Bodies recovered from mine believed to be missing Eureka couple

'We're bringing the kids home,' aunt says of young pair who hadn't been seen since Dec. 30

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    March 29, 2018 9:58 a.m.

dordrecht - for every mine shaft that is still accessible there are many that have been blocked or filled in. To make every area that was ever mined entirely safe would add significantly to the national debt, which is likely where the money would have come. It is unusual for them to be part of a homicide, or even an accident.

I posted previously, and want to say again that I hope justice is achieved. It is so sad for everyone involved for these teenagers to have their lives ended it what appears to be murder.

• dordrecht Salt Lake City, UT
    March 29, 2018 9:04 a.m.

I feel very sorry for the families who lost loved ones in such a mysterious way which looks like foul play. Also, I wonder why these abandoned mine shafts aren't blocked off or filled, to prevent accidents or murder.

• george of the jungle goshen, UT
    March 29, 2018 8:56 a.m.

Knowing that someone did that an is still out an about, creeps me out.

• cjb Bountiful, UT
    March 29, 2018 6:38 a.m.

If someone murdered this couple, I sincerely hope they are caught and made to pay.

The death penalty would be appropriate.

• Man from Dear River West Jordan, UT
    March 29, 2018 12:01 a.m.

I looked at Google Map. Dividend and Cherry Creek Reservoir are like 7-10 miles apart. So foul play is clearly the case here. What gets me is - what was the motive? To kill and dump two bodies down a shaft and then haul a vehicle (or vice versa) that distance indicates a lot of effort and likely premeditation to me. I wonder if they threw the murder weapons down the same shaft? That is nearly a 1/3 of a mile down to the bottom of an old unsecured shaft. So that is going to be a tricky effort to get down there and investigate the forensic evidence if there is any there, that is possibly at the bottom of the shaft. If they had been visiting family in Tooele county and Spanish Fork was also on their route, that is a lot of traveling. The Jeep appears to be what is most out of place in the triangulation of this incident's elements and traveling.

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    March 28, 2018 4:03 p.m.

From the beginning of their disappearance, this story had the feel of something very wrong. I hope the person guilty of homicide is brought to justice, ASAP. Of course there is the remote chance something else happened, but I think they were murdered. I feel sad for the grandfather who provided them a home. If i were he, I would be bereft,

• Logit ,
    March 28, 2018 3:40 p.m.

Even if I DIDN'T do the crime, I think I'd very much be "acting weird" around law enforcement if they impounded my one and only vehicle.