Why Sarah Sellers says her 2nd place Boston Marathon run brought to mind an LDS scripture

• TP TWIN FALLS, ID
    May 11, 2018 11:42 a.m.

Way to persevere!
    It is thrilling to discover that our worth in God's sight never changes and is not dependent on what we do or achieve.
    It is "icing on the cake" to discover one's passion and purpose and let nothing stand in the way of progress (as opposed to perfection). We have much more control over process than outcome..."Set backs" are the true test of resolve and fortitude of the soul. When life closes a door, look for the open window, or the chimney- for another path around.
    Love Sarah, her brother and all who encouraged her to keep her dreams alive!

• motherof7 mesa, AZ
    April 20, 2018 8:29 a.m.

Sarah, your race and testimony is inspiring to me and touched my heart! I ran the Boston Marathon back in 1998 it was my seventh Marathon... After having my six children. I was not as fast as you, but felt similar things during all of my marathons...knowing that God was with me! Way to go, Sarah and way to stand up to your faith and light the world with it! Hope you continue to let your LIGHT shine!
    My favorite scripture in all my running days has been Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall Mount up with wings as eagles they shall run and not be weary and they shall walk and not faint."
    Happy for you!
    Lisa Bawden, Mesa, Az

• across the sea FR, 00
    April 20, 2018 7:57 a.m.

This is the second comment from Saudi Arabia!! Jeddah..

As an Olympic trainer (Sports Medicine) I regard her 2nd place in BOSTON as right up with ANY of the Olympic and World Championship medals - Boston is THE marathon of the marathons.
    Just raise my hat to her!
    Way to go, Girl! And to her husband! Congratulations!!

• M_Hawke Golden, CO
    April 20, 2018 7:49 a.m.

Congratulations, Sarah, on a run that left the marathon world amazed and scratching their heads in bewilderment. This is an inspiring story.

• Square Peg Enterprise, UT
    April 19, 2018 6:56 p.m.

Absolutely inspiring.

• Tekakaromatagi Dammam, Saudi Arabia
    April 19, 2018 1:07 p.m.

I completed a half iron man triathlon. The scripture that kept coming into my mind was less inspiring. "I am poured out like water. My heart is like wax, it has melted in the midst of my bowels."