President Thomas S. Monson, 16th prophet of the LDS Church, dies after a lifetime spent going 'to the rescue'

• ulvegaard Medical Lake, Washington
    Jan. 7, 2018 5:27 p.m.

When serving in my ward leadership some 20 year ago, President Monson came to a special regional conference in our area. He brought along with him Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin (not long before he passed). We learned later that this regional conference was originally designated to be a broadcast from Salt Lake, however, President Monson had the media trucks set into motion to have the conference broadcast from Spokane - just because Elder Wirthlin with his declining health was feeling somewhat worthless - this was a conference that President Monson felt his fellow apostle could handle and knew it would lift his spirits to get to travel and take part in something important.

President Monson was willing to do more difficult thing in order to bless the lives of others when something simple would have been much easier.

• Llemke Clearfield, UT
    Jan. 4, 2018 7:10 p.m.

When my brother was dying in 1997 he had the amazing opportunity to meet President Monson a week before he passed and he received a priesthood blessing from him. I wasn’t able to be there but I sent a letter with my brother to give to President Monson thanking him for being so kind and loving to my brother. Within about a week I received a reply from him saying what a pleasure it was to meet my brother and give him a blessing. I was so surprised by this amazing gesture not only toward my brother but then toward to me. I loved him before that experience but I loved him even more after that experience. He truly was a man of service and a perfect example of Christlike love.

• PHJN25 Springville, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 6:46 p.m.

While my wife and I got to listen live to President Monson several times during General Conference, we, or at least I, never had the pleasure of meeting this giant of a man and wonderful Prophet of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We learned of President Monson's passing last night at exactly 2346 when my wife received a news alert from the Deseret News.

I was fifty-six when my dad passed away. Although I dearly loved and still dearly love my dad, I didn't cry. After learning that our beloved Prophet and Church President's passing last night, I cried. I had an almost impossible time trying to go to sleep.

Observing and listening to President Monson talk played a major role in my decision to join the LDS Church in August 2011.

Debbie and I love you, President Monson. We were blessed to have your biographer's husband seal us in the Salt Lake City temple on 26 December 2012.

Thomas S. Monson is the definition of service to God and to all of humanity. He is the definition of kindness and compassion. No words we can write possibly reflect our love for you, Sir!

• Howdy Brentwood, TN
    Jan. 3, 2018 6:39 p.m.

I loved President Monson.
    He will be greatly missed.
    Such an outstanding man, such a great example to people everywhere.
    I loved hearing his talks at General Conference.
    I never felt like I was being lectured to, just being taught doctrine in the most Christ like way.
    His stories always helped to drive home the point of his message.
    He was special. He did so much for the LDS Church.
    I will miss him.
    My prayers are with his family.

• John Pack Lambert of Michigan Ypsilanti, MI
    Jan. 3, 2018 3:42 p.m.

I have no clear memories from before President Monson was in the first presidency.

His passing in many ways marks the end of an era. He was the last living person who was present when the Revelation on the priesthood was received.

While both Elder Nelson and Elder Oaks were key figires in the Church in the 1970s Elder Monson was the last living significant Church leader of the 1960s.

Soon we will also see the passing of the last people who served as assistants to the quorum of the 12.

While I have lots of guesses on who the new apostles will be, since my guesses number at least 25 for 2 spots it is no t worth sharing. My main guess is that at least one will be one of the current 7 presidents of the 70. I have someone I most hope for in mind, but will support whoever the Lord calls. I could even be wrong on that cosidering only one of the last three men called as apostles was in the presidency of the 70.

• SaltLakeCommunityCollege Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 2:43 p.m.

With deepest condolences to President Monson’s family and respect for his life and work. An SLCC honorary doctorate recipient in 1996, President Monson had an enormous influence on countless lives. Our thoughts are with his family.

• Emyh Evanston, WY
    Jan. 3, 2018 1:37 p.m.

