UTA breaks ground on S-Line expansion with hopes of cutting wait times

• Impartial7 DRAPER, UT
    June 12, 2018 4:09 p.m.

Every time UTA comes up with a new or expansion project, it cost taxpayers tens of millions and does little for UTA users.

• FatherOfFour WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    June 12, 2018 3:44 p.m.

I use the S line all the time to get to work and back. I really appreciate the extra line.

• Capsaicin Salt Lake City, UT
    June 12, 2018 2:19 p.m.

The S-Line was a complete waste of taxpayer both the tiger II stimulus federal dollars and the county dollars.

• Fitness Freak Salt Lake City, UT
    June 12, 2018 1:02 p.m.

I, for one, really, really, resent my county taxes being used for something like this that very few county residents even use.

UTA has their own dedicated funding source(s). They need to learn to live within a budget - something which, heretofore, they have completely shrugged off.

They COULD have paid for this latest nonsense simply by cutting the bosses' salaries.

• citygrrl SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    June 12, 2018 12:14 p.m.

Where is the UTA we all know and what have they done with it? Syncing up connections between transportation modes -- such a novel and progressive concept! Now if they could only get the bus drivers at the Central Station near Best Buy to wait 2 minutes when the Green Line pulls up life would be great.

It's as if someone who works for UTA is actually using its services!

• at long last. . . Kirksville , MO
    June 12, 2018 8:51 a.m.

All dozen riders thank the taxpayers.

• Legal? Saint George, UT
    June 12, 2018 7:50 a.m.

Or maybe those commuting could leave their homes 5-10 minutes earlier and save many millions in construction?

• mightymite , 00
    June 11, 2018 11:28 p.m.

I cringe every time I am stopped at an unsafe and awkward crossing during a busy rush hour and see about 5-10 people in a three car train. Maybe it is before it's time but the construct of this benefited no one but the developers.... Thank you Mr, Hughes and Co....

• stevo123 Driggs, ID
    June 11, 2018 7:52 p.m.

I rode the "s" line down to catch a Bee's game and had to leave at the 7th inning to catch the street car home. I hope they have improved the hours run.