BYU-bound Timpview senior Aidan Troutner named national cross country runner of the year

• london_josh lincoln, CA
    Feb. 22, 2018 2:57 p.m.

Mindgames - sorry, I missed the reference. I read that article too, rather rediculous conclusion.

• mindgames Aurora, CO
    Feb. 22, 2018 7:35 a.m.

London_josh
    I was just referencing an article by Doug Robinson talking about BYU basketball not recruiting foreign players and how Utah County dominates the recruiting efforts. As I see it Utah County is a great recruiting area and must be taken advantage of.
    I am grateful that Aidan is willing to take his talents to BYU.

• london_josh lincoln, CA
    Feb. 21, 2018 8:40 p.m.

Mindgames,

As a former cross country runner at Timpview, you basically run past BYU everyday. Do you suggest blinders?

I'm not sure that I get your comment. Good school, 88% of those accepted to both BYU and Utah choose it, great if you are LDS also. Congrats to Aidan.

• AGPennypockets Provo, UT
    Feb. 21, 2018 3:27 p.m.

BYU is very, very fortunate to get Aidan Troutner. He could have gone to almost any school in the nation. He is a very humble, personable, centered kid who has his head screwed on straight. . . yet fiercely competitive. The world needs more Aidan Troutners for sure.

• mindgames Aurora, CO
    Feb. 21, 2018 1:49 p.m.

Wait...another Utah County athlete?
    Well maybe this last one, but the pipeline needs to end here.

• let's roll LEHI, UT
    Feb. 20, 2018 6:37 p.m.

Congrats to this young man.

• EPoint Roy, UT
    Feb. 20, 2018 4:49 p.m.

Congratulations to Aiden! He reportedly said, "I didn’t qualify for NXN last year by one spot,” Troutner said. "Every single day this summer, I had that in the back of my mind. Keep pushing so I could get here." Motivation such as this surely is a key to obtaining any goal. Adversity and challenge seem to be essential to success. Hope Aiden can help the Y team reach the NCAA NXN Championship in the near future.