Kearns man pleads guilty to killing Magna mom, trying to suffocate her daughter

• Flashback Kearns, UT
    April 11, 2018 7:40 a.m.

He went to buy drugs from the lady he killed, meaning that they were dealers too. It's sad that a wife and mother was killed.

I'm not defending this kid at all. He lived in a house down the street from me with some friends. I saw the cops bringing out bagged evidence from that house when I drove by it on my way home on the day of the crime. Frankly, I was not happy at all to see that police activity that day. I asked the landlord, whom I know what was up. He told me and again I was not happy. This didn't happen at his parents home either.

The fact that he's going away for a long time will give him plenty of time to reflect on what he did.

• Cactus Pete Centerville, UT
    Oct. 29, 2017 3:06 p.m.

I question the character and integrity of people both buying or selling marijuana in the State of Utah. I would also suspect that it would expose any young children living in the house to unnecessary risks and dangers from buyers.

• Freeman123 Magna, UT
    Oct. 28, 2017 7:01 p.m.

Really are we still asking these questions? The poor family of the victim would have agreed to the plea. They would have made an informed decision. Downside is the public don't get the full story coming out. next hurdle is the victims partner needs to prove his shady drug dealings and criminal assets he housed in his family home is 'legal'. such a tragedy

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 28, 2017 11:06 a.m.

"Black will be ordered to serve at least 25 years and potentially life in prison..."

**Potentially**???

I would have insisted on the death penalty, but who could possibly deserve an absolutely guaranteed life sentence in prison more than this guy??

• Harrison Bergeron Holladay , UT
    Oct. 27, 2017 10:46 p.m.

No matter how you feel about the death penalty, you cannot argue that it's a very effective bargaining tool. Why would any perp ever take a long prison sentence without the dealth penalty looming in the background?

• Chessermesser West Valley City, UT
    Oct. 27, 2017 8:17 p.m.

What a horrible person. And his girlfriend only gets a Class A?