Utah cancer survivor puts patients first in the fight for a cure

Lehi couple develops software for people to share treatment plans

• Soniad India, 00
    July 14, 2018 6:05 a.m.

Jenny we are proud of You for contributing to such a great social cause.

• Ann Blake Tracy Henderson, NV
    July 9, 2018 5:46 p.m.

I would supposed to be dead from cancer 45 years ago. That is when I found a cure that has been there since the beginning of time. God did not leave us without answers. All I did is what many of my friends have done since then - cut those foods out of my diet which are most difficult to digest. Thus conserving energy to fight the cancer since digestion uses more energy than running a marathon.

Meats take 12 -24 hours to digest, grains & beans 6-12 hours & fruits & veggies 15-30 mins. So I ate only fruits & veggies with a few nuts. Within one month all my cancer pains disappeared & I felt better & stronger every day & even passed a large tumor. I actually never better in my lifetime so continued for 7 years.

But becoming lax I began adding dairy back into my diet, put on 50 lbs in 1 month & after 2 years the cancer pains returned! I quickly reverted to my diet of fruits & veggies & with prayer & blessings healed again. NEVER again will I risk that!

Later in sharing this with an ex-oncology nurse, along with my objections to chemo & radiation, she, with tears in her eyes, said, "I never saw a patient die of cancer. They all died of chemo & radiation first."

• mrjj69 bountiful, UT
    July 9, 2018 10:57 a.m.

support groups are a great thing.

• Romneyiswrongforutah Sandy, UT
    July 9, 2018 10:38 a.m.

As long as they don't use pseudoscience.

• Elsleuith Eagle Mountain, UT
    July 9, 2018 6:18 a.m.

Having had many members of my family including my wife and mother die of cancer I am of the opinion we are not winning the war on cancer. I applaud the couple in this article for trying to do something but after fifty years of fighting cancer it is still the number 2 killer in the US. That is after spending over 100 billion dollars on the "war."

Prevention by eating a super healthy diet, limiting meat and not partaking of tobacco and alcohol, avoiding carcinogens, or too much sun and getting plenty of exercise will go a long way to not getting cancer in the first place. Once you get cancer it is a rough road.

• Misseleer71 Salt Lake City, UT
    July 9, 2018 2:30 a.m.

Cancer is not a disease, there is a function and reason we all have cance cells in everyone DNA that the body tolerates and will not destroy. Treatment happens to kill many body cells including the auto immune system and to my way of thinking the auto immune system is wrong to kill it and hope it comes back.

Cancer is not curable. Our lifestyles and diet aggravated by chemicals in food supply has created the increase of cancer among age groups that should not be triggering the cancer cells to destroy organs and brains and blood for no reason. To find a cure they have to go to the source, not our DNA and body defense mechanisms. The source is Monsanto other abnormal genetic abberations our bodies can't digest or convert to human use.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    July 8, 2018 10:33 p.m.

one day I believe like Polio and other horrible diseases Cancer will be cured. Sadly that day is probably still 100 years away. In the mean time we treat cancer and hope for the best. Sometimes it works other times no joy. Having family members who have gone through the whole cancer treatment process and emotional roller-coaster it is the black plague of the 20 and 21 centuries no question. But I am so impressed for people that fight the fight like this Lehi couple.