Oprah, 'Three Billboards' triumph at black-draped Globes

• TKB Provo, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 3:53 p.m.

There is no question that movie going remains a big part of the entertainment fare for North Americans. More than two-thirds (71%) of the U.S./Canada population – or 246 million people – went to the cinema at least once in 2016. The question is what are the influences coming out of Hollywood that shape our beliefs and world views? We can look to the Vidangel legal controversy to get an answer. Despite good faith efforts on the part of the company to preserve the profit incentive for the film producers while reserving their right to clean up the product to make it more family friendly, the film producers persist in their claim that they continue to own the product despite having sold it. What is their motive? It is simply to indoctrinate the public with their PC agenda. Remember many of these Hollywood folks suffer from the whited sepulcher syndrome - a Biblical ailment where the Savior likens hypocrites to whited sepulchers, " which appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and all uncleanness." Why does the public continue to tolerate this onslaught on basic Judeo/Christian values?

• Tolstoy salt lake, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 12:25 p.m.

It amazes me that there are still people out there that just don’t want to get it. As a man I am in control of my own facalties, I can make the excuse to objectify women based on thier clothing choices or to treat them respect and dignity. It is not women’s responsibility to ensure that I have control of myself it is mine and no article of clothing changes that, any suggestion otherwise is an insult to me as a man.

• Oh, please! Saint George, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 11:02 a.m.

Look at the dresses worn by Catherine Zeta-Jones, Oprah, and others. And then they wonder why men, Hollywood and elsewhere, objectify women. SERIOUSLY?!

Hollywood, YOU promote trash on the screen. I'm not buying.

• Bloodhound Provo, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 10:49 a.m.

These people make millions selling sex and violence. Now, they want to lecture the little people on how to behave. Hypocrites! I don't need to be lectured by a bunch of limousine liberals.

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 9:29 a.m.

Hollywood cracks me up. They're all acting even when they're not acting. What a pathetic industry from top to bottom if you think about it.

• Utah Girl Chronicles Eagle Mountain, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 8:12 a.m.

@ Tekakaromatagi

"When the actresses start dressing with the same degree of modesty and respect as the actors,..."

I wonder, in all seriousness, if you believe those same actresses should be allowed to drive?

• Jb531105 Sandy, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 8:04 a.m.

Keep it up Opie, best way to get him reelected in 2020.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 7:29 a.m.

Women are going to transform and 'disentrumpefy' our government and institutions pretty soon. If anything, this may be the positive, if wholly unintended, legacy he leaves us.

• Tekakaromatagi Dammam, Saudi Arabia
    Jan. 8, 2018 6:34 a.m.

When the actresses start dressing with the same degree of modesty and respect as the actors, then I will believe that Hollywood has truly changed their paradigms.

• Den Den West Jordan, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 6:31 a.m.

Hollywood has no credibility!

What they say or think, does not matter! They have been complicit with hiding or even protecting monsters!

The fact that I'm even responding is a waste of my time! But I want to be heard!

• emb Pleasant Grove, UT
    Jan. 8, 2018 4:44 a.m.

Great message Oprah. emb

• Oh, please! Saint George, UT
    Jan. 7, 2018 8:28 p.m.

Glad to report that the only movie/show I have seen in this whole lineup is Coco.

• Cactus Pete Centerville, UT
    Jan. 7, 2018 5:38 p.m.

Hollywood has just discovered something they never knew they had ...... morality. I think we will find that it is just a passing fad that will fade away when they select something new to become passionate over.