'This is wow’: Salt Lake able to participate in 2026 Winter Games bidding process

• dUUi Salt Lake City, UT
    March 15, 2018 10:09 a.m.

If Los Angeles already has the 2028 Summer games locked up, why would they award the 2030 or 2026 Winter games to another city in the US? Why not go for the 2034 or 2038 games? Seems to be a bit of a waste of $40M to put together a proposal for 2026/2030, and the proposal should not be costing that much anyway. Take out the bribe money, and it will only be $100K.

• hikeswithdogs Salt Lake City, UT
    March 15, 2018 8:07 a.m.

No where makes as much sense as SLC from a logistics\proximity standpoint, not even remotely close(pun intended)

• Mr. Boris Layton, UT
    March 15, 2018 8:01 a.m.

I thought Florida was going to be under water by 2018. That's what Al Gore told me.

• Johnny Triumph Salt Lake City, UT
    March 15, 2018 7:27 a.m.

My oldest is an Olympic baby, born during the 2002 games...my very pregnant wife even managed to get to the Opening Ceremonies dress rehearsal and to a hockey game. Great memories from that time and I look forward to another round, in 2030 my oldest will be about the same age I was in 2002! Bring it on!!!

• Mr. Boris Layton, UT
    March 15, 2018 6:43 a.m.

The average person from Utah does not want the olympics again. Take a poll, and not a poll from Park City or SLC. Put it on the ballot next year.

The olympics are corrupt and a big waste of time. And for most people in 2002, a huge inconvenience for the people of Utah with no benefits to most of us.

• Egyptian origins Salt Lake City, UT
    March 15, 2018 6:01 a.m.

Are we seriously ignoring reality of the present for visions of a future 8 years away? We are threatened by Iran, North Korea, Russia, Terrorists, etc. w/a President who'll refuse to retaliate with the rest of NATO against Russia over their use of poison on UK soil, thus, will turn every Nation in NATO against us. NASA in 2014 released a World environmental report indicating that at the Earth's present course (back then) by 2028, 2 years after these supposed Olympics there will be massive deaths on Continental Coastal Regions and by 2045 all biological life will be dead; only if that 2014 current course is kept, yet Trump wants "clean" coal revived. The Olympics are supposed to be a time of uniting the world in peace, yet our current administration wants none of that. Hoping for a future is worthless if we are not implementing action plans in the present.

• Mark from Montana Davis County, UT
    March 15, 2018 6:00 a.m.

Mistake mistake mistake. The cost will be far higher.........just think Utah state prison. Plus the trend has been, for the past few years, to ignore the games. People are tired of the gross waste of money and ongoing scandals.

• yankees27 Heber, Utah
    March 14, 2018 9:48 p.m.

This would be great! Utah is obviously the best choice, hopefully the international community will judge based on the last amazing results in 2002, because I've got a feeling Denver will bring politics into it, along with the OR stooges.

• Tomahawk Red Miami Beach, FL
    March 14, 2018 6:38 p.m.

I love the Olympics and would love to see them in SLC again during my lifetime. I'm 40 now, so having them in 2030 at the age of 52 may be one of my last chances to see that, depending on how many opportunities there will be after that for SLC.

Salt Lake City in 2030!