Offense excels in hard-hitting BYU spring practice session

• Alaskan Coug Anchorage, AK
    March 29, 2018 6:27 p.m.

RE: Howard S
    Go back to a Ute article to make your wild claims, this kind of an effort to make it look like BYU fans are unrealistic is a waste of our time. I am sure there is plenty to love about those football utes.

Go Cougs - keep improving.

• Gruncle Ralph Salt Lake City, UT
    March 29, 2018 2:50 p.m.

The offense was so bad last year that they have no where to go but up.

If they're merely average this year we will see improvements to last year's 4-9 record.

I like the energy and enthusiasm we're seeing from our offense this year and it gets me excited about seeing improvement this coming year.

Zach Wilson might not start at QB to open the season but his moxie and competitiveness reminds me of Max Hall.

I'm Looking forward to next year.

• Aliluminar Orem, UT
    March 29, 2018 11:07 a.m.

According to the NCAA Statistics website, last year’s defense was ranked # 51 in the US. As a contrast, the offense was # 118.

If the defense did not do as well as they could have, it was partly due to the fact that they spent so much time on the field, since the offense did not seem able to get more than one or two first and tens.

If the offense is able to improve this year, I believe the defense will be able to be more rested and thus, will improve in its performance.

• BlueHusky Mission Viejo, CA
    March 29, 2018 9:15 a.m.

Fun to see the offense make some TDs. I'm not worried about the defense. They'll be stout. They were stout last year, given the terrible offense. That shouldn't change. But the key is scoring offense. In today's game you have to score. Few defenses today can hold a modern offense to 10 points or less. Unless, of course, we're referring to last year's BYU offense. But that was not a modern offense.

Looking forward to next fall.

• Howard S. Taylorsville, UT
    March 29, 2018 9:01 a.m.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a New Year’s Six bowl game from this special group of players and coaches.

• SpÄter73 Hughson, CA
    March 29, 2018 7:41 a.m.

Last year’s terrible record is still too fresh in my mind to get excited about this year based on what’s happening in spring practice. Although, I am cautiously hopefully.

• london_josh lincoln, CA
    March 29, 2018 4:29 a.m.

Cool news on the offense, but I'm kind of worried about the defense.

My optimistic self would love to think that we're just that unstoppable - but the defense had a lot of time where they were on their heels last year.

Sitaki needs to watch the defense well, that's supposed to be his specialty and as much as the fans want the old BYU version of putting up tons of points with a prolific offense, the defense will win those games.