Extortion accusations fly in ugly Utah GOP fight over controversial election law

• Utefan60 Salt Lake City, UT
    March 21, 2018 8:13 a.m.

Thomas Jefferson - Cottonwood Heights, UT, you hit it right on the head.

The radial right that control the caucus system that gave us Mike Lee That is a failure of epic proportions. Finally got Utah citizen's angry. And that takes a lot.

My favorite incident in my area was an edcuated older white woman in the neighborhood gave the closing prayer in her Ward. She asked for blessings for then President Obama. Something that seemed to be normal when Bush was president.

As she was descending from the pulpit an older man confronted her. He loudly said,"I don't know how you could be a Mormon and a Democrat?" Well she turned, and loudly returned fire: I don't know how you could be a Republican and a Christian".

She hit it right out of the ball field!

• ConservativeCommonTater West Valley City, UT
    March 20, 2018 12:12 p.m.

I love it when the GOP sharks start circling each other for a feeding frenzy. Let's hope they collapse from within.

Now, about the voters...is it really necessary to vote for a Mormon Republican...just because?

Todd Weiler is sort of a "mini-me" version of Chaffetz. He will say and do anything to get his face in front of a camera. This is just another example. Who is telling the truth here?

• dski HERRIMAN, UT
    March 20, 2018 8:28 a.m.

I heard Todd Weiler talking on the radio during The Rod Arquette show. Not knowing who he is, other than I understand he is a politician, he sounded like he is full of hot air. The problem I have with our Utah politicians is, they are waving their LDS memberships as if it is their pass card to the voters ballot. Unfortunately, money and power changes them. Although they may not know it, it really stinks.

• Thomas Jefferson Cottonwood Heights, UT
    March 20, 2018 8:15 a.m.

One party rule is horrible for the state.
    This fight that the uber right is waging to continue their stranglehold on the nomination process is just a symptom.

• Mark from Montana Davis County, UT
    March 20, 2018 6:16 a.m.

Those leading the Republican Party in Utah scare me. They are so far from the good people we are told to seek, yet Utah Republicans keep supporting them. Why? Is the 'party' worth more than the country?

• Fullypresent Salt Lake City, UT
    March 19, 2018 11:16 p.m.

Is anyone else really fed up with our corrupt politics by people that are supposed to be the good guys? We need to clean house at our legislature. Some need to be good guys in more than name only. People need to remember these people at election time and vote them out. There is power in the vote to help clean up corruption in local, state, and national politics.

• Ignominious Sandy, UT
    March 19, 2018 9:09 p.m.

Very disappointed to find my legislator on the list of Busckshot Caucus members. Many were no surprise, though. I look forward to un-electing these people and removing the state intrusion into private organizations. If they did the same thing to a religious organization people would be "up in arms."