Two Republicans suing party, officials claiming accommodations not made for their disabilities

• Impartial7 DRAPER, UT
    April 30, 2018 5:28 p.m.

How many lawsuits with the Utah GOP suing each other are now on the docket? This has got to be the most dysfunctional party in the country. Get your popcorn and sit back, enjoy the show.

• toosmartforyou Kaysville, UT
    April 30, 2018 3:26 p.m.

@Water rocket----You really think a disabled person in a wheelchair objecting to mandatory "standing" is seeking "special treatment?" Really......?

• Z South Jordan, UT
    April 30, 2018 2:33 p.m.

As anyone who was at the state GOP convention will tell you, the issue with accommodating wheelchair-bound delegates is now quite obviously dealt with at the state GOP level, so I am not sure what the point of that lawsuit would be.

• LivinLarge Bountiful, UT
    April 30, 2018 1:51 p.m.

I flew from NYC to Chicago this past weekend on Southwest. There were 13 pre-boarders in wheelchairs, plus family/friends, 38 total passengers which means they board first. I paid $50 to board 1 - 15 and made sure I was one of the first off the plan and observed when we arrived to our destination, only 5 of the 13 passengers used a wheelchair to exit the terminal. This is getting worse and worse and Southwest does nothing about it! I ended sitting on row 16 because all the other aisle seats were taken by pre-boarders...

• Traveller Farmington, UT
    April 30, 2018 1:35 p.m.

Does Ms. Stauffer really believe that her vote was not counted because she could not stand when the convention was asked for standing vote? Does she have any evidence that whoever was running the vote did not notice she was in a wheelchair and counted her vote anyway? And this is when the party chair met with her prior to the convention, showing that he was perfectly aware that she would be in a wheelchair at the convention?

It doesn't sound very likely.

• water rocket Magna, UT
    April 30, 2018 1:14 p.m.

I applaud any person with disabilities, who get involved, but I really cringe when they demand special treatment.