Utah Jazz gave their fans 'beginning of an era'

• Canneryrow St. George, UT
    May 10, 2018 8:18 p.m.

@rvalens2

I agree. The stretch 4 or 3 that can defend, drive and shoot. I trust DL and Quin will find that guy. I would like to see us keep Favors using our Bird rights and hopefully Dante stays with us at a reasonable price.

They have a great locker room presence with the guys they have. This team has grit. We saw a level of hustle, diving for loose balls, etc that we haven't seen for a long long time. There was a play in the Houston series where DM and Tyler, who is a husky guy, got in a tie up and DM just ripped the ball away from him then gave him a short stare down. That's an attitude that comes from deep inside. He won over the respect of the veterans on our team by having that attitude early in the season. His talent and explosiveness won over the rest of the country.

Honestly, I attended the first Jazz game in 79 against Milwaukee and as much as I have enjoyed them throughout the years...this year was, by far, the most enjoyable of them all!

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    May 10, 2018 3:37 a.m.

@Canneryrow

Yes, the future is bright for the Jazz. The moves the Jazz make this summer and over the next season are going to be fascinating. I believe they are one player away from becoming a real threat to both Houston and Golden State's dominance in the Western Conference.

The Jazz has an up and coming star in Donovan Mitchell, a dominating center, and a terrific veteran point guard in Ricky Rubio. If the Jazz can add one more player of the same caliber as these, they are going to be very tough to beat.

By the way, I too had a problem with the pay to post wall at the other site.

• Canneryrow St. George, UT
    May 9, 2018 6:53 p.m.

Hey Richie good to see you are still posting. I read along on the other thread but haven't ponied up to the pay wall.
    We learned a lot about the Jazz this year. The despair of last July faded with the arrival of DM. The admiration I had as a child for Wayne Estes has been sparked by this young man. His energy is contagious, his talent overwhelming and his humility is a quality not often seen among the truly great. He has a fire inside that burns to compete and be the best. We have seen things this year that we have never seen as Jazz fans in terms of athletic ability and resolve.
    With DL, Quin, Rudy and DM the building blocks are set. The pieces that stay, the ones that are added. it's a great time to be a Jazz fan!

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    May 9, 2018 10:42 a.m.

Why do people keep talking about Mitchell leaving? He's not going anywhere for another six seasons unless he demands a trade.

Let's worry about that when he's in the 7th and final year of his extended contract.

• GoodGuyGary Houston, TX
    May 9, 2018 9:27 a.m.

I would tell Gail Miller to give Mitchell and Gobert 2 car dealerships each to keep them in Utah!

• KellenJW Peachtree City, GA
    May 9, 2018 8:44 a.m.

@Den Den, I'm not sure if you heard, but Gobert signed a four-year extension last summer. I'm pretty sure other teams would have taken him.

And Jingles turned down more money to stay in Utah.

Also, saying "besides Stockton and Malone" is a HUGE qualifier. The greatest PG in the history of the league and the best PF in history, and both chose to stay in Utah for 19 and 18 years, respectively.

• Den Den West Jordan, UT
    May 9, 2018 7:37 a.m.

Besides Stockton & Malone, the Jazz have yet to keep real talent. Mitchell, as soon as his rookie contract is up, will flee for the limelight, dollars and the chance to win an NBA championship. Like death & taxes...it's inevitable!