LDS Church announces stops for President Nelson's tour

• KevinSim Springville, UT
    March 27, 2018 9:30 p.m.

AyreWolf posted:

=Before President Nelson, goes off galvanting around the world he needs to take
    =a tour of the domestic region first, even out his own back yards.

AyreWolf, have you considered the possibility that Russell Nelson is visiting China, Thailand, India, and Israel because God may have TOLD HIM that He wanted him to go to those places?

• janiannie St Anthony, ID
    March 26, 2018 10:25 a.m.

Obviously President Nelson is following the example of Christ even in his 90s and is going out to feed his lambs and looking for sheep that can be gathered in to the flock. I know that God has called President Nelson as a Prophet and I pray for him as well as his wife and the Hollands that their trip will be safe, pleasant, and will accomplish the mission that they are setting out to do. I love the Gospel!

• iluvnz Vernal, UT
    March 26, 2018 8:11 a.m.

Too many people here with testimonies of the gospel are misguided when suggesting to our prophet what he should or should not be doing. The Lord's time table - not ours.

• N1945 American Fork, UT
    March 25, 2018 8:26 p.m.

As my Stake President, President Nelson issued me my first temple recommend. That was 53 years ago when I was 20. There is no way I would physically be able to endure such an incredibly demanding and full scheduled trip, as wonderful as it sounds. Our Heavenly Father must have some extremely important and miraculous messages to deliver to our brothers and sisters in these countries. President Nelson has been given these remarkable strengths and capabilities for a reason! Our prayers are with you.

• Rikitikitavi Cardston, Alberta
    March 25, 2018 5:35 p.m.

References to a BYU-Africa are just a tad premature. How about getting behind BYU-I Pathway. That is such a wonderful opportunity for members around the world to get educated at a most affordable price.

• G-Day-M8 Where is Waldo, UT
    March 24, 2018 7:00 p.m.

@ dUUi - Salt Lake City, UT
    March 23, 2018 3:15 p.m.

"Glad to see he is visiting Africa. The church is growing faster there than on any other continent. However, the Church needs to do more than just visit Africa. We need to build up the education system there. We need a BYU-Africa."

I hear you, and can say positively that education is being built up exponentially in Africa and around the world. Pathway Worldwide is truly an inspired program to bless Latter-day Saints across the world. No other organization win the world has the capacity and infrastructure to offer education to its membership. It started with the perpetual education fund and has expanded to Pathway Worldwide.

You can find out more by by looking on lds.org

• AyreWolf Evanston, WY
    March 24, 2018 6:51 p.m.

Before President Nelson, goes off galvanting around the world he needs to take a tour of the domestic region first, even out his own back yards. There are branches, stakes and wards that are ran very well, such as ours here In Evanston, Wyoming, the Uinta View Ward is an example of what a well ran ward ought to be, on the opposite side there the one I sometimes go to, in Wendell Idaho the Wendell 1st Ward to be exact that treats all outsiders and those just coming into the Ward , like they're Lucifer or worse. With a new President perhaps there needs to be a change of the way some run the branches, Stakes and Wards. I'd love to see a General Authority come to this Ward once.

• Cav Pilot St George, UT
    March 24, 2018 2:29 p.m.

Kenngo, are you assuming that longevity is somehow tied to worthiness?
    Everyone has their allotted time, that if someone else doesn't use their free agency to take that time away from you, you will get it. Some are short, some are long. Remember, this life is a time to learn and prepare. We also know that there are those called to do specific things in this life, to include lead the rest of us. They get their allotted time to do what they are supposed to.

that being said. President Nelson is going to Thailand at the end of the Songkran festival. Good planning to miss it.

• John Pack Lambert of Michigan Ypsilanti, MI
    March 23, 2018 6:47 p.m.

Has any Church president been to India before while president?

• Rightasrain Heber City, UT
    March 23, 2018 6:40 p.m.

It is super fun to see the energy and the example that these brethren set for us.
    Is BYUH in Honolulu? Have they moved it? I always thought it was in Laie, at least it was last year when I visited there twice.

• dUUi Salt Lake City, UT
    March 23, 2018 3:15 p.m.

• Kenngo1969 Pleasant Grove, UT
    March 23, 2018 2:06 p.m.

Don't get me wrong: I love and revere President Nelson as a prophet of God. I'm glad his days have been prolonged. That said, the prophet Joseph Smith lived less than half as long as President Nelson has, and my sister-in-law, who is one of the finest people I've ever known, succumbed a couple of years ago after her body was ravaged by cancer at 52. Are we to conclude, then, that they, somehow, were less faithful? I don't think so.

I'm particularly excited by President Nelson's & Elder Holland's visit to Israel.

• I_believe Draper, UT
    March 23, 2018 1:43 p.m.

President Nelson is 93 and he is traveling the world with Elder Holland. This is a testimony to me that he is a living prophet of God. It is also a witness that the word of wisdom found is section 89 of the Doctrine & Covenants is true :

"18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;

19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;

20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint."

I'm thankful for President Nelson's and Elder Hollands example. Makes me want to spend more time being of service to others and spend less time thinking about my problems and worries.