad reflection on a great institution. U proclaim tolerance yet seem to be rather intolerant based on your many comments and disparaging remarks toward the y and the LDS church. Do better good sir.
    This is the part where I ask to "stick to sports"
    I for one like byU on the schedule, that said, 8 is coming
    Go Utes!

• skywalker Palo Alto, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 2:52 p.m.

Real confused Ute

Gotta laugh at the unbridled hypocrisy of certain Utah fans.

• skywalker Palo Alto, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 2:47 p.m.

KimmyP

“It is hilarious to see the blue faithful defend playing a DII team by comparing North Alabama”

It’s hilarious how uninformed the kids on the hill are.

North Alabama will be a Div 1, FBS program, same level as Northern Illinois, when BYU plays the Lions.

• wwookie Payson, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 2:21 p.m.

Now that's one way to get a win over an Alabama perennial powerhouse.

10 points for creativity!

• P5Proud Santa Monica, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 1:40 p.m.

Considering the way things are going--these are two gems. Gosh--in a couple of seasons, matchups against Trump U and Northern Vermont might be considered gems. *
    *Moderators---yes this is speculation--but it's also just kidding around.

• Max-was-right Mapleton, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 1:40 p.m.

just get BYU off of Utah schedules like 5 years ago is all I care about

You’re life wouldn’t be worth living if BYU wasn’t filling your head 24/7.

• CO Ute Chandler, AZ
    Aug. 6, 2018 1:17 p.m.

One filler game and an unexciting series with UNLV. Fill some holes in the schedule.

• THEREALND Mishawaka, IN
    Aug. 6, 2018 1:12 p.m.

Hey, if you can't get Notre Dame, North Alabama will just have to do.

• mightymite , 00
    Aug. 6, 2018 1:10 p.m.

Go Cougs! Impressive beyond all words. A chance to knock off Alabama is awesome. Independence just keeps on getting better.

• KimmyP Grantsville, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:59 p.m.

It is hilarious to see the blue faithful defend playing a DII team by comparing North Alabama to a future opponent on Utah's schedule as a justifiable means. 😹

• LP Grad, BYU Alum Provo, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:47 p.m.

*Slow clap for all the BYU haters ragging on North Alabama...*

Take a look at the 2020 schedule and you'll see why North Alabama is a good match up.

Scheduled P5 teams: Utah, Michigan State, Arizona State, Minnesota, Missouri, and Stanford
    Scheduled G5 teams: Houston, San Diego State, Boise State, Northern Illinois

The Utah State and North Alabama games are the pushovers. That's 6 P5 teams and 4 of the top (some of them are THE top) G5 teams in the country. North Alabama is a good game to get healthy and get a win. Every team does it. Heck, in 2020 Utah is playing Montana State!

• redfeather Palo Alto, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:45 p.m.

SeattleAggie

An Aggie fan mocking BYU’s schedule.

LOL!

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:33 p.m.

It will be interesting to see if this isn't a trend...

• SeattleAggie Maple Valley, WA
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:29 p.m.

• UteMiguel Go Utes, CA
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:21 p.m.

Congrats!

• talkinsports Gilbert, AZ
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:17 p.m.

Glad to see UNLV back on BYU’s schedule. It will be fun to watch another BYU game in an NFL stadium. 🤙🏈

• HS Sport Dude Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:17 p.m.

Wow... remove the North from North Alabama and this would be a good story. North Alabama has been an Independent FCS team for several years after moving from D2. Could be a win on the schedule.

• Juice Box Eureka, UT
    Aug. 6, 2018 12:16 p.m.

Good teams for national exposure.