Oklahoma City Thunder remain lone NBA team to use pregame invocation

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    April 25, 2018 3:31 p.m.

I have a great deal of respect for the Oklahoma City Thunder now. Oklahoma city is in a Bible Belt and religion there is huge. I would love to see the Utah Jazz do this but, in Utah, I am afraid this would be perceived as the Millers trying to force their religion on others.

• delasalle Sandy, UT
    April 25, 2018 2:54 p.m.

@waterrocket Although I agree with you, the same could be said of BYU in years past. Prayer for peace in the locker room before the game, go out and be thugs on the field. I personally don't take any offense by it. Just guys competing their hearts out and sometimes getting a little too emotional. Church ball is where I saw some of the most violence on the court actually, yes, fists flying and even chairs thrown. And those are some of the best memories!

• MaxPower Eagle Mountain, UT
    April 25, 2018 2:24 p.m.

Praying and hoping for good sportsmanship and an injury free contest is admirable.

What annoys me is when people confuse victory with divine favor. God has fans on both sides wanting and praying for their side to be victorious.

• strom thurmond taylorsville, UT
    April 25, 2018 1:52 p.m.

Apparently it doesn't work.

• kaysvillecougar KAYSVILLE, UT
    April 25, 2018 1:42 p.m.

@ countryvoice3, I'll come pick you up for church this Sunday at 10:30. You're gonna have a great time.

• countryvoice3 Salt Lake City, UT
    April 25, 2018 1:24 p.m.

“For our fans it’s an opportunity to pray if they want to, to have a moment of silent reflection if they want to or it’s really for them to use that time however they want to.”

Sure a moment to use how you want to while I inflict my fantasy on you that by the way is the same fantasy that fights against many of my freedoms as a human.

• countryvoice3 Salt Lake City, UT
    April 25, 2018 1:23 p.m.

• iluvnz Vernal, UT
    April 25, 2018 12:58 p.m.

I like this. Way to go OKC. Please keep this tradition alive. I would petition the Utah Jazz to implement the same tradition. We could all use more of this in our lives.

• water rocket Magna, UT
    April 25, 2018 11:52 a.m.

Strange that they would invoke divine providence, then play like monsters. I suppose that there is still hope for them, at least off the court. As far as their play on the court, they need to stop acting like thugs and just play the game.

• Pacer Bountiful, UT
    April 25, 2018 11:07 a.m.

Had no idea that they did that, very cool!

• Light and Liberty St George, UT
    April 25, 2018 10:42 a.m.

Amen, amen, and amen!

• MarkMAN West Columbia, TX
    April 25, 2018 10:28 a.m.

So Cool So Cool!!!!! Wow why not the Jazz? SLC and no prayer. Utah and no prayer! Hmmm!!!

But SO COOL!

Mark

• joe5 South Jordan, UT
    April 25, 2018 10:09 a.m.

Every time I start to lose faith in mankind, a story like this leaks out to remind me not to give up on our species just yet. The greatest strength of man is the faith he places in God.