Utah Jazz vs. OKC Thunder: Who has the matchup advantage?

• GoodGuyGary Houston, TX
    April 13, 2018 2:59 p.m.

You guys are so negative. With the way Jazz is playing, I think we will sweep the series, 4-0 Jazz will win!! Now, who is with me?

• kaysvillecougar KAYSVILLE, UT
    April 13, 2018 2:29 p.m.

@toosmartforyou, as a fellow kaysvillian, I've gotta say, you're assessment is too negative for me. The Jazz are going to beat the thunder. Go Jazz!!!!!

• scalman Temecula, CA
    April 13, 2018 10:19 a.m.

@ FT
    I agree that Westbrook will not be stopped, but I disagree with the article's contention that OKC wins the forward match-up. George should do well in the series, but Anthony has not been close to what he once was from what I can tell from reading articles. Favors' good health and Jazz depth will sway this series in the Jazz favor, although it's gonna be quite a battle at the center position, too, as Adams is having a fine year. I'm guessing Jazz in 7, but they might need to win one of the first two games.

• TerryHaimes Sturgis, MS
    April 12, 2018 7:16 p.m.

All the Jazz have to do is stay together as a team, go at the all stars and make them work on every possession. Remember the Clippers. Go Jazz.

• oldbasketball Draper, UT
    April 12, 2018 5:33 p.m.

I'm concerned. The last 3 games he has turned the ball over way too much and made bad decisions. If he subs for Rubio and does the same, I hope Snyder goes to Neto quickly.

• SWWeatherGuy South Weber, UT
    April 12, 2018 5:33 p.m.

"Any team that has Westbrook as their guard has the "edge". Don't be a homer,"

It wasn't a one-and-one comparison, it was Westbroek & Brewer vs Mitchell & Rubio. When you look at all four within the scope of a team game I don't think it's a huge stretch to call the guards: Even.

• toosmartforyou Kaysville, UT
    April 12, 2018 4:50 p.m.

Right now OKC HAS home court advantage. And the Jazz are capable of folding, like they did against Boston in SLC a couple weeks ago when the game was on the line with 2 1/2 minutes to play and again during the first quarter and remainder of the game against Portland last night. As a result, they are in the upper (harder) bracket.

So maybe next year.

• Samwise Salt Lake City, UT
    April 12, 2018 3:01 p.m.

Jazz in 6. OKC is good, and they won the season series against the Jazz 3-1. But that is only because the Jazz played the three they lost during that horrid stretch in December and 2 of those three losses were without Gobert. Although mostly the same players (and the only difference are upgrades), the Jazz are a completely different team now. Sure, Westbrook is the best player on either team. But it is a team game and for the past few months the Jazz have clearly been the better team.

OKC will not know what hit them when the Jazz claim home court advantage by winning game 1 in OKC. Home team will win the remaining games, giving the Jazz the series clincher in game 6. Go Jazz! Prove me right!

• FT salt lake city, UT
    April 12, 2018 12:45 p.m.

Any team that has Westbrook as their guard has the "edge". Don't be a homer, he's hands down better than anybody right now than the Jazz can throw at them, including Mitchell.
    Win or lose, this series will make the Jazz and the organization better in the future. Go Jazz!

• Brent S Sandy, UT
    April 12, 2018 12:07 p.m.

Defense travels. Let's go get'em, Jazz!