After 4 heart transplants, Mormon family refuses to ask 'Why me?'

• worf McAllen, TX
    Feb. 15, 2018 9:39 a.m.

Why not 'family' instead of 'Mormon family'?

• Applelovernow Henderson, NV
    Feb. 10, 2018 3:00 p.m.

Incredible story. But I agree. How was this financed? Were services donated? Most folk’s insurance would have been maxed out. Yes it’s great to live in this day and time If you live in a country where this treatment is available and affordable.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 9, 2018 8:00 p.m.

The families of the donors are probably the ones who deserve to think "why us"?

• There You Go Again St George, UT
    Feb. 9, 2018 12:56 p.m.

I'm aware of a family who has gone down the same road albeit with just one...not 5 members of the family.

The cost of just one person going through all of this must be enormous.

The cost of 5 people going through this would be out of reach for most Americans.

A informative addition to the story would be how the medical procedures were financed or who stepped up to pay for all of these life saving procedures.

A truly blessed family!

• UtahTroutStalker Draper, UT
    Feb. 9, 2018 12:15 p.m.

Wow 4 heart transplants!

I am with AZ Eagle - we need more stem cell research.

I no reason why we cannot extend funding into adult, umbilical cord, and yes even fetal stem cell research to help those with severe body organ failure or other issues.

• JBs Logan, UT
    Feb. 9, 2018 12:01 p.m.

This family is certainly blessed to live in a time when medical advances have saved so many in their family. I wish them the very best.

• AZ Eagle ,
    Feb. 9, 2018 11:08 a.m.

This family doesn't know they can regenerate and rebuild their hearts using their own stem cells? The children may be candidates for "adult stem cell therapy" performed at Baylor University Medical Center and other major hospitals that work with a patient's own stem cells.

StemCellResearchFactsOrg reports that more than seventy diseases have been successfully treated with adult stem cell therapy.

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 9, 2018 10:30 a.m.

Thanks for the update on this incredible family. I've been wondering how they are doing since first seeing their story told, up to that point, back in 2015. I found and find them to be some of the most inspiring people I've ever heard of. I hope and pray for their continued resilience, good cheer and for better good fortune.