Back in 2014 I was given the opportunity to join the celebration in rededicating the Ogden temple. I was one of the few that flipped the temple cards at the very end to reveal what the temple looks like now. I remember performing this and at the end I saw President Monson walk to a pulpit. I've never seen the prophet this close. I could clearly see his face and could really feel his spirit that he truly was a Prophet of God. I'll never forget that feeling. I'll never forget the counsels he spoke throughout his ministry. It saddens me to learn he is no longer in this world. But I hope his family will look forward to the day when they see him again. Love you President Monson! Your counsel and ministry will never be forgotten!

• Sitting Under a Tree Grantsville, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:34 p.m.

shwaiutah & vabookmom:

"During his time as one of the longest-serving apostles in Mormon history...." indicates the statistics are for the years since his call as an apostle in 1963.

Thanks for a great article, DN.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:21 p.m.

I have never know life without President Monson as an apostle or prophet. It is hard when good people pass away as with President Hinckley and now with President Monson. Both men had such a huge impact on my life and my family. President Monson served so many who were lonely or largely forgotten in life as did the Savior. President Monson served the Savior well and I think set an example -- a good positive example -- to people of all faiths and political pursuations. President Monson was a friend to all and I think that is what people will miss the most.

• Beauhox Makawao, HI
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:10 p.m.

I pray that we collectivly will live the example of Jesus through selfless acts and service. Nearly 16 million strong, the world needs the help. What would Jesus do if he were here?? Would he have us build up our bank accounts? Have large fancy houses? Multiple cars? The stories I remember being taught were those of humility and service to others. I pray we may ready ourselves by giving up our aboundace to those in need. To live Christ’s example not in words, but deeds.

• Beauhox Makawao, HI
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:03 p.m.

I dream of the day when the church as a whole serves in a selfless way, as

• DonLindberg San Antonio, TX
    Jan. 3, 2018 11:54 a.m.

I met Elder Monson in the Salt Lake Missionary Training Center in late July 1978. He had just spoken to all the missionaries headed to English speaking missions. As I approached him to shake his hand, he greeted me with a robust, "Elder Lindberg!", as if he had known me my entire life. He then said, "You go and tell Claire (my mission president's name was Clarence P. Wonnacott whose nickname was Claire) to hurry up and come home so that we can go duck hunting!" I think my jaw hit the floor - it wasn't what I was expecting to hear him say. But I immediately knew that he was a real person. It is a priceless memory of a man who became the Prophet. From this very brief encounter I saw a man who treasured relationships and ministered to the one. For a boy that grew up in the church, but in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, (not the hotbed of Mormonism) it was a treasured experience to meet an apostle. It endear him to me for life!! Thanks be to God for giving us the gift of his servant, Thomas Spencer Monson.

• Allie456 St George, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 11:53 a.m.

Rest in Peace, our dear Prophet.

• samuel h wiscomb Sun Lakes, AZ
    Jan. 3, 2018 11:28 a.m.

May his reunion with Francis be glorious. May his reunion with the Brethren be sublime. May his PPI with the Savior be divine.

• Prydwyn Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 11:27 a.m.

President Monson was a large man with strong shoulders to bear the mantle of responsibility of being a prophet, strong leader, great example and president of the LDS Church, yet so kind and gentle in his demeanor. I believe there is a very long line of widows welcoming him into the Spirit World, and he remembers the name of every single one of them.
    ‘Til we meet, dear man of God. You are reunited with Frances and so many other loved ones, and there is an earthly trail that you have left behind of so many people here whose lives are better because of you.

• John Pack Lambert of Michigan Ypsilanti, MI
    Jan. 3, 2018 11:01 a.m.

I am glad to have hear President Monson's many poweful talks. I am also glad he is now with his beloved Frances. All those who were apostles when I was born are now dead.

• Texican36 Mesa, AZ
    Jan. 3, 2018 10:58 a.m.

Rest in peace,my good friend. You have been such a great example of the Lord's admonition "come follow me".

• TripleB1111 Milford, NH
    Jan. 3, 2018 10:54 a.m.

I will miss him very much! What a great man!

• FT salt lake city, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 10:54 a.m.

I'm not LDS but condolences to his family and followers. He was a decent man who made our world a better place. That in of itself is a reason to celebrate his life and his many accomplishments.

• kolob1 Sandy, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 10:51 a.m.

