Motorcyclist dies after crash with pickup truck in Riverton

• Amber03 Herriman, UT
    April 23, 2018 2:55 p.m.

I unfortunately was one of the first on this scene. One, that I wish no one ever has to see. To the family and friends of the rider: I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I can personally tell you that he did not appear to be in any pain and he wasn't alone. I was talking to him and holding his head until a fire fighter took my place. To my family and friends that ride, please please wear bright colors and watch out for the "other guy". To anyone that drives a vehicle, please remember the power that you are holding onto when you get behind the wheel.

• ConservativeCommonTater West Valley City, UT
    April 23, 2018 1:16 p.m.

This is the 2nd death of a biker in the last couple of days in which the pickup truck made a left turn in front of the biker.

Utah drivers deserve the "worst drivers in the country" award for a reason.

The penalties for killing someone with a motor vehicle in Utah are almost non-existent.

"The 38-year-old man was traveling east on 11800 South when a westbound pickup truck made a left turn onto 3840 West, traveling into the path of the motorcycle, said Unified police detective Chuck Malm."

It was 7:40 PM and the biker was traveling east and the pickup made a left turn in front of him. How could "sun glare" be a factor if they were traveling east? Besides, the bike had halogen headlights or LED if it's less than 20 years old.

• Sanefan Wellsville, UT
    April 23, 2018 11:21 a.m.

It's motorcycle season folks, slow down, get your head out of the phone, look and pay attention.

• Impartial7 DRAPER, UT
    April 23, 2018 7:03 a.m.

Good grief, second death in 3 days. C'mon people, triple check for motorcycles when you make left turns. Utah loves campaigns against things, how about a campaign to promote left turn awareness?

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    April 23, 2018 6:51 a.m.

With more and more heavy traffic on 11800 S., people actually should slow down and be more attentive and observant! This is another tragedy!

• toosmartforyou Kaysville, UT
    April 22, 2018 10:36 p.m.

Prayers for this man's family.