Although I am not a Mormon I am a fan. President Monson led by example not oration. He led by quietly demonstrating his faith not by political advocacy . He was much different than President Hinckley . Hinckly was more politically active. We should stay out of politics and out of Corporate financial involvement. Good by President Monson. You served your cause extremely well. You led by example. Good wishes for your successor.

• M.Savage Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 10:04 a.m.

Goodnight President Monson. I'm honored to be one of those who was able to attend conferences and hear your legendary stories.

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 10:02 a.m.

Rest in Peace, President Monson. Thank you for your service. You will be missed.

• Dan Maloy Enid, OK
    Jan. 3, 2018 9:59 a.m.

Pres. Monson: "......and then I wiggled my ears. I had him! (laughter) Francis told me I shouldn't tell that part of the story!" (even more laughter)

I am really going to miss Pres. Monson.

God speed, Sir, God speed!

• taatmk Brigham City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 9:47 a.m.

Saddened at the passing of President Thomas S Monson. He was truly a great man, compassionate to all, and a valiant servant of the Lord. He will be missed.

• The Caravan Moves On Enid, OK
    Jan. 3, 2018 9:39 a.m.

So sad to hear of Pres. Monson's passing. His strength, as well as his wonderful sense of humor, will be sorely missed. But, the Lord is in charge, which means His kingdom here on the earth will continue to expand AND that someday we will be reunited with our beloved prophet.

Till we meet again, Pres. Monson!

• Tio_Tex Friendswood, TX
    Jan. 3, 2018 9:35 a.m.

Still remember his visit to Peru when I served as a young missionary. His message still rings true today: Honor the Savior by serving and loving others. Follow the Spirit and you'll be all right! Thank you President Monson for your guidance and direction. You will be missed.

• rdean92 Los Angeles, CA
    Jan. 3, 2018 9:19 a.m.

As a young man, I passed him the sacrament. When I was an adult, because he knew my family, he wrote my father a letter (at my request) just before he passed away. It deeply touched my Dad. While we all have differences, President Thomas Monson was kind and Christ like to me, for which, I shall never forget. Rest in peace sweet man.

• Surf is Up Miami, FL
    Jan. 3, 2018 9:00 a.m.

We've all heard the aphorism "WWJD" (what would Jesus do). Well, I've failed at that one over and over. So I tried "WWTSMD".

I still fail to live up to his level.

But I'll keep trying.

I love President Monson, and will miss him.

• MoreMan San Diego, CA
    Jan. 3, 2018 8:55 a.m.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

• ECR Burke, VA
    Jan. 3, 2018 8:43 a.m.

His life of service to others makes him a giant of a man in the community and humble servant to the Lord he served. We will miss him but will always remember his perfect example.

• Just want to know...... Northern Utah, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 8:30 a.m.

Beautiful man, wonderful prophet, superior example, great friend to everyone, and gracious to all mankind. I will miss you.....

• JBs Logan, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 8:30 a.m.

He spent all of his life serving others, even as a child. I'll never forget the story of him giving his pet rabbits to his friend whose family didn't have anything to eat for a holiday meal. A generous and brave thing for a young boy to do. I will miss him dearly. Sweet and kind, a prophet of God.

• deverest Rexburg, ID
    Jan. 3, 2018 8:29 a.m.

President Monson lived a life that we can all admire!

I will miss hearing the inspirational stories that were such a hallmark of his ministry.

We love him because his life was a life of love!

• common sense in Idaho Pocatello, id
    Jan. 3, 2018 8:15 a.m.

Just heard of his passing. We can't help but shed a few tears this morning. We loved President Monson. How can we honor him? Do something for someone else today, as he was so fond of saying. We will miss him greatly.

• Old Scarecrow Brigham City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 8:13 a.m.

Pres. Monson knew what his calling and responsibility was, and he always stayed on message: The Love of Jesus Christ for all persons, the love we should all have for each other, the opportunities to do good, to be peacemakers and good examples throughout our lives. He was the latest in a remarkable succession of special men called of God to guide us.

• MormonCuevas Highland, CA
    Jan. 3, 2018 8:01 a.m.

I love President Monson, he is one of the greatest men the earth ever had. A wonderful Prophet of God.

• goosehuntr Tooele, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 7:57 a.m.

When I heard about his passing this morning about 5:00 ish, the first thought that ran through my mind was that Thomas Monson was a supreme example of a man who lived "pure religion...undefiled before God." It was wonderful to see that scripture as a favorite of his from the book of James.

We will never know the cumulative effect of the Power of Gods love as it flowed through Thomas Monson's exemplary life. A true prophet indeed.

• Marigold Provo, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 7:52 a.m.

What a wonderful reunion President Monson must be having beyond the veil! "We ever pray for thee, our Prophet dear..." I will miss him.

• bass679 Novi, MI
    Jan. 3, 2018 7:45 a.m.

It's always a bittersweet thing when the prophet passes. Of course we're sad and we'll miss his words and teachings but we're happy he has been called home and been reunited with his wife.

President Monson was a great man, but more importantly he was also a good man and will be sorely missed.

• Utah Girl Chronicles Eagle Mountain, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 7:34 a.m.

A sad day but also a joyous one. RIP good man.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 7:31 a.m.

An all time favorite. Pure goodness and love.

• shadowfx Chandler, AZ
    Jan. 3, 2018 7:27 a.m.

First - prayers for his family at this time for peace and comfort as yesterday we saw 8 years from our father being called home.
    As a young man, I had the privilege of listening to him at General Conference in the south when it was "piped in" through the telephone. His stores inspired me to be better.
    President Monson lived a wonderful life and set an example for all to follow. He gave freely and loved everyone.

• Jon1 Arlington, VA
    Jan. 3, 2018 7:19 a.m.

I thank O God for this wonderful prophet.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 7:01 a.m.

I'm sure he was welcomed by the Savior with, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant, enter into my rest." Being freed from the limitations of his mortal, human suffering, he is now able to continue his great ministry with his loved ones and friends.

Thank you for your valiant service and example, President Monson! We love you!

• MFerrarezi BR, 00
    Jan. 3, 2018 6:49 a.m.

He was a great man and prophet of the Lord.

• Yello Rose Rio Rancho, NM
    Jan. 3, 2018 6:31 a.m.

I always remember President Monson when he came to Denver, Co to be part of releasing our Stake President at the time. He told a story or two of when they were boys and had grown up together. Now they were both tall and strong men in stature and in spirit. I will always remember President Monson for his countless ways of relating a story but also for the way he related to the scriptures and the poetry he would refer to in his conference talks over the years. His life story is remarkable and he leaves us with so much to remember him. I will remember him well along with the others of the Quorum of 12 who I remember so well as I have been a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints since 1960. A special Prophet who was called for a special purpose and blessing to all of us.

• Johnny Triumph Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 6:29 a.m.

What a great example of dedicated charitable service! He will be missed.

• MTG72 Otis, OR
    Jan. 3, 2018 6:07 a.m.

President Monson always had something spiritual to say, and I loved hearing him speak. He was truly a prophet and I will always remember him from some of my beginning moments with my beloved Church!

• mudstang69 Oak Harbor, WA
    Jan. 3, 2018 5:38 a.m.

When I was on my mission in southern Utah, we had a conference for all Missionaries in our mission at the Tabernacle. Elder Monson at that time spoke to us. I had had surgery on my knee and was privileged to sit up front because of my crutches. When the meeting was over, elder Monson made his way directly towards my companion and I to shake our hands and thank us personally for our service to the Lord. I remember his great stature of a man as he towered over us. He was serious yet boisterous at the same time. Very down to earth. He will be missed.

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Jan. 3, 2018 5:25 a.m.

President Monson profoundly affected me as a youth, listening to his conference talks, on how I view our responsibility to others. I remember specifically where I was when I first really heard and listened to what he said during conference. I was at a friends house conference weekend at a conference listening party. Such works of compassion for the poor, the elderly, and the widows. It was a life shifting experience that changed how I viewed others, and our responsibility towards them. Wish I could say I always lived up to those ideals, as I haven't. But it set a new bar to live by. President Monson's message profoundly drove and shaped what I knew I must work to become.

His warm spirit will be missed.

• shwaiutah El Paso, TX
    Jan. 3, 2018 3:38 a.m.

DNews,
    You have to fix the errors in this. The church did not grow from 2+ million to 15+ million in past 10 years. And the temple count wasn't 12 up to 150+.

There were about 12 million members in 2006 and 124 temples at the end of that year.

• Melisa Las Cruces, NM
    Jan. 3, 2018 3:30 a.m.

We will miss our beloved President Monson! What a great soul, so inspired, so kind & caring.

• Cinci Man FT MITCHELL, KY
    Jan. 3, 2018 3:13 a.m.

I will miss President Monson. What a wonderful example of kindness and love for others while adhering to the truth during a period of compromise and popular political correctness. His influence will be greatly missed. I love President Nelson too.

• Arturo Torres Falls Church, VA
    Jan. 3, 2018 3:10 a.m.

The World has lost Prophet a God .I can't forgot Pdt. Monson, His love to the Church to his members around the world and love for H.F. We Love Pdt . Monson We Love You,Thanks for all this years, for all you teachings,for you great Love.

• vabookmom ASHBURN, VA
    Jan. 3, 2018 3:09 a.m.

Please correct this type: "The number of temples grew from 12 to 159." When Pres. Monson become president there were 124 temples in operation. I'm sure this is just a typo in the rush to get the news article online. Thanks.

• MichelePat New Zealand, 00
    Jan. 3, 2018 2:59 a.m.

I will miss President Monson deeply. He will always be “my” prophet. I returned to church after twenty-one years inactive, shortly after President Monson became prophet. Another of Heavenly Father’s most precious sons has returned home. May he Rest In Peace and joy, reunited with his beloved Francis.

• Diligent Dave Logan, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 2:41 a.m.

I used to think that President Monson would talk about himself so much for purposes of self-aggrandizement. I later realized that this was the most modest way for him to convey to us that we too must do as he did. That we too must be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving ourselves.

Having been ill myself much this past year, and seeing how lonely it can be, I have come to appreciate his visiting the sick. If we are to be sheep, and not goats, and found on the left hand side of God, we must do more to lift our fellow man. Far more than we typically do. We give a little, and we suppose we have given so much, when we have really just given but the little that we supposed initially.

The so-called Good Samaritan paid for the medical bills of a stranger he found on the road who was in very bad shape. Who would do that today? I know of a few. But likely very few!

• Bsk Norristown, PA
    Jan. 3, 2018 1:50 a.m.

A wonderful person and leader. A great example to all. He will be missed!

• wbuckj Jamaica, 00
    Jan. 3, 2018 1:35 a.m.

I did not get the opportunity to meet president Jonson, but I know he was called of our heavenly father. Congratulations on your graduating mortality. I'll meet you in Paradise.

• AT14 Bosque Farms, NM
    Jan. 3, 2018 1:33 a.m.

I remember him from my time at BYU 1977-1981. He would come and speak at school from time to time. He was always cheerful and smiling - in a way that made you feel comfortable and included. I remember seeing him on television shortly after he had been made the prophet - what a weight that calling is! He looked as though he was carrying a piano around on his back - not at all the same lighthearted fellow that I was used to. He has spent his entire adult life in the Lord's service and fulltime after the young age of 36. May the Lord's choicest blessings be his!

• Theinvisibleman Horsham, W Sussex
    Jan. 3, 2018 1:24 a.m.

Many will miss him, many will welcome him; may we just follow him.

• IslandDiva Portland, OR
    Jan. 3, 2018 1:24 a.m.

We LOVE you Pres. Monson!

• Grammy3 SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 1:17 a.m.

I love President Monson and know that he truly was a Prophet of God. I had the great blessing on a few occasions of being in his presence. One of those occasions was when my Aunt Passed away and he came to sit next to my Uncle during the family prayer. He was a young Bishop in the same Stake as my Uncle served as a young Bishop as well. They became very good friends and on many occasions my Uncle went with him to the hospital to give blessings to those who were sick. The time he came to sit next to my Uncle I remember being right across from where he was sitting. Looking into his eyes and as he looked into my eyes he smiled and I could tell that he wanted me to know that all would be well. He spoke at my Uncle's funeral last Jan around this time. He was weak and very frail but he still made sure that he talked at my Uncle's services. I will truly miss this great man but I feel so much peace right now knowing that he is with is precious Francis as well as many others who he loved. WE thank thee Oh God for a Prophet. Till we meet again we love you President Monson.

• smitxxx Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 1:02 a.m.

Bon voyage, President Monson! We will always remember your gentle leadership and your example of never putting off a prompting. You have inspired us to try and do likewise. We hope someday to be where you are.

• Joe-Ansah Ghana, 00
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:56 a.m.

Great prophet, RIP.

• Hubble65 Sandy, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:50 a.m.

Welcome as your father and mother greet you and your beloved Frances. Congratulations on graduating from this university we call mortality. Your leadership was inspiring and more importantly, meant to bring us closer to our Savior. I can hear your voice saying onward and upward.

• Hagoth Hayden, ID
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:50 a.m.

Loved him so much. Loved his wonderful stories given at many general conferences. Truly a Prophet of God!

• jayhawk13 Richmond, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:47 a.m.

Having joined the Church in 1963, President Monson has been a part of my church life ever since. So many facets of his personality and service have kept my eye on him constantly, and have added so much to my testimony of the Savior and the Church. I will always remember the spiritual experience of watching him sustained as President of the Church. Thank you, President Monson, and our love to your family.

• jls Sandy, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:46 a.m.

So sad ... and yet so happy our dear Prophet is having a glorious reunion with many who love him as we do. I was blessed to interact with President Monson on several occasions and can testify of his love and divine direction. He was a "dear man" called of God to lead and teach us. Oh how we'll miss him. But his example and teachings will be with us forever enriching our mortal lives.

• Earl Phippen Pocatello, ID
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:37 a.m.

A sad but wonderful day. I have been a member of the church all my life (almost 70 years). I have no conscious memory of any church leadership or general conference without president Monson. Although I have never met him, I shall miss him in a very personal way. But I am certain he will continue to bless lives in a most wonderful way.

• portlander Arlington, WA
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:34 a.m.

Taking his place, shoulder to shoulder with many other giants, preaching beyond the veil and teaching the pure gospel of Christ.

• SLCMom Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:25 a.m.

Rest in peace sweet man! I can't help smiling thinking of the HUGE welcoming party happening in heaven right now. He's with his beloved wife, his BFF Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley, all the past LDS leaders, and a very LONG LINE of adoring grateful widows and veterans that he served so tirelessly. The world needs many more good men like him!

• Lisa Chapman Fullmer Sandy, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:21 a.m.

The most amazing man!
    May you Rest In Peace Now ❤️

• Hoosier87 American Fork, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:18 a.m.

I love everything about that man!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for a life of incredible service and incredible love. Truly one of the great ones.

• Cindy B Provo, UT
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:16 a.m.

What a great man! He is reunited with many loved ones now, especially his wife.

• P Bundy Albuquerque, NM
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:14 a.m.

I will greatly mis this gentle Prophet of the Lord

• DrJarstad Columbia, MO
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:05 a.m.

Just last summer 2016, President Monson was inspired to recommend a better eye surgery teaching microscope for presentation to a medical school in the Philippines than what our LDS Charities Vision Committee had envisioned. By providing the school with the latest state-of-the-art instrument, the donation was covered on Philippine TV and newspapers and the efforts and inspiration of President Monson to assist the poor and needy was proclaimed throughout the country. Thousands of blind patients will benefit from his prophetic insight. He will be greatly missed. Dr. John Jarstad - LDS Charities Vision Committee volunteer eye surgeon 2012-2017

• Shuzzie53 Hayward, CA
    Jan. 3, 2018 12:04 a.m.

A wonderful prophet, a wonderful man.

• Mc West Jordan, UT
    Jan. 2, 2018 11:58 p.m.

I love Pres. Monson! I will miss him!

• tqseal Liberal Central (Sugarhouse), UT
    Jan. 2, 2018 11:54 p.m.

I'll always remember the time and place when I found out for myself that President Monson was a Prophet